Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi Roundtable Thoughts - Gavin Andresen - page 4. (Read 3608 times)

legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
Thanks for pointing out you have no logical argument whatsoever.
 Grin Grin Grin

This is basically the level of the Gavin fanboys - they can't reason so they finally resort to stupid stuff (and next will be personal insults).

You are the one accusing everyone who doesn't agree with you of either being a shill or paid account, LOL
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
thanks, i think?

(yup - you never had an ad sig before)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
the endless bickering is a gr8 for lolz.

Before you bought this account it used to have more interesting things to say.

LMAO!

thanks, i think?
legendary

And before you bought this account it used to have more interesting things to say.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
things in bitcoin are not very optimistic at the moment, i would hate to be a new comer to the scene, it must seem like bitcoin is doomed.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
 Grin Grin Grin

Aha - and that was such a logical retort. Roll Eyes

This is basically the level of the Gavin fanboys - they can't reason so they finally resort to stupid stuff (and next will be personal insults).
legendary
So I take it some 40-50% of the bitcoin community are Gavin fanboys, eh? Yeah, real mature argument there buddy.

CIYAM, just curious, how much have you personally donated to the DDoS attacks on Classic nodes?

Seems I have hit a raw nerve on you fanboy.

Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin

edit: I don't have an opinion about antpool either way, but I don't like how blockstream came out of nowhere and took over BTC development to force their "solutions" onto all of us. It is an incredibly dishonest way to make money.

legendary
So I take it some 40-50% of the bitcoin community are Gavin fanboys, eh? Yeah, real mature argument there buddy.

CIYAM, just curious, how much have you personally donated to the DDoS attacks on Classic nodes?

Seems I have hit a raw nerve on you fanboy.

Cheesy

Now will you care to answer about AntPool?
legendary

legendary
@CIYAM, do yourself a favor and click that nice little link below franky1's username that says 'Ignore'. You won't regret it!

It's okay - I find him amusing from time to time (and when I find him not amusing then I am able to ignore him without needing to click the button).

So again - the other shills are not able to dispute the fact that the only pool that supports Gavin's takeover (which they have now also shown is clearly what they are supporting) is the one that creates the most empty blocks.

With friends like that - who needs enemies?

(btw - thanks @chopstick for pointing out to us that you are a Gavin fanboy - what say you about AntPool?)
legendary
Relevant to the discussion.

legendary
Honestly after reading few articles of those published by some of the attendees, from the looks of it, were heading to more centralized path if it continues this way and since 95% of miners votes are needed for this to go through (hope I understood it correctly) then it's going to complicate a bit since that's too high. I'm starting to worry though a bit since there seem to be no consensus on the matter (til now) since it looks like two groups that one looking for centralized system with more fee's and the other is after decentralized with less fee.

Core= aiming for several layers on top of a decentralized base to scale safe and properly and offer millions of users the possibilty of micropayments which will be incredible cheap and fast via LN and other implementations.Having the incredible huge majority of best skilled developers knowing and improving the network.

classic= 2 devs and a bunch of power greedy individuals and scammers who think just increasing blocksize again and again and again is the cure for everything.

Exactly! How foolish these people mindlessly supporting Classic are... They seem far too foolish to be true....

@CIYAM, do yourself a favor and click that nice little link below franky1's username that says 'Ignore'. You won't regret it!

How foolish these people mindlessly supporting Core are... They seem far too foolish to be true...

/facepalm

Blockstream seized power and are now artificially reducing blocksize to eventually force everyone onto their sidechains, Liquid/LN for their profit, and *we're* the mindless ones? Man, you are outta your mind.

Gavin screwed up, he never shoulda gave up power in the first place and let these vultures in.

Activity: 433
Merit: 260
Honestly after reading few articles of those published by some of the attendees, from the looks of it, were heading to more centralized path if it continues this way and since 95% of miners votes are needed for this to go through (hope I understood it correctly) then it's going to complicate a bit since that's too high. I'm starting to worry though a bit since there seem to be no consensus on the matter (til now) since it looks like two groups that one looking for centralized system with more fee's and the other is after decentralized with less fee.

Core= aiming for several layers on top of a decentralized base to scale safe and properly and offer millions of users the possibilty of micropayments which will be incredible cheap and fast via LN and other implementations.Having the incredible huge majority of best skilled developers knowing and improving the network.

classic= 2 devs and a bunch of power greedy individuals and scammers who think just increasing blocksize again and again and again is the cure for everything.

Exactly! How foolish these people mindlessly supporting Classic are... They seem far too foolish to be true....

legendary
The block size debate was a dominate topic in 2015. How many more moths/years should fly by before there is a resolution?

Just look above - the major pool supporting 2MB blocks is AntPool - yet they create more "empty blocks" than any other pool - do you not see the problem?

(you can't have a serious debate about increasing block size when your most serious supporter creates empty blocks)
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Time's up!

Because you said so?

And who exactly are you to be in charge of when "time's up" eh?

(another paid shill no doubt)

Your selective quote missed the important part:
Where is the clear path to ending the debate and settling on a solution?
The block size debate was a dominate topic in 2015. How many more moths/years should fly by before there is a resolution?
legendary
You don't find it at all odd that "the only major Chinese pool promoting 2MB blocks is the one that creates the most empty blocks"?

(that must be a bit embarrassing for the *we must have 2MB blocks now* supporters)
legendary
Seems you aren't up to disproving me so let me just provide a few links to recent blocks with 1 tx:

https://blockchain.info/block-height/401583
https://blockchain.info/block-height/401557
https://blockchain.info/block-height/401539
https://blockchain.info/block-height/401512

(all from AntPool who are supposedly your friends as they are the ones promoting 2MB blocks - despite the fact that they are creating more empty blocks than anyone else)
legendary
Let's just start with this: https://bitcoinchain.com/pools

(irrefutable proof that the majority of blocks are mined by Chinese pools)

So if you want to prove that the 1 tx blocks were not mined by those pools then please give us the links.
legendary
prove your point. and you win the prize of showing everyone that increasing the buffer is not urgent

Okay - you are the guy who loves to show off your "stats".

Please give us the list of mining pools that mined the last 1K blocks and the number of 1 tx blocks within that list (and which pool mined them).

(yes - I am going to make you show everyone else my point and if you lie then I'll show the evidence of your lying)
Pages:
Jump to: