Pages:
Author

Topic: S3+ (BM1382) Overclocking with voltage setting - page 3. (Read 28757 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
hello
my question what the correct syntax the voltage settings

0.75 v = 0750 ?  on s3+ web interface ?

and what the default voltage 0.72 ?

sorry my lame question ?

thanx
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
not sure if this implicates anything but just wanted to throw it out there The c1 uses a stock setting of 250mhz @ 0760 voltage setting

Does that tell us anything in relation to the S3 and S3+'s?

This is the default bitmain setting for the C1

just some food for thought  Huh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
Here I was thinking this doesn't work when I thought I'd try it on my other S3+. Setting to 262.5 (because I don't dare go higher without extra pcie cables) I am getting 540Gh/s out of it @ 40 Celsius and 0.0062% error rate. My other S3 can only muster 460Gh/s at 231.25Mhz any higher and the has rate drops and I get an x on one of the asics
Here's the 10/24 firmware if anyone needs it:

http://1drv.ms/1x7E6ZA
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
So what version of cgminer is this 10/24 firmware using?
Good you've got back up and running to your heart's content!
I am not sure what version of cgminer ships with that firmaware, however, you can get it by logging into the rig via SSH and entering the command:
Code:
cgminer-api
That will show you the version you are running.
ahh much better Smiley

So while still using the new firmware heres what i did
entered default frequency setting
set voltage to 0720
save & Apply
Reboot via PSU switch
Logged back in restored that 10/24 firmware from that link
Unchecked keep settings.

Logged back in setup DHCP reset frequency to 250mhz left voltage alone
And what do you know right back to 505GHs with 0 HW errors Smiley

damn their new firmware I dont think i will be upgrading that again.

So what version of cgminer is this 10/24 firmware using?
I dont see anythinig in regards to that, do i need to putty in ? and if so what do i change the voltages to?
Can i change them via the new firmware configuration panel (instead of putty) then PSU reboot it then apply the older firmware?
What is the best firmware? everyone says october but no one gives a filename Smiley

When it failed with that error i put the new firmware back on , but my issue is degredation is hashrate and high HW with this new firmware.. ugh
The best (in my opinion, use at your own risk!) October firmware was removed from the bitmain site, but it is the one with the error on the configuration page. The OP has instructions on how to fix the error, however, if you've already reverted then that may be moot.
There's also a link in this thread that I posted where a user shared a link to the above mentioned firmware, but like the fix to its error (in the OP), all you need to do is read the thread, it is not that long!
I dont see anythinig in regards to that, do i need to putty in ? and if so what do i change the voltages to?
Can i change them via the new firmware configuration panel (instead of putty) then PSU reboot it then apply the older firmware?
What is the best firmware? everyone says october but no one gives a filename Smiley

When it failed with that error i put the new firmware back on , but my issue is degredation is hashrate and high HW with this new firmware.. ugh
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: http://192.168.1.99/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=2ea100503df2fb12cd124476c867299a/admin/status/miner/ Line Number 348, Column 34:   Modify voltage and Save&Apply, then need to Power off and Restart -------------------------------------------------------------^
Read the opening post on how to fix that error.
okay so i tried going back to a earlier firmware antMiner_S320141013.bin and i get this when i try to enter the miner configuration or status page Ugh... looks like i am stuck with this new crappy HW error firmware
it tells me to modify voltage but then wont let me into the configuration page

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: http://192.168.1.99/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=2ea100503df2fb12cd124476c867299a/admin/status/miner/ Line Number 348, Column 34:   Modify voltage and Save&Apply, then need to Power off and Restart -------------------------------------------------------------^
the new firmware sucks Sad antMiner_S320150109.bin is causing crazy HW errors now I am getting 50+ HW in 1 hr and the past i was getting like 8 for 24hrs+ This stuff is garbage.
what is the filename of the 10/24/2014 firmware I see alot of references to it but no one names the filename and it is not sorted by date on the antminer site.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Have you tried your mods on the new firmware peka?

Hi all,

I'm new to this board and enjoyed being readonly here for some time.

Owning a S3+ that suffered degradation to 50KH/s I did an upgrade to latest Firmware.

Currently the rig is doing well: at 0,75V and 250MHz:
  • Running for 21h now
  • Average Performance of 500.80 GHz/s
  • 806 HW Errors (0.0097% of Diff1#)
  • Temperature 41°/42°C
  • no performance degradation yet

Kind Regards
Chris
Pekatete,
Thanks for this thread.  It tried it on 2 S1's upgraded to S3 with Bitmain's kits and 1 S3.  They all seem to start mining significantly faster after any clock change with the voltage setting of 0750 than with the original (blank) setting.  It also seems to make them more tolerant to higher clock rates.  My S3 did not 'like' clock rates higher than 225 MHz.  It is now stable at 231.25 MHz.  I did not get a chance to make a comparison of power consumption.
I went back to the Oct 2014 f/w on all of these antminers.

Cheers
You are welcome.
The voltage setting seems to work brilliantly with the S1 to S3 rigs and S3+ rigs but not very well with S3 rigs ... must be something to do with the regulators they used. As for firmware, I agree too that the best to use for setting voltage, in my experience, is the Oct 2014 firmware.
Happy mining!
Activity: 616
Pekatete,
Thanks for this thread.  It tried it on 2 S1's upgraded to S3 with Bitmain's kits and 1 S3.  They all seem to start mining significantly faster after any clock change with the voltage setting of 0750 than with the original (blank) setting.  It also seems to make them more tolerant to higher clock rates.  My S3 did not 'like' clock rates higher than 225 MHz.  It is now stable at 231.25 MHz.  I did not get a chance to make a comparison of power consumption.
I went back to the Oct 2014 f/w on all of these antminers.

Cheers
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Have you tried your mods on the new firmware peka?
Nice info, going to try this out and report back
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
Well after a day of messing around with the miners.  I didn't want to be in the real world, so I decided to do some tinkering. 

I have:

2 S3 and 2 S3+

S3.1

Went back and forth, could not find the sweet spot to save my life.  I tried 262 and 275, couldn’t get above 500G.  I have a copy of the 12/16 firmware so i went back to it.  At 250, I consisiently just under 500G(490ish).  I’m just going to leave it there for now

S3.2

Same as the 3.1, but holding a consistent 505G at 250.  Can’t seem to get anything better, at higher settings.

S3.3+

Now this puppy here is a Beast.  At 275 it is knocking 553G and climbing.  The 5s is constantly at 570ish.  A true BEAST.

S3.4

I couldn’t get it to be happy at 275, so I was able to get it happy at 262.  I’m average high 520s on this one. 

When I get some more time I might do some tinkering with the others. 
Thanks again pekatete !!! How hard are you pushing your S3? I have a server room that I can use with A/C! With two power supplies for each miner AX860 ATX Power Supply — 860 Watt.
Best I'm doing (not in a server room, but in my garden ... in winter) is freq 282.25 voltage 0825 getting approx 560GH/s and a low HW% running off a single 550W server PSU on a 220v-240v input. Not all my rigs will run that freq, but most will run @ 262.5 (and they all run off 550W server PSU's).

Do you use all 4 PCI-e connections?
Nope, just 2 on each rig.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
Thanks again pekatete !!! How hard are you pushing your S3? I have a server room that I can use with A/C! With two power supplies for each miner AX860 ATX Power Supply — 860 Watt.
Best I'm doing (not in a server room, but in my garden ... in winter) is freq 282.25 voltage 0825 getting approx 560GH/s and a low HW% running off a single 550W server PSU on a 220v-240v input. Not all my rigs will run that freq, but most will run @ 262.5 (and they all run off 550W server PSU's).

Do you use all 4 PCI-e connections?
Pages:
Jump to: