Pages:
Author

Topic: Sanctions against Russia spark AK-47 buying frenzy in US - Sanctions be good - page 2. (Read 1744 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Tha Chickenator
Sanctions aren't good. I track the RUSL 3x ETF fund, and its dropped 25% since Obama did his thing.

This ETF is a "basket" of stocks, leveraged 3 times forward, representing the major Russian business ventures.

Obama made billions disappear into the aether. He's like that dude from DUNE who speaks a word and KILLS.

With oil and nat gas prices going lower, which is Russia's major export, expect some turbulence.

This mess isn't good for Russia.

They are up against an opponent who has historical and political grievances.

On top of it all, Ukraine doesn't have a pot to piss in, which gives them nothing to lose.

And to complicate matters, the Russian speaking oblast in Donetsk has a claim, IMHO, to self determination.

All the killing should stop and folks should talk. Truce already, goddamnit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Sanctions against Russia spark AK-47 buying frenzy in US
http://rt.com/usa/175652-kalashnikov-sanction-gun-sales/

Russian-made firearms are reportedly flying off the shelves of American gun stores after the United States Treasury Department announced sanctions last week against the maker of the popular AK-47 rifle.

And Russian stocks are up after the European sanctions.

Sanctions be good.  Grin

Pardon me but fuck you.

You have no idea what you are writing about.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Is AK-47 intellectually protected?

Who is gaining the most? Russian IP or American weapon manufacturer?

Considering amount of weapons influenced by the design I don't think there are any royalties involved. AK-47 is iconic, but there are lot of superior versions of it around, so this feels quite stupid.
Activity: 574
i agree they are out of control, and it's sometimes hard to figure out how bad the US is compared to russians.

At the least Russians are honest, they want to take over someone they do it. They don't play proxy influence wars. Or murder people on other side of the world...
That is exactly what they are doing. They are supplying money, training, and weapons to the seperasts. They are not admitting to doing this, but it is well known that they are.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Is AK-47 intellectually protected?

Who is gaining the most? Russian IP or American weapon manufacturer?
Activity: 728
i agree they are out of control, and it's sometimes hard to figure out how bad the US is compared to russians.

At the least Russians are honest, they want to take over someone they do it. They don't play proxy influence wars. Or murder people on other side of the world...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
We like our guns over here. Wink And, that's coming from someone that doesn't consider himself part of the polishing community (Molon Labe types).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 444
Merit: 260
Like it or not Russia and China is what keeps the U.S and Europe in check, if it weren't for them they'd just roll over the planet and turn it into the New World Order the nutters like to rant about on the internet. I don't claim the Chinese or Russians are the good guys in the slightest but they make the western powers think twice.

Spot on! where would Snowden be if not for Russia, Wake Up! The US and EU are out of controll
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Like it or not Russia and China is what keeps the U.S and Europe in check, if it weren't for them they'd just roll over the planet and turn it into the New World Order the nutters like to rant about on the internet. I don't claim the Chinese or Russians are the good guys in the slightest but they make the western powers think twice.

Russian-made firearms are reportedly flying off the shelves of American gun stores after the United States Treasury Department announced sanctions last week against the maker of the popular AK-47 rifle.

Sanctions be good.  Grin
I would disagree. Russia is posing a serious threat to Europe and the US.

Yes a serious threat to their plans of world domination
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

Sanctions be good.  Grin
I would disagree. Russia is posing a serious threat to Europe and the US.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Just read a blog that expands the "sanctions be good" line of thought. Smiley

What happens when Latvia sanctions the most popular Russian singers...

http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/war-on-all-fronts-mcdonalds-may-be-booted-out-of-russia-latvia-bans-russian-superstars-why-did-yatsenyuk-resign/
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

Sanctions be good.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: