Pages:
Author

Topic: Rule change is a problem of all hunters.Bad team,scam or both - EPNEX.İO example - page 2. (Read 267 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
That was not only well put but also honest.  This was my experience along with thousands of others.  I spent 3 months of daily check-ins and getting a few friends to also join they pulled the rug from under us.  Mandatory KYC was never mentioned on the website.  They have us the option to KYC for extra 800 point reward but I try to avoid handing over all my personal info.  They claim that it was all over their social media sites.  I strongly disagree. 

What is even more concerning is what they expected from us.  They have openly admitted to lack of communication but at same time if we believed in their project we should of become diciples to Lord Epiphany and always kept up to date on their telegram.  Uhhhh what about the website we clicked on everyday?  Couldn't mention something there?  How about an email?  You have enough of everyone's personal info to very easily let it be known.

The worst part was watching how the admins treated everyone. 

Do me a favor and look at their social media sites.
Facebook-hahaha
Reddit-a joke
Medium-seriously? Why even be on there
Twitter-sorta there sometimes.
Telegram-only place they hang out.

I truly believe this was all a scheme to gain users personal info to then be sold to the highest bidder.  This project will be dead within the year and I will be there to watch.

There is some great competition out there.  An exchange on the NEO platform is not a revolutionary idea.  There is only room for a few and Epiphany will not be 1.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Actually this is just an example but I will tell what is happening about this project and in its telegram.
Then ask my questions about the kind of behaviour which is getting more and more common in some projects and icos.
And maybe what should be done about it.

Maybe some of you heard about epnex.io
İt is a hybrid  exchange project that started an airdrop campaign I believe in may.
This should be noted that this airdrop was something like a daily check in and other tasks like giving information about yourself for points.Not a mandatory thing.You get points everyday and then the points are changed to tokens.

From may many people participated in the campaign.
From the start there were no kyc required for airdrop participants. Their admins specified this and the screenshots are in their telegram being used by users that ask why that changed.Then they are never to be seen again in the group.
But every participant had to bound their phone and phone number.
There were no limit to participants as long as they give their phone number and a code sent to number proved that the number was in use.
İn august the team changed the rules that made many people participate.
KYC.
At first they said that there will be no kyc for airdrop participants and about 2 months later changed it.they say they can change rules whenever they want because there were cheaters. who, how, where, why did you not anticipate it in the first place?
we owe you but you have to give us your id if you want your tokens you deserved.
yes you are threatening me but I should also give you my id.
is this look like trustworthy or a good business.
Anyway...
The team decided that people needed to do kyc if they wanted to get their tokens.They claim there were cheaters.But offer no evidence.Looks like they did not anticipated how many people would join.
And again I come to bad business mangement and incompetence.
But they announced this decision through social media.
There were no warnings in offical site or when you enter your account for daily check ins.
They did not even e-mailed this to the people whom they had their telephone numbers and e-mails.
After the deadline the accounts did not get frozen.They waited a whole month so that people who does not know keep working for them.
Now.
The accounts of people who did not do kyc are frozen.Telegram admins say that the tokens in these accounts will be used in new airdrops.
They can't answer with a reasonable answer why there were no e-mail warnings.Their answer was to not spam people with e-mails.
Telegram admins are muting and banning people for a month now. Especially people who asks how many people did not do the kyc or why this changed in the first place, how many tokens are these accounts accumulate or if these tokens will go to the team or maybe some in telegram admins.The funny thing is they mute people and claim noone is complaining.
And there are some bounty hunters.I started to write this because of that actually.Some people who did the kyc were threatening people not to write things in bitcointalk and if they did they would write with 10000 more times, I don't know maybe wth new accounts.I am looking at you fred.Please write with your new accounts also, not just the 30 one and maybe epnex.io telegram admins will give you your first merit.

I never do kyc for projects I don't believe in and in these cases I never start if kyc is involved.
I did not do the kyc willingly because I don't believe this project will be a success.But I got frustated by how this is handled.
Changing rules in a whim.
Not caring what happens.
Not even giving the tokens that are earned before the rule change.
Not an explanation other than we can do this and we did. go cry over there. we will silence you.
Muting people who are complaining.And then giving generic answers knowing they can't say anything.
Making people keep on for a month after the deadline and not even burning the tokens but keeping them, and for who?
Could not anticipate what would happen if you don't set a limit to participants or the tokens in an airdrop.

I want to know if this is normal behaviour.
İs this what bounty and airdrops are going to be like, rules can change and you have to go with it.Then every bounty starts with no kyc and at the end give me your ID or I won't give you what you worked for.There is a word fo it in law.What happens when this project is live and rules can change again.

Or is this just bad decision making and incompetence of a team.Then, can you trust and invest in this project.If the team can not even anticipate or think about setting a limit or for a way for people not to cheat -I still don't buy it though, people gave their phone numbers even- how can you run a successfull business.How can anyone invest in your business? How can you even going to run an exchange with this kind of business acumen.Will you change the rules in your exchange.No, you can't withdraw if it is under 1 btc.So you are withdrawing 1 btc ehh...I changed the rule it is 2 btc now.

Or is this kind of things are calculated.Bad decision making, bad business management and maybe bad intention.In this case my personal belief is that this was intentional.This happened in other projects.Kora setting a deadline and keeping tokens is an example.Even if 10% misses the kyc the team gets a lot of tokens.And they don't want to say how many people did not do kyc.Also they did not even e-mailed and let people work for a whole month after the deadline.This is bad intention and bad intention is a no invest in my book.

Why this now if you ask? This project is an example.A good example of a bad business management, a how not to run a business if you will.
What happened is what happens with a bad team, strong against weak and lots of money. And looks like this is happening a lot in the market.Not good indications from the start.

But should this happen and should people just accept it? There are a lot of twits about epnex.io being a scam, people getting robbed, that people should not invest in it.This just shows that what happened hurt some people and they are alone.They are bounty hunters like us.I did not care enough for this to write something until today a bounty hunter thratened another not to open a topic in bitcointalk.I don't know if he did write.But here I am.

Are airdrop and bounty hunters this powerless everytime. Are projects can change rules halfway in the campaigns? İs this fair? İf someone is doing this from the start can you trust your own money to them? Is decentralisation means noone can say anything about anything to project teams? Are we alone?Just because you want a projects success should you not see the people whose efforts are stolen?
I believe we should stick together.Whether we are in a bounty or not.They can do this because there is no support system for bounty hunters and maybe it should.I don't know.I may be a bit naive.

Thats my rant.Thank you for listening.
Pages:
Jump to: