Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto should be richer than Bill Gates. - page 9. (Read 7445 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
Bitcoin is unique so I'm sure someone who created bitcoin must have their own reason to hide their identity.
Since bitcoin unique, it's impossible to happen that bitcoin creator will richer than Gate's especially when bitcoin keep reach another halving for next period
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
We all know Bill Gates the owner of microsoft is the most richest man in the world. Total wealth of $80 Billion US dollars. While satoshi nakamoto the owner and founder of bitcoin only have $1 billion US dollars, Why he cant just generate indefinite amount of bitcoins for him and exchange it to real cash, right? Any thoughts?

your first mistake is calling Satoshi as "owner" of bitcoin. nobody owns bitcoin, it is an open source technology that doesn't belong to anyone.

your second mistake is comparing bitcoin (a currency and a revolutionary technology) with Microsoft (a financial place made to make money). the first is a free technology made to improve our lives and be used as a decentralized currency not to make anybody rich. but the second is build to make the owner money.

i suggest reading the bitcoin paper on bitcoin.org to you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
I believe that bill gates is the richest with the formalities and rules of the state, but when talking nakamato satoshi, perhaps he is also the richest man in anounymous, most likely also nakamato satoshi is merely a fictional character from bitcoin ownership. still can not be accounted for in the world cryptocurency gray grounded in law.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
It's obvious that satoshi nakamoto should have more wealth than bill gates. What the hell has bill gates done for humanity other than steal the ideas of xerox and pretty much monopolize a market with it? ridiculous.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
If you look at the total number of Bitcoin user versus the total number of people who use or have used Microsoft products, then you would know why it's a silly idea to think that Satoshi should be richer than Bill Gates.
Then add the fact that Bitcoin is open source and Satoshi has completely disappeared, it's obvious why the comparison doesn't even make sense.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Is only, tax problems are very serious
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
I dont think Satohi Nakamoto is richer than Bill gates. Unless the price of bitcoin is very big like $50,000-$200,000 per bitcoin and if he sell all their bitcoin with that price it will be number 1 rich man in world . Bill gates have many online business and offline business so his income is continously increasing and this man will become richer and richer every single day. I dont know what is the estimate money of bill gates but I think it is billion of dollars.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
We all know Bill Gates the owner of microsoft is the most richest man in the world. Total wealth of $80 Billion US dollars. While satoshi nakamoto the owner and founder of bitcoin only have $1 billion US dollars, Why he cant just generate indefinite amount of bitcoins for him and exchange it to real cash, right? Any thoughts?

Your thoughts will destroy bitcoin and its foundation. What makes bitcoin a good store of value is that it have a limit in a total of bitcoins that can be generated. And I think Satoshi does not need that distinction, richest man on earth. He is still anonymous up to this date even though his invention is already making its way to the moon.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Why he cant just generate indefinite amount of bitcoins for him and exchange it to real cash, right? Any thoughts?
Could you please elobrate what you're talking exactly. Did you mean Satoshi to have more number of bitcoins for himself and then selling them for real cash to become rich man ? If it is so, I'm sorry I come to a conclusion that you do not know how bitcoin ecosystem is working.

I'm sure one day or other, Mr. Satoshi will become richest man of this world when bitcoin values will be hitting more than million dollars. I believe this is the only way for Mr. Satoshi to become richer than Bill Gates.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Generation of bitcoin doesn't mean you will get very rich. Bitcoin is virtual thing and it is solely based on market status. If you create lots of BTC then you will end up with "steady state", meaning everyone will have bigger nodes and what if they do not release the node? It will result in decrease in price of bitcoin as it is maintaining sink conditions on price graph. Though nakomoto makes it, but it has to be released and circulated in proper manner and of course blocks. Predictions of such thought are really chaotic.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Bill gates is very rich and if we compute his wealth it is considered as a fix asset while Nakamotos bitcoins virtual assets is not fixed. Satoshi Nakamoto cannot do that thing since he already made his design in bitcoin in which everything will be mined. I believe he already holds a huge amount of bitcoin in his wallet. But even if he has a a huge amount of bitcoins he cannot catch up to Nakamoto since if he sells a huge amount of bitcoin the value of bitcoins will deflate.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
The price of Bitcoin wouldn't stay the same if Satoshi created loads of Bitcoin, and he doesn't have the power to do that anyway - no one really does.  Satoshi is pretty damn rich, most likely a billionaire right now, and obviously his wealth will only be based on the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
I've heard satoshi hold around 1k btc in his wallet. But satoshi has doing a lot of the research before try to do anything. Looks like bill gates will always be the rich person rather than satoshi nakamoto.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Satoshi nakamoto will be richer than bill gates if the price of bitcoin will reach at least $100,000 and then if he sells all his bitcoin and then he will be richer than bill gates, Based on my estimation. But to be honest, it is impossible to get richer than bill gates because bill gates earn money every second without doing nothing and that is the key why he is so far from other rich people.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
If bitcoin gets to the price of $100k for 1btc then Satoshi would be holding about $100bn worth of bitcoin, if and only if he has up to 1 million btc with him

His only probles is what exchange will he used to convert btc to fiat. I think if that happened, A great dump will occur and BTC will start to fall. And it is impossible also to convert that amountto fiat because if you transfer that huge amount of money to your bank account, You will be easily caught by the government and they will file you a case for tax evasion.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
It Can Only Get Better
If bitcoin gets to the price of $100k for 1btc then Satoshi would be holding about $100bn worth of bitcoin, if and only if he has up to 1 million btc with him
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
First understand the basics and concept of bitcoin, then learn one thing or two about cryptography or simply google it for the sake of our bellies not to explode from laughter Cheesy and don't worry soon enough they'll change the system and either force Satoshi to move his coins to a new address version or risks them to be stolen if he was alive at all. and how would you know if he really has 1M and not a few more millions? couldn't he keep mining and even build ASIC farm to continue mining even until now? I'd say he has at least 4M up to 8M bitcoins.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
Well, we don't know that. Maybe Satoshi has more money then Bill Gates but since he doesn't want to reveal his identity and other facts we can't know that. Even if he's not the richest man on Earth I beleive that he owes very big fortune that he enjoys somwhere in the anonimity and that is good for him.
it makes sense. we know nothing, so we find it difficult to determine who between them is richer. however, I think satoshi wants to share bitcoin to other people around the qorld, so he doesn't convert his coins to fiat, or probably he has another plan.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Satoshi nakamoto is still anonymous and we even don't know of its a single person or a group or community. The amount of bitcoin that can be generated is limited so he can't make as many as he wants. If he do this the price will not be same as now. Everyone in this world don't want publicity or fame. Maybe he is more rich than bill gates living the most luxurious life we don't even know.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
Satoshi could even be Bill Gates for all we know as his identity is unknown, or Satoshi could be a test of some next level AI imagine that.
Pages:
Jump to: