Author

Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer - page 245. (Read 387493 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
May 29, 2014, 03:12:03 PM
You got it wrong also because we are not cloning anything. All codes are written from scratch.

Spin-offs allow you to embrace the cloning process.

Would you consider a NEM/Nxt spin-off?  Since these PoS coins are not mineable, you would not have the advantage of low-difficulty to easily accumulate coins upon launch, but perhaps you could accomplish the same effect by forging.  For example, if you were one of the first to claim your pre-mine, you'd be forging when most bitcoiners had your project "on ignore."  The code could be written to award forgers with transactions fees when claims are made (since there's no mining to offset the cost of supporting the network).  If lots of bitcoiners make their claims, you as one of the earliest forgers would earn more fees.  If few bitcoiners make their claim (assuming you implemented a 1-year claim window), then your money supply is reduced.  So again, this seems like a way to bootstrap an alt-coin with an efficient distribution and still provide a mechanism for developers to earn a profit should their idea prove to be innovative.  
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 29, 2014, 03:10:36 PM
Activity: 602
Merit: 268
Internet of Value
May 29, 2014, 03:08:30 PM
So what is the correct term what you are doing?

Creating/Developing a new cryptocurrency plattform inspired by NXT?

I think you can stop because this is not a place. You can read more about us in our dedicated thread. Open source technologies are a state of shared mindset to advance humanity progress. In a way we are all inspired by Satoshi. We spent a lot of time on improving what are available.  
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2014, 03:05:58 PM
What ever you are doing and if you like it or not. Most people call your project a clone.

So you are the type who like to listen to rumor instead of facts ? no wonder.
is said project PoS?
is said project premined?

if yes, then its a clone on the macro economic level?
how is it distinguished in a single line?  
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
May 29, 2014, 03:04:21 PM
So what is the correct term what you are doing?

Creating/Developing a new cryptocurrency plattform inspired by NXT?
Internet of Value
May 29, 2014, 03:01:27 PM
What ever you are doing and if you like it or not. Most people call your project a clone.

So you are the type who like to listen to rumor instead of facts ? no wonder.
legendary
Monero Evangelist
May 29, 2014, 02:59:26 PM
Internet of Value
May 29, 2014, 02:51:35 PM
I think "Peter R" doesnt know you, so I explained your thought to him.

Hm I think you explained what I am doing outside this thread but not at all about what I thought on the issue
You got it wrong also because we are not cloning anything. All codes are written from scratch.
Internet of Value
May 29, 2014, 02:47:12 PM
legendary
Activity: 1260
May 29, 2014, 02:40:00 PM
Let this sink in: the world needed a global ledger.  

It's all fun and games when Bitcoin is an optional thing you can partake in if you want, but when you speak with pro-globalization talking points like this, that's when things start to get scary.

I'm of the viewpoint that human structure originates from individual > family > tribe/village > city state, and that's where the buck stops.  Those organizational structures are all based on ethnocentric values, shared culture, and experiences.  If you would take a look at the modern world today, every nation following that natural state seem to be doing okay, while all the ones embracing globalization are just falling apart except the top 1/10th of 1%.

If you were someone looking out for your own self interest, you would most likely not want a "global ledger", and would most likely benefit more from some type of system devised to benefit your local group.  The other horrible thing about globalization is that when humans overpopulate in some random corner of the globe (China, India, wherever), it's now everyone's problem instead of just their local problem.  Whether you like or dislike Bitcoin, you have to admit that increasing monetary velocity between countries and decreasing friction will be a big form of globalization.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
May 29, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Sorry, but that´s all just boastful blabla for "I have Bitcoins and I want you to buy some too, to increase the price...instead of buying altcoins."
legendary
Monero Evangelist
May 29, 2014, 02:24:48 PM
I think "Peter R" doesnt know you, so I explained your thought to him.
Internet of Value
May 29, 2014, 01:56:39 PM
He is the "founder" (whatever) of an NXT-clone. So obvious he cant share this opinion.

Could you refrain from stating the obvious and raise a something with a litter more thought? And sorry I am still on mobile so it is difficult to do anything more than a one liner.
legendary
Monero Evangelist
May 29, 2014, 01:52:32 PM
He is the "founder" (whatever) of an NXT-clone. So obvious he cant share this opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
May 29, 2014, 01:36:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 1260
May 29, 2014, 01:16:38 PM
Is this argument all about preserving the status quo?

That is what I was referencing when I responded to his comment as well.  He seems to believe that if he's able to grab onto some Bitcoins for $1 at some point in time in the past, that's entitled to be forever rich in the future....
Internet of Value
May 29, 2014, 01:10:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1372
May 29, 2014, 12:40:16 PM
Seeking early-adopter wealth, founders have deliberately hobbled themselves by not taking advantage of the network effects of the Main Ledger.

This quote looks like something written by a dictator or king talking to his peasants and laughing at them while he sits on a pile of gold bars.  This is another reason Bitcoin always needs a non-zero minimum block reward.

This does not need to be a battle of political will, you will always be free to invest in a new alt ledger or coin. The Spin-off idea is not a political one but one of economic efficiency. It's success is determined by the benefits it gives all users, if you are correct it can't succeeded the market will decided.

Your skepticism is correct on one point in that if it is a $#!±coin holders of the stake will sell but I truly believe that will only happen if there is sub standard innovation.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
May 29, 2014, 12:34:48 PM
I have lots of MRO buys between this level and 0.002 but seems that I am not the only one..  Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
May 29, 2014, 12:32:44 PM
Thank you everybody for quality and insightful comments!
Jump to: