Pages:
Author

Topic: Riserless Motherboard - page 2. (Read 439 times)

Activity: 416
Merit: 125
October 07, 2020, 01:31:35 PM
I ordered four used on ebay. Three were good one had a few bent pins.
You can run  five cards easy peasy.

Bitmain psus will run it.

When I get home I will show you how to wire it.

You do  not need a ton of cables if you use fivecards.per board.

Give me an hour or two I will post photos.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
October 07, 2020, 12:53:51 PM
If your running 5700s you also need a splitter to split the 6 pin to 2x8 pin so that is 1 male 6 pin to male 6 pin plus a female 6 pin to 2x8 pin splitter per card.
Activity: 287
Merit: 18
October 07, 2020, 11:14:47 AM
You also have to buy a cable to go from the white output to the CPU.  I think its made for an antminer/server power supply to power everything.  I didn't want to buy the cables so I can't tell you if its any good.

yes, managed to find a youtube vid on this biostar and the guy expressed the same disadvantage regarding the 4 pin male to 4 pin cpu cable not being readily available/resale??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0REYdZxZ_8&ab_channel=%23GuntisVitolins

i have several bitmain psu's so will be good to make use of them(my S9's are all faulty due to chip issues)
thnks for your comment
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
October 07, 2020, 10:42:15 AM
I had 2 and returned both of them.  The PSU power for the cards has to go trough the MOBO then from the MOBO to the cards, you have to buy a lot of cables.  You also have to buy a cable to go from the white output to the CPU.  I think its made for an antminer/server power supply to power everything.  I didn't want to buy the cables so I can't tell you if its any good.

I would troubleshoot your asus MOBO instead you should be able to get it working.  I've had a lot of those asus boards and no problems with them.  
Activity: 287
Merit: 18
October 07, 2020, 07:21:45 AM
anyone have experience with the riserless Biostar Mining Board TB250-BTC D+

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=902#overview

will they run 7 x 5700 im total noob to all this and hesitant to buy and cards wont run on it.  have a asus B250(19GPU) motherboard that's slowly driving me insane. 

Pages:
Jump to: