Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rumour] Top Gear Presenters going to Netflix - page 4. (Read 3746 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Don't like Clarkson, don't care. Top Gear was one of the best car show but then they decided to do a show with cars, instead of doing reviews of cars they started to make some goofy things. And all those supposedly funny things where directed and awkward.
legendary
Activity: 812

oh god this was so predictable haha, the clarkson thing was just a publicity stunt for the ITV move.
legendary
Activity: 1540
If they go to a private channel I think they're going to do a much better job than before because they aren't going to have to worry about toeing the political line with the BBC, it should be very interesting to see what happens, you would've thought though that Netflix would be a more logical choice because they don't have to worry about ads.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Time to move on to a fresh format.
I hated top gear in the early days when they just stood around talking cars.
Trips they did and the places they went and all the other things they did WOW loved it and they work so well together.
legendary
lolwut I think you have it the other way round and production values? The BBC lets be honest gave them fuck all, what the presenters did was organise things with the car manufacturers and so on.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I like Top Gear but will it be the same on ITV?

Although the three would not be able to bring with them the Top Gear name, which belongs to the BBC, a motoring show fronted by the three presenters would be hugely appealing to ITV which has suffered a tough year in the ratings.

I dunno. I just think the name and production values that the BBC offered were a big part of it, though sure obviously the presenters are what made it great but I get the feeling it's just going to be a pale imitation or knock off of Top Gear.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Having Netflix as a home would make for a much more interesting show. No advertisers or stuffy committees to please and a much bigger budget to play with.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
After losing the soccer Tongue championship show ITV definitely needed to pick up another major show and apparently the former Top Gear dudes are next up. I never watched many of the TG shows on BBC, exclusively Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares for the most part.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: