Pages:
Author

Topic: Robert De Niro revealed he may consider applying for Russian citizenship - page 2. (Read 4512 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
I am afraid that 1 hectare is too small to attract farmers or other investors. The area should be increased to at least 10 hectares.
Then we wouldn't have enough land to distribute it between those who are willing to get it. There are 614 million hectares of unused public land, which is available for distribution. This number, being divided by 10, gives us only 61 million of potential receivers, that's not so much.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Meanwhile, this bill was submitted to the lower house of parliament and, most likely, it will get the majority of votes.

http://vz.ru/news/2016/4/6/803920.html (in russian).

I am afraid that 1 hectare is too small to attract farmers or other investors. The area should be increased to at least 10 hectares. This will enable the investors to make medium-scale investments on sectors such as logging, animal husbandry, and agriculture. Also, rather than allotting the land permanently, it should be leased out with long-term contracts (such as 49-years, or 99-years).
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm going to live in russia soon escape from evil west before it's too late
legendary
How arable is that land? Any jobs out there?
Currently, more than 50% of arable lands of Far East aren't used for anything. It seems as a real reason of free land distrubution. There are also other types of lands, such as forests.

http://expert.ru/2015/01/19/zemlyu---kitajtsami/ (in russian)

He also said that currently there are 614 million hectares of land in the state property in the Far East, a land of different categories.

"We want to establish a mechanism of free land allocation for each inhabitant of the Far East as well as to every person who would like to come to the Far East, one hectare of land that can be used for agriculture, business, forestry, hunting", - Trutnev said.

They also assume that the most of arable land will not be used in the near future. However, the productivity of agricultural crops will grow in the coming decades due to climate change, it will make lands more attractive for agriculture. I.e. it's a kind of long-term asset.
Meanwhile, this bill was submitted to the lower house of parliament and, most likely, it will get the majority of votes.

http://vz.ru/news/2016/4/6/803920.html (in russian).
legendary
Currently, more than 50% of arable lands of Far East aren't used for anything. It seems as a real reason of free land distrubution. There are also other types of lands, such as forests.

http://expert.ru/2015/01/19/zemlyu---kitajtsami/ (in russian)

He also said that currently there are 614 million hectares of land in the state property in the Far East, a land of different categories.

"We want to establish a mechanism of free land allocation for each inhabitant of the Far East as well as to every person who would like to come to the Far East, one hectare of land that can be used for agriculture, business, forestry, hunting", - Trutnev said.

They also assume that the most of arable land will not be used in the near future. However, the productivity of agricultural crops will grow in the coming decades due to climate change, it will make lands more attractive for agriculture. I.e. it's a kind of long-term asset.
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
Hold on - "the east" ? - does that mean Siberia ?
Far Eastern District. Jewish Autonomous Region, Khabarovsk Krai, Amur Oblast and so on.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Is there any reason why Robert 'De Biro' wants Russian citizenship? What possible advantage is there for him?

Low tax rates can be one of the reasons. Remember Gérard Depardieu? He dumped his French passport, and applied for the Russian citizenship after the French government increased the income tax rate to 75% (In Russia, the rate of income tax is a uniform 13%). The VAT is also one of the reasons. A liter of gasoline costs €1.329 in Germany, while it costs just €0.537 in Russia.

this did not made sense, from macro-economic theory, you should compare the price of Hamburger in McDonald, both in germany and russia.
 the normal monthly salary divided by the cost of 1 Hamburger of McDonald, then you can see who can buy more Hamburgers to eat, russian or german.
legendary
There is a right on repatriation, of course. But, as far I know, current law doesn't define any legal terms like "russian people" or "russian nation". The term "compatriot" is used instead, and its definition is not so clear for me. I think only lawyer will be able to answer this question correctly. Roll Eyes

Far Eastern District. Jewish Autonomous Region, Khabarovsk Krai, Amur Oblast and so on.

"Taiga and tundra in the north, swampy forest in the central depression, and deciduous forest in the south are the natural vegetation in the area." - and to the east, the Pacific.

Sounds good to me.

1 hectare you say ?

I never mentioned it before but I have ancient ancestry from over there - my great great grandfather on my mothers side was named Uzala. Dersu Uzala.

Do you think I might qualify ?
legendary
1 hectare per one russian for free:

https://www.rt.com/politics/322404-government-drafts-bill-on-free/

But that will work for citizens only.

Thats very interesting - I hereby bestow upon Putin the honourary title of "PracticalDreamer".

Anyhow, its noble in intent.

The Scottish Government would like similar land reforms over here - but they haven't quite worked out how to disposess Egyptian Mohamed Al Fayad of his 65,000 acre Balnagown Estate - or that of other absent middle eastern landlords (oil barons ?) land holdings. They now constitute the single largest landholding group, in the Highlands at least - if not in Scotland.
legendary
1 hectare per one russian for free:

https://www.rt.com/politics/322404-government-drafts-bill-on-free/

But that will work for citizens only.
I need to learn the language first though. Before I can try and submit forms.

You need learn nothing, if You buy land and home.
There is enough possibilities.
with money anything is possible, but money I do not have.
Anyone willing to sponsor me?
get me land and I'll work it and build my home.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

You need learn nothing, if You buy land and home.
There is enough possibilities.
I would take one and some free land in siberia even.

This is a real possibility, Pacific Ocean zone permit to have hektares for free. But what You will do there?

http://www.kp.ru/daily/26425.4/3300111/

надальнийвосток.рф
live a quiet rural life. With more freedom than I do in this "homeland"
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
It's correct for normal countries. It's unfortunately, but your belief doesn't matter in case of United States. US has imperial complex and forces every its citizen to fill a declaration of incomings, including those which were received outside of their actual jurisdiction. He will be taxed for the foreign incomings or prosecuted for tax evasion otherwise.

It's very funny because even the "totalitarian" DPRK doesn't force its citizen to act in such way.

OMG! If that is the case, then all of the American expatriates (perhaps with the exception of the diplomatic and military personal) are getting taxed twice, which is extremely unfair. Also, the income tax rate in the US is quite high (can go up to 53% in certain states, such as California and New York). A lot more people should be renouncing their American citizenship in that case.

You are taxed on the money you make in the US. If you are overseas you get the overseas income exemption up to about $100k.

For someone like DeNiro he would likely have an incorporation that is getting paid for his work which he can then incorporate somewhere outside of the US such as the Caymans. Then he can buy things with that corporation (corporate car, corporate house, company paid for meals, etc) while collecting a minimal income (to him) under $100k.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
I guess it is good business idea to get citizenship fron low-tax place you have open businesses.
Also usa is not a dream anymore. So russia might not be best option there but still it is good.

The very rich like De Niro don't have high tax problems in the West, they give their money to accountants to help avoid it.
The USA was certainly a dream fulfilled for De Niro and his family, third generation immigrants turned classic arty libs who would no more move to Putin's Russia than fly to the moon.

A total non story, crude propaganda from the ganstas, trying for credibility they're never going to get.
legendary
Activity: 2422
I guess it is good business idea to get citizenship fron low-tax place you have open businesses.
Also usa is not a dream anymore. So russia might not be best option there but still it is good.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
So True ... question is .. why European / US press do not ask to any russian citizen ...

LOL, You are a 0 in Russian Business questions.
All Russian Business are under Cyprus and Duch registered juridic names.
No smart people from RF goes to build juridic names in US.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
De Niro was opening another one of his part owned Nobu Japanese Restaurants for the megarich in Moscow.
He was being polite at the press conference, that's all.
Putin might like to add him to his collection of famous trophy westerners like Depardieu and Jones Jr., probably why the story's being spun by the Russian media, but De Niro's a thru and thru Obama supporting Democrat.

So True ... question is .. why European / US press do not ask to any russian citizen ... if you want to make business in our country ... would you ask for being national citizen ... ?

Answer : Why i would need to do ? Hoo nothing this is just good for our propaganda ......
Pages:
Jump to: