Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi controlling 500'000 BTC - page 5. (Read 2233 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 11, 2017, 06:01:42 PM
These days i am really thinking satoshi is a group of americans.because they rule everything why they can't this sector if isn't they bought a large part on cyrpto market already.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
October 11, 2017, 05:55:59 PM
I have been reading through various articles throughout the years, claiming that Satoshi is supposedly sitting on 1 million BTC, but there is no way to know for sure. Either way, I don't care about these coins, and neither should any Bitcoiner do so. As long as these coins remain untouched, and there is no reason to think otherwise, there is zero reason for anyone to get worried. Instead, people should worry about malicious entities such as Jihan, Ver and Mark Karpeles sitting on a huge mountain of coins. Especially the two afore mentioned entities are the poison that people here shoud worry about.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
October 11, 2017, 05:36:46 PM
There is no evidence for your claim. I personally don't think it's true. But if you are right it's not a good news for bitcoin holders.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 11, 2017, 05:31:58 PM
Well i dont even think that he really exists, i think that this all thing is just a conspiration, there is nothing physical or digital to check that he really exists, or to check if he/she/it is holding that big amount of bitcoins, it is pretty impossible. and of course, he would not sell now, because maybe the price is so cheap for him right now.
but i dont know, it is so weird, and it will not happen.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
October 11, 2017, 05:29:50 PM
I believe Satoshi to be alive and well, but I heard he now spends his days combing through landfills looking for a certain lost hard drive he once possessed. Smiley

I might be kidding about Satoshi, but there was this guy who did just that: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/27/hard-drive-bitcoin-landfill-site

He lost 7,500 Bitcoins, which today would be worth close to $375,000,000 ($375 million).
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
October 11, 2017, 05:27:55 PM
Why everybody here dont know if Satoshi live or dead?It was on some news that he died or?I support Satoshi if he own a lot of bitcoins because with that way he can win battles with banks and also he is creating money revolution.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
October 11, 2017, 05:25:25 PM
Hi guys,

what do you think about Satoshi controlling 1/20th of all Bitcoins?

I don't care if Satoshi is a real person or not, but if it's true, I think it's a problem if a group o people can controlling so much money.

Take care
F

There is no point for him in selling these as the price would immediately plummet to zero!
Activity: 258
Merit: 114
October 11, 2017, 05:24:17 PM
I dont think that satoshi is a single guy or a group of people.In my opinion bitcoin was founded by a global power(like rotshchild) and satoshi is the guy who is shown as responsible.As i think like this it is very possible that the power who founded bitcoin carries huge amuont of bitcoin
Activity: 206
October 11, 2017, 05:22:58 PM
I am absolutely sure Satoshi owns a very big amount of bitcoin because in the pre sale of bitcoin a fixed number of bitcoins was pre-mined and I dont think all of them were sold wich leads to the point that the remaining amount of bitcoins are in the possession of Satoshi. Also, being the creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi knows all the secrets of it and I am sure he can somehow hack the system.
Bitcoin didn't have a "pre sale".
The Bitcoin protocol was published before the first bitcoin was generated, and the Bitcoin software was made public at around the same time the genesis block was generated.
Bitcoin was not pre-mined. It simply started with the genesis block and various people mined subsequent blocks. It wasn't until a year or so later when bitcoins were sold for fiat money.
There are no Bitcoin secrets. The software and protocol was always public, and it has been analyzed to pieces. At this point Satoshi doesn't know anything more about Bitcoin than anyone else, except for its early history and the identity of its creator.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
October 11, 2017, 05:20:41 PM

I think satoshi behind bitcoin is already dead so I think all those bitcoin were not accessible which is actually a good news (lower supply).

Why you think that Satoshi is dead??? You heard about it or why you saying such terrible things?
I think Satoshi is main developer of litecoin Smiley So he is alive!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
October 11, 2017, 05:08:38 PM
We don't even know if Satoshi is still alive or if he even has control over those Bitcoins, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I personally think it's very likely that he isn't alive anymore, seems plausible that Hall Finney was Satoshi and used his neighbors name (Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto).
Activity: 139
October 11, 2017, 05:07:35 PM
Hi guys,

I don't care if Satoshi is a real person or not, but if it's true, I think it's a problem if a group o people can controlling so much money.

Take care
F

I think that amount of BTC is left there in that addres son purpose to see if people can hack it somehow.

though it is currently impossible for something to do that. Even if all the mienrs in the world put their hash power into guessing Saothi's private key + passphrase they could not guess it in hundreds of years.

I don't think this is real. They can't control that much money. It's almost 2 billion dollars. Doesn't sound realistic when we think about the current market situations.

If satoshi is real, it should be a group of developers.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
October 11, 2017, 04:58:21 PM
While yes, he does have this amount of coins. There is little to no chance that he still has control over the keys associated with the coins. Because at this point if he did, I think he'd be trying to sell these coins VERY slowly so people weren't able to notice.

So I don't have an issue with it, only under the assumption that these coins are practically lost anyway.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
October 11, 2017, 04:38:30 PM
it is just his  reward to himself having this successful of bitcoin! why cant we give half million if he just gave the 20.5 million other bitcoins ? he didint sell iit by the way! why people look at the dot when the 99% of the paper are white!
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
October 11, 2017, 04:32:02 PM
i think yes.he is the father of bitcoin so its simple to hold some bitcoin by him
bt i m not worry abt his holding.bcz bitcoin is just start.its bitcoin era
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
October 11, 2017, 04:24:24 PM
that is why a lot of people still hesitating to get involved into it,
even though most of them view it as a hidden gold,they keep hesitating because of satoshi and other people who is own more than an 'average' people.
other than that Bitcoin price can be manipulated by peoples or organizations.
it is a problem ?
yes it is,but what can we do ? just let the time tell us what will happen in the future.
everybody should know what is the consequences behind it,that is why many people will say this to you :
You can double your money in the next morning,but you can lose all of it in the next morning too
and this :
Play everything that you can afford to lose
Activity: 216
October 11, 2017, 04:23:25 PM

Yes, it's probably a problem, and maybe there are several such big players. But it is still possible that you are looking at it from the outside, without investing in crypto-currencies, but already having your own frightened opinion. Be careful in your endeavors and conclusions. Better participate in the bounty and do not worry for your money. Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 11, 2017, 04:19:31 PM
Hi guys,

Take care
F

I think that amount of BTC is left there in that addres son purpose to see if people can hack it somehow.

though it is currently impossible for something to do that. Even if all the mienrs in the world put their hash power into guessing Saothi's private key + passphrase they could not guess it in hundreds of years.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
October 11, 2017, 04:10:25 PM
It's a rumor that around 1 million bitcoins are owned by Satoshi - it might not be entirely true, maybe those early coins are spread between a few early miners or maybe even Satoshi himself can be a group of people. And Satoshi totally deserve those money - he started the crypto revolution, and in my mind great people deserve great reward. To try and take Satoshi's money from him would be a blatant thievery and against everything that Bitcoin stands for. And I think that if one day Satoshi will use his coins, he will use if for something good - maybe he will use it to fund some new decentralized project, or start donating it to someone in need.
Activity: 210
October 11, 2017, 03:02:16 PM
I am absolutely sure Satoshi owns a very big amount of bitcoin because in the pre sale of bitcoin a fixed number of bitcoins was pre-mined and I dont think all of them were sold wich leads to the point that the remaining amount of bitcoins are in the possession of Satoshi. Also, being the creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi knows all the secrets of it and I am sure he can somehow hack the system.
Pages:
Jump to: