Pages:
Author

Topic: [Russia] Burger King to accept Bitcoin this summer! - page 8. (Read 5852 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
Really?  Well I do not get excited because perhaps I will still have to fall in line.  My bitcoin is too precious to pay it for fries, burger, and drinks.  But if I run out of money and feel hungry then maybe I would buy some through my bitcoins.  Hopefully that the Burger King here in our country would do the same thing.  And hopefully McDonalds and Shakeys will follow.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
Not clicking on the link (I never click on links here).

Is it every Burger King in Russia or just a select few? If it's all of them then it could be really good.

That's dumb. Cointelegraph is a trusted source. And look at all replies now? If all these people responded without trouble, you still do not trust the link?

WEIRD!

Look, if you see the links like "GiveMeVirus.com" or "Virus.me", you shouldn't click it... But if you see links like "bitcointalk.org", DEFINITELY click those! You might miss something important and be too late at the new hype and lose all your money!

Conclusion: Just click those links, bruh..

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Awesome ! Hopefully when I will get to Russia next year for World Cup I will be able to find food Cheesy !
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
interestingly enough i keep seeing the food related businesses like the one OP says are starting to accept bitcoin. specially if you check out reddit you can see a lot of news similar to this. from big businesses to small ones such as a sandwich truck.
i remember reading that a small sandwich truck had to stop accepting bitcoin because of all the attention it was getting from people either getting excited to see someone is accepting bitcoin or many who wanted him to explain what bitcoin is.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
The "pizza" businesses should take advantage of that unforgettable story when someone bought a pizza for 10,000BTC and now that amount is worth around 27 millions. I just say it could be a great marketing advantage for them.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
Bitcoin fees are too high for Bitcoin to be used as a currency.

Which will hopefully change with the deployment of segwit. I personally also can't wait to use Bitcoin for smaller payments again.

Bitcoin payment is good and this is all we waiting for to buy things and goods using our bitcoin, but for me I have a little problem with bitcoin payment because of the delay of the transaction and the network fee.

There is no delay if you don't wait for the first confirmation. For small payments the risk of a double-spend is negligible. For example Bitpay "confirms" instantly, given the paid transaction fee is high enough.
Activity: 36
Bitcoin payments can work very much IMO and rather than just scanning a CC then the device will scan a hardware wallet and authorizing a transaction, The bitcoin system can allow a perfect payment interface.
Regarding confirmation, The risk is much lower than bitcoin fraud and the system can automatically ask for higher fees, reducing double spend risk to almost zero.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

Which will hopefully change with the deployment of segwit. I personally also can't wait to use Bitcoin for smaller payments again.

Bitcoin payment is good and this is all we waiting for to buy things and goods using our bitcoin, but for me I have a little problem with bitcoin payment because of the delay of the transaction and the network fee.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
I recently have noticed that many bussines and famous brands are intrested with bitcoin since it became more famous with its high price and they are starting to expirement with it and accept it as a temporery payment method to see how things go, so people whp own bitcoin and want to spend it find places to do so, and the bussines owners get the chnace to invest directly in bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
2 quick questions though:
How many Burger Kings are there in Russia? Here in Germany they are fairly rare, especially compared to in the UK. It looks like the 1st opened in 2010, I guess there aren't many.

How and why will people pay for a $5 burger with a $3 fee?  They would have to be stupid to do it!

Still better than nothing, but these kind of idea don't work anymore, Bitcoin fees are too high for Bitcoin to be used as a currency.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Great to see another fastfood joint accepting bitcoin !
It is not new though, some of subway outlet started accepting it way back in 2013 !
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
This is a great and big adoptive move from Burger King's side, although this isn't the biggest branch but I guess this shows the popularity of bitcoin in Russia even making it a popular demand and in the same time shows the positive view the government of Russia is having to bitcoin right now.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/burger-king-to-accept-bitcoin-in-russia-this-summer

So yeah, hopefully McDonald, Dominos pizza, and many others will follow after this. I thought that this kind of decisions are taken by the creators of the franchise but It looks like It's not since It's starting on Russia.

It really does seem like that Burger King wants to stay ahead in this more and more cashless society. I applaud the executives(at least in Russia because as you stated, there semes to be no one in america or any other country doing this) of Burger King, they have definitely taken a right step.

I really wish that McDonalds and Dominos, even KFC can follow in Burger King's footsteps. Any merchant that accepts bitcoin is a good thing - let alone transnational corps that have millions of followers worldwide.

Though I wonder how they will address the transaction fee and confirmation issue. By using Bitpay as a payment gateway?
Activity: 1
Acceptance of bitcoin in local food chain market is a big leap. Maybe fees and  conversation will be exaggerating but it will cool down and stabilized later on once many demands and usability from consumers...

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

This news from Russia and the other news from Poland just yesterday - it's just another step further to Bitcoin mass adoption and more people reading and learning the power of the blockchain. This is awesome.

They are popping like mushroom and for sure we'll see another restaurant coming from South Korea. From the past month there is an airline in Japan that started to adopt bitcoin. And I don't know what's going to be the next establishment or company that will adopt bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Most of these merchants or retailers have very good CCTV systems that can be used to link the identity of the user with the Bitcoin wallet that are used.

Is this good for Bitcoin?  ^hmmmmm^

The point is that you should use a different address each time you settle one or more purchases. Say, if you transfer an x amount of coins from a mixer, exchange, etc, to that throw away address, and after a few purchases you burned through your balance, you simply delete that address. Isn't that difficult, right? No one with a decent functioning brain will use an address in such circumstances all the time.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
Interesting to see how this works with the current fees and delay or perhaps they are scheduling it for the summer so it happens after the segwit business.  I hope it works out well and Burger King roll it out worldwide.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG

This news from Russia and the other news from Poland just yesterday - it's just another step further to Bitcoin mass adoption and more people reading and learning the power of the blockchain. This is awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I have to say I have trouble believing into this. After all, this is Russia, they re still very hostile about BTC. Also, with current transaction fees issues, mempool overloads I do not see this happening.
Pages:
Jump to: