Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news! - page 21. (Read 28041 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 15, 2013, 04:58:21 PM
Thanks for making us aware of this.  I have been buying and selling Ripple for months on this site and in the ripple client, and I miss trading it.  It died out a bit but this does seem like a good bet to take. I will buy some today.  It looks like the price is already creeping up a bit and this news has not spread very far yet.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
September 15, 2013, 04:53:48 PM
So is the Ripple XRP a different kind of bitcoin and if so, how is it different/better?

http://www.newfination.com/2013/08/01/the-ripple-network-review-what-is-ripple/4103/

XRP is down about 70% from its highs, which is why I think it should really surge on this news once more people find out about it.

It won't surge.  OpenCoin owns billions of XRP from the premine.

There is no volume.

It's like $20K/day... down from $100K/day 3 months ago.

Anybody can push this market around at will...
OpenCoin doesn't have the foggiest idea how to manage a currency.

And Griffin's comment was "our technology" will be open sourced...
With no confirmation from the mutes at OpenCoin...
So this basically means nothing.

OpenCoin is completely dysfunctinal...
That's why they are going to Vegas...
Maybe Ripple will stay in Vegas.

Yes exactly...volume has dried up lately so any significant buying interest will push it up.  And there was some big buys last night.

And Griffin is OpenCoin..he's a VP there.  

It's up to you whether Ripple going open source means nothing to you, but time will tell if it means much to the other buyers/traders/speculators out there.  

It is just very low risk and high potential reward at the moment, which is why I bought some last night.

Actually, I like your bet on Ripple. Good luck with that.

Personally, I make 500 trades/day on the NYSE...
And do not trust the Ripple network for more than a few $1000...
And am basically sick and tired of the whole Ripple saga.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
September 15, 2013, 04:49:36 PM

The price is determined by supply and demand.  Right now one 22000 XRP is worth about 1 bitcoin...and 1 XRP is worth about .006 USD.   

The high a couple of months ago was 3x this amount, so plenty of room to run and not even break the highs.  Judge yourself if what I'm saying makes sense.

Oh I see ok that make sense pretty cool.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
September 15, 2013, 04:48:22 PM

It won't surge.  OpenCoin owns billions of XRP from the premine.

So is that why it surged 2000% at one point?

ripple.    *** yawn ***

Yeah making 20x return on your money is so boring... * yawn *

Hello,  I don't discount ripple its just pretty complex. When you say "surge" what are you talking about ?

"Surge" would be the XRP price moving up 25% or more in a relatively short period of time.

XRP has shot up on Opencoin news a few times before.  Things have been quiet and this is big news and a catalyst to move it higher.  I'm not debating the merits of the protocol, just saying it is significant news for XRP and crypto community as a whole.

Oh there is an actual price for xrp ? how can that be with there is 100 billion of them? where can I see the price?

The price is determined by supply and demand.  Right now one 22000 XRP is worth about 1 bitcoin...and 1 XRP is worth about .006 USD.   

The high a couple of months ago was 3x this amount, so plenty of room to run and not even break the highs.  Judge yourself if what I'm saying makes sense.
September 15, 2013, 04:46:53 PM
So is the Ripple XRP a different kind of bitcoin and if so, how is it different/better?

http://www.newfination.com/2013/08/01/the-ripple-network-review-what-is-ripple/4103/

XRP is down about 70% from its highs, which is why I think it should really surge on this news once more people find out about it.

There is no volume.

Yes exactly...volume has dried up lately so any significant buying interest will push it up.  And there was some big buys last night.

And Griffin is OpenCoin..he's a VP there.  

It's up to you whether Ripple going open source means nothing to you, but time will tell if it means much to the other buyers/traders/speculators out there.  

It is just very low risk and high potential reward at the moment, which is why I bought some last night.
legendary
Bitcoin
September 15, 2013, 04:45:11 PM

ripple.    *** yawn ***

Hello,  I don't discount ripple its just pretty complex. When you say "surge" what are you talking about ?

"Surge" would be the XRP price moving up 25% or more in a relatively short period of time.

XRP has shot up on Opencoin news a few times before.  Things have been quiet and this is big news and a catalyst to move it higher.  I'm not debating the merits of the protocol, just saying it is significant news for XRP and crypto community as a whole.

Oh there is an actual price for xrp ? how can that be with there is 100 billion of them? where can I see the price?
Activity: 280
September 15, 2013, 04:42:46 PM

There is no volume.

September 15, 2013, 04:38:24 PM

ripple.    *** yawn ***

legendary
Bitcoin
September 15, 2013, 04:36:27 PM

ripple.    *** yawn ***

Hello,  I don't discount ripple its just pretty complex. When you say "surge" what are you talking about ?
September 15, 2013, 04:32:09 PM

ripple.    *** yawn ***

legendary
Bitcoin
September 15, 2013, 04:27:44 PM
Anyone know if you can do a chargeback on ripple? meaning I just sold 0.03 btc for USD on ripple what happens next?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
September 15, 2013, 03:13:46 PM

With XRP, the order book is built into the protocol. With bitcoin, each exchange maintains its own proprietary/closed, centralized order book. XRP "federates" the exchanges into ripple "gateways". Gateway deposits become ripple IOUs, and they get traded for XRP in a global decentralized ledger of bid/ask offers.
Activity: 321
September 15, 2013, 03:11:16 PM
ripple.    *** yawn ***
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
September 15, 2013, 03:10:38 PM

100 Billion to be excate.

XRP are largely irrelevant... spam prevention.

Ripple is a decentralized debt tracker.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 15, 2013, 03:08:19 PM
Interesting, who forced them to release the sources?
legendary
Bitcoin
September 15, 2013, 03:01:34 PM

100 Billion to be excate.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
September 15, 2013, 02:58:47 PM

legendary
Bitcoin
September 15, 2013, 02:54:33 PM
So what does the Ripple System improve?

I tried to find something but I just cant see anything
valuable in the Ripple...

I just re-visted ripple after a few months away from it because my head was hurting from it. After further figuring it out it sort of like extending credit to strangers but to start you have to establish a line of credit with someone you trust so you both bare the responsibility for any defaults on loans. Not sure this is a good idea yet.

edit: after visiting my account I sold 0.03 BTC for 300 xp's to someone lol...had no idea or don't remember.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
September 15, 2013, 02:44:08 PM
So what does the Ripple System improve?

I tried to find something but I just cant see anything
valuable in the Ripple...
September 15, 2013, 02:39:58 PM

Pages:
Jump to: