Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news! - page 4. (Read 28041 times)

donator
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
Well, it might be the case that WU sees ripplesync as an employee... I hope he doesn't scare them away/overwhelm them with his enthusiasm and makes clear from the beginning that WU needs to contact Ripple Labs actually.
I'm RippleSync, I will give my Twitter acount login credentials to someone from Ripple Labs. I share your opinion that it might ruin the moment if I tell them that I'm just a simple Ripple user.

You didn't ruin anything. Maybe Ripplelabs wanted to wait before approaching them but whatever WU have smart people I don't think they would care for petty things like this... what matter is ripple network capabilites imo..
Activity: 628
Well, it might be the case that WU sees ripplesync as an employee... I hope he doesn't scare them away/overwhelm them with his enthusiasm and makes clear from the beginning that WU needs to contact Ripple Labs actually.
I'm RippleSync, I will give my Twitter acount login credentials to someone from Ripple Labs. I share your opinion that it might ruin the moment if I tell them that I'm just a simple Ripple user.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
NWO
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Short term a small correction maybe, long term buy, buy, buy to da moon as they say
NWO
Activity: 392
Asks at 119.04 now......  Roll Eyes
yep, we're back in the 100s and that surge is....well, it's looking to be over. i wonder if this is just a correction, but looking at depth/walls, XRP has a ways to fall.

I would buy back in right now if the f'ing client would even let me login.  Well I didn't try it today but I think it is a good time to buy.

I just bought some at 16,000 readying for the price spike! Only weak hands are selling now.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
yep, we're back in the 100s and that surge is....well, it's looking to be over. i wonder if this is just a correction, but looking at depth/walls, XRP has a ways to fall.

I would buy back in right now if the f'ing client would even let me login.  Well I didn't try it today but I think it is a good time to buy.
Activity: 658
Activity: 686
hyh
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1XGKpTag3kNJeeFtsnTYs6TfvWvgG2DtR
Just tried to login with both Chrome and Firefox and with both of the the "Open Wallet" button wont' even work.  
If this is the issue I think it is, just type in the password and the button will work.

Actually typing username is easier as it's normally shorter.  Wink
hyh
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1XGKpTag3kNJeeFtsnTYs6TfvWvgG2DtR
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
Just tried to login with both Chrome and Firefox and with both of the the "Open Wallet" button wont' even work.  
If this is the issue I think it is, just type in the password and the button will work.
Activity: 628
I solve this problem by another technique by clicking on the combo box (Payward, Local Browser; Payward; Local Browser),  I don't change anything, then"OK" and my login button becomes green.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
I think that this is the problem: https://github.com/ripple/ripple-client/issues/1074
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

I sold all my XRP and moved the funds to Bitstamp and then out of there too.   Maybe will come back IF they ever fix it.  

But again, congrats to everyone has made sweet profits on XRP.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
So I should only "trust" people I expect to give me USD IRL?
For now, I think so.

Then whats the point of this thing? I could "trust" my brother to pay me back $500, or I could just call him and ask him to write me a check, send an ACH transfer, send me bitcoins, or give me $500 when I see him this weekend.
It depends what you're trying to do.

If you want to lend him up to $500 and trust him to pay you back, then Ripple is a great fit. He can also extend credit to you if you want to so you can both deal with other people flexibly. He can pay you back inside Ripple (say with balances from a gateway you trust). You always know who owes who how much. And you never need to pressure him to settle since you can spend the money he owes you (this, of course, assumes he holds balances you want or has trust lines that are useful to you). You can, of course, also settle in person for cash and adjust the Ripple accounting to keep it in sync.

If you just want to be able to pay each other money, then Ripple may or may not be useful. If you can easily exchange checks or use ACH transfers or hand cash in person, then Ripple probably doesn't help you very much. But if you each use different currencies or already find a use for holding funds at Ripple gateways, then Ripple makes those payments quick and cheap.
Activity: 354
No, just real bitcoins Wink

Sent. I also now "trust" you for $10 on ripple. Cool

You probably shouldn't do that unless you can reasonably expect him to give you some real $10 "physically" on request.

Only trust gateways you trust to hand over the real thing upon request and that's it. (In that sense ripple works kind-of like LibertyReserve used to work: you can transfer IOUs (or account balances) within the network, but "real life exchangers" are used as gateways to get real stuff in and out)

If we all start trusting random strangers we're setting ourselves up for some bad vibes.

So I should only "trust" people I expect to give me USD IRL? Then whats the point of this thing? I could "trust" my brother to pay me back $500, or I could just call him and ask him to write me a check, send an ACH transfer, send me bitcoins, or give me $500 when I see him this weekend.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Someone just flashed a 50k USD wall at 70.... gone now....

Its easy to post fake/unfunded orders (I think it was for $50 million), the client doesn't yet check streamed-in offers. They go away when you refresh the order book.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Someone just flashed a 50k USD wall at 70.... gone now....
Pages:
Jump to: