Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto holds 980,000 Bitcoins.. does anyone know their addresses? - page 8. (Read 14869 times)

legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
... Then there is his/her main address, which has the $900+k you mentioned. ...

There is no such "main" address. All the bitcoins thought to be owned by satoshi are still held by the addresses in the coinbase transactions of the blocks that he mined. That means that there are 10 - 20 thousand addresses thought to be controlled by satoshi.

The addresses in question are known (that's where the estimates comes from) and I suppose there are people watching them.
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
Yes.

There are multiple addresses associated with Satoshi.

The first would be the address to which the first block award, called the "genesis block", was sent to: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Then there is his/her main address, which has the $900+k you mentioned. I don't know the address for that on and a quick Google search didn't help, but if you download Bitcoin Core you can scroll to the beginning of time in Bitcoin world and find the wallet addresses used for the very first transactions...one of those is owned by Satoshi.

Finally, Satoshi created this forum and has an account here...he/she may have an bitcoin address posted on their profile, check for yourself: Satoshi's Profile

Thanks for the idea. I am new to this so not very technical yet. Has anyone done this research before to see if they have been active exchanging? They certainly haven't been active on this forum since 2010.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
Yes.

There are multiple addresses associated with Satoshi.

The first would be the address to which the first block award, called the "genesis block", was sent to: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Then there is his/her main address, which has the $900+k you mentioned. I don't know the address for that on and a quick Google search didn't help, but if you download Bitcoin Core you can scroll to the beginning of time in Bitcoin world and find the wallet addresses used for the very first transactions...one of those is owned by Satoshi.

Finally, Satoshi created this forum and has an account here...he/she may have an bitcoin address posted on their profile, check for yourself: Satoshi's Profile
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
Satoshi Nakamoto holds 980,000 Bitcoins.. does anyone know their addresses so we know if he/she/they are active in the market? I would guess Bitcoin is their baby and they wouldn't do anything to manipulate the prices and hurt Bitcoin. But would they be taking corrective measures to fight off some of the other whales?

Its kinda weird question but interesting to me if Satoshi Nakamoto is still "alive" and watching.
Pages:
Jump to: