Pages:
Author

Topic: RX580 vs 1070 - same performance / big price difference - page 2. (Read 494 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 4
I'm going to mine mainly ETH but i'm also developer testing & coding software for mining and i use my farm in these tests.
I noticed a huge difference in price between rx580 and 1070 and this is why i started this thread.
319$ and 499$ is big difference for such close performance.
Any concrete advantage of 1070 over rx580 ?
Thanks

1070 easier to setup and maintain.  No bios flashes and no driver patches like the 580.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I'm going to mine mainly ETH but i'm also developer testing & coding software for mining and i use my farm in these tests.
I noticed a huge difference in price between rx580 and 1070 and this is why i started this thread.
319$ and 499$ is big difference for such close performance.
Any concrete advantage of 1070 over rx580 ?
Thanks
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
Depends on the coins your going to mine.  The pricing is off in this article now, but it gives a good overview of cards and coins: https://www.coinsuggest.com/best-graphics-cards-mining/

The other thing nobody mentions is what a pain AMD cards can be when setting up for maximum hash rate.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
You shouldn't mine ETH with 1070 or better. Those graphics cards have a very powerful GPU that is wasted while mining ETH, so just use it to mine something else more profitable and exchange it to ETH if you have a woodie for this coin.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
Hi folks,
I'd like to ask experienced miners what do you think is better deal nowaday to buy RX580 at 319$ or 1070 at 499$ ? From my experience they have the same hash-rate performance on mining ETH but the price difference is 40% more for 1070. I understand nvidia consume less energy but energy difference is not significant if we comparing price ratio. Considering investing 20.000$ would you go for 580 or 1070 ?
Any though ?
I would go for both.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Hi folks,
I'd like to ask experienced miners what do you think is better deal nowaday to buy RX580 at 319$ or 1070 at 499$ ? From my experience they have the same hash-rate performance on mining ETH but the price difference is 40% more for 1070. I understand nvidia consume less energy but energy difference is not significant if we comparing price ratio. Considering investing 20.000$ would you go for 580 or 1070 ?
Any though ?
Pages:
Jump to: