Pages:
Author

Topic: sardasa account hacked yesterday - page 4. (Read 1514 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
May 24, 2019, 05:39:44 AM
Yesterday my account was hacked @ 3:38 PM GMT.
Hacker managed to change my account's e-mail id & then the password.
I noticed it at 3:45 PM GMT & got my account locked using the link the forum sent me on my e-mail id along with e-mail change notification.
That gives the hacker a 7 minute window in which he could have used your account to PM users trying to scam them. I don't think it's very likely, but if you sign a message from an address posted anywhere, I'll tag the account just to be sure.
I checked it. My account was last active till 3:40 PM GMT. Don't think he did anything with the account.
That's the address which I had staked last time: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19862993
It belongs to my Lykke Exchange account. I have access to it. Can send screenshots and other proofs but won't be able to sign a message from it as it's exchange address.

How shall we go ahead now?

Sorry to see that your account got hacked. As per Theymos's instructions, you can use any address (even which is not staked) whose private key you own:

Signatures

Often, you need to prove ownership of the account with a PGP or Bitcoin signature. This has two steps:

1. You need to show that the PGP key or Bitcoin address is associated with the account, for example by referencing an unedited post in which you posted the address.
 2. You need to sign an appropriate message with that key/address.

You have so many addresses mentioned in your earlier posts that are unedited like

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13099505

And addresses from which you paid users for sign-ups and so on.

Choosing accounts from coinbase or any exchange won't be of any use as you don't own the private keys of those addresses.
Mostly I used coinbase during initial days & shifted to Lykke. Now, my Coinbase account is locked, so can't sign any message from it and Lykke address was again exchange one and can't sign from that address.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
May 24, 2019, 05:22:38 AM
I noticed it at 3:45 PM GMT & got my account locked using the link the forum sent me on my e-mail id along with e-mail change notification.
That gives the hacker a 7 minute window in which he could have used your account to PM users trying to scam them. I don't think it's very likely, but if you sign a message from an address posted anywhere, I'll tag the account just to be sure.
I checked it. My account was last active till 3:40 PM GMT. Don't think he did anything with the account.
That's the address which I had staked last time: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19862993
It belongs to my Lykke Exchange account. I have access to it. Can send screenshots and other proofs but won't be able to sign a message from it as it's exchange address.

Sorry to see that your account got hacked. As per Theymos's instructions, you can use any address (even which is not staked) whose private key you own:

Signatures

Often, you need to prove ownership of the account with a PGP or Bitcoin signature. This has two steps:

1. You need to show that the PGP key or Bitcoin address is associated with the account, for example by referencing an unedited post in which you posted the address.
 2. You need to sign an appropriate message with that key/address.

You have so many addresses mentioned in your earlier posts that are unedited like

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13099505

And addresses from which you paid users for sign-ups and so on.

Choosing accounts from coinbase or any exchange won't be of any use as you don't own the private keys of those addresses.
copper member
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1814
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
May 24, 2019, 04:59:41 AM
That's what I have already done. My question was can something more be done to speeden up the process?
It takes time mate, They can't unlock or recover the account so quickly without doing thorough investigations and review. Now that you have no staked bitcoin address, all you have to do is wait. AFAIK, It usually takes a week for the recovery process to be complete.

Back in the day, hacked accounts could even take 6-12 months to be recovered, so I think currently, the speed has massively improved
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
May 24, 2019, 04:42:17 AM
You could PM someone from Cryptios, but I'm not sure if that's going to be appreciated.
May 24, 2019, 04:39:43 AM
I won't tag an account without solid evidence, so just use bL4nkcode's link to reclaim access.

I have dropped e-mail to account recoveries e-mail id but have not heard anything back from them.

Can someone please tell me is there any other alternative to reach out to person responsible of unlocking my account?

Thanks,
sardasa

That's what I have already done. My question was can something more be done to speeden up the process?
legendary
May 24, 2019, 04:35:15 AM
I won't tag an account without solid evidence, so just use bL4nkcode's link to reclaim access.
May 24, 2019, 04:08:32 AM

legendary
May 24, 2019, 03:44:52 AM
copper member
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1814
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
May 24, 2019, 02:53:45 AM
Make sure you send the account's recovery team a message from the account's original email address as you follow the procedure. Account recovery could even get completed after seven days once the process has started.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
May 24, 2019, 02:50:08 AM
Just follow the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/recovering-hackedlost-accounts-5089777

Much better if you have signed message from previously used btc address before the hack happens.
May 24, 2019, 02:46:39 AM
Hi All,

In that e-mail itself they've mentioned the IP address of the hacker & the new e-mail id he created to hack my forum account.
I have dropped e-mail to account recoveries e-mail id but have not heard anything back from them.

Can someone please tell me is there any other alternative to reach out to person responsible of unlocking my account?

Thanks,
sardasa
Pages:
Jump to: