Pages:
Author

Topic: Romanization of Russian in the English posts. - page 2. (Read 415 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
September 20, 2018, 07:15:27 PM
That happens with some other languages as well.  It is a clear indication that it has been translated using automatic translation tools.

But the rule 27 appears to only apply to local boards.
27. Using automated translation tools to post translated content in Local boards is not allowed.

Unless it is plagiarized (which I have seen before - translated from plagiarized Russian articles or posts) it probably doesn't break the rules or fall under the "low quality" rule.

Unless I misunderstood the point.

I'd consider it borderline "low quality posts". While if something is pointless or garbled nonsense I report it. But I do give a bit of leeway if the author is trying to be part of the conversation but is just struggling with the language.

I use transliterations and posts in local language regularly to detect what language is their primary language and then see if they use translation tools to plagiarize content written in that language.

Like here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45093762
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
September 20, 2018, 07:03:16 PM
Romanization of Russian is the process of transliterating the Russian language from the Cyrillic script into the Latin script. Wikipedia

Transliteration table

One more way to shitposting - to write in English text Russian words by means of transliteration.

I do not believe that bitcoin will reach $ 12 now. I kajetsa sales will start a little earlier. With 11 700$ for example.

In this post there is a Russian word "кaжeтcя", written using a distorted transliteration.

It is an excellent and very vdohnovljajuscaja history, but no) Personally, I have little money and I need to study at the Institute, poetomu I can't afford it.

In this post there is a Russian words "вдoxнoвляющaя" and "пoэтoмy", written using a distorted transliteration.

It zapatentovana proprietary technology used by the company. These are two important factor on which bitcoin is better.

In this post there is a Russian word "зaпaтeнтoвaннaя", written using a distorted transliteration.
Pages:
Jump to: