Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi should give away a good chunk of the 1.000.000 btc he has - page 3. (Read 5516 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
he probably burned the private key
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Which is probably the point. If I had a million coins, there's no way in hell I would just give them away and neither would you, but it's bad for the supposedly decentralized Bitcoin in general, when one person/entity holds almost 10% of the entire supply and thus has the power to kill it for years.

If I'm doing my math right, miners will mine what Satoshi allegedly holds in 278 days.  His share drops from 10% to 9%.  His power to "kill" bitcoin will degrade over time.

No, the rate of new Bitcoins degrades exponentially. Even at the maximum limit of 21 million Bitcoins, Satoshi would still hold almost 5% of the entire supply a hundred years from now. Still way too much.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
It's interesting actually that Satoshi dissapeared completely, especially from the forums.

Hopefully he/she/it didn't die, leaving those million coins just sitting.
Hopefully she did leave them sitting. Imagine a sell order for 1M BTC on an exchange.  Wink
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
It's interesting actually that Satoshi dissapeared completely, especially from the forums.

Hopefully he/she/it didn't die, leaving those million coins just sitting.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Who decides on what he should or shouldn't do with them?
He shouldn't give away anything.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Just in case Satoshi is monitoring this thread: 1DWtupt9GMBNMRKEEChRzJRXqZgmyc1kAK

Grin
Rez
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Having 1 million btc is a complete obscenity.

He should start giving them away somehow.

He is not the 1% but the 0.000001% Warren Buffet is broke compared to satoshi (talking about wealth percentage)

What do you think?

If Satoshi wanted to do that, then Satoshi would do that.

Either Satoshi no longer has the keys, or Satoshi doesn't wish to move the coins he/they own.

So, no.
Activity: 42
hope he got breadsticks with his pizza  Shocked
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
He should donate it to the victims of Dog gox, also known as empty gox.

Best regards,
ilpirata79
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
I actually think that he lost all his coins and is so embarrassed about it that he'll stay quiet forever.

He ordered the little known 1.000.000 BTC pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni, but got scammed as the pizza guy fell on his doorstep.

This is the true story of why he disappeared. The threads about it has been deleted in respect to hide his embarrassment. Before exchanges it was: "never trust a pizza joint with your BTC". Times have changed.
Activity: 28
I actually think that he lost all his coins and is so embarrassed about it that he'll stay quiet forever.
Activity: 907
Merit: 660
Do due diligence
None of anyone's business what anyone else does or doesn't do with their own coins.
These are the conditions we're aware of when we participate.
Activity: 475
Merit: 255

He is not the 1% but the 0.000001% Warren Buffet is broke compared to satoshi (talking about wealth percentage)

What do you think?

I think he deserves all of it. And I strongly believe he should be free to to anything he wants with these coins. Such as: nothing, donating them to the poor, donating them to the super-rich, use them to support megacorporations, use them to support new BTC bussiness, fund space exploration, fight global warming, support global warming... He can even buy several hundred tones of food and medicine and then slowly burn this pile in front of starving children in Africa (also paying sizable armed protection from hungry envious mob who would "know better what to do with property of others").

So after this "He should be free to to anything he wants with these coins." I have some suggestions for him: Use the coins to increase Bitcoin adoption, stabilize its use and guard its core principles.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
He should spend them however he wants; whenever he wants.

Nobody else is entitled to his wealth.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

What do you think?

If he had that amount it would put him in the same ball park as Vladimir Putin's ill gotten wealth stolen from his own people, currently estimated to exceed $70 billion. Surely Putin would be a better target for your wrath than the man that just may have changed the world for better for ever!!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Hello! New to this forum but here's my thoughts.
If i was Satoshi i would do exactly the same thing, sit on the coins.
With current course it's worth 600-700,000,000$. That is shit load of money, but it will be much more in the future.
I think creating bitcoin is only the first step. Satoshi is a believer in bitcoin(ideology), and he probably sees the price hitting anything between 10,000-50,000$ in future. Now we're talking about real POWER. You can bring down goverments(or help them), raise armies, help scientific developement or do pretty much anything you want.
I'd like to think that the money will be used to make the world better place.

+1 it's seems like he's ideology, probably doing this in some kind of reason, BTC gonna be more value in future for sure.
Activity: 364
Ok, where did you guys get your sources? The guy(s) went silent since 2009.

actually last post was only 3 weeks away from 2011...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3

Either way I rest my case
Activity: 1
Hello! New to this forum but here's my thoughts.
If i was Satoshi i would do exactly the same thing, sit on the coins.
With current course it's worth 600-700,000,000$. That is shit load of money, but it will be much more in the future.
I think creating bitcoin is only the first step. Satoshi is a believer in bitcoin(ideology), and he probably sees the price hitting anything between 10,000-50,000$ in future. Now we're talking about real POWER. You can bring down goverments(or help them), raise armies, help scientific developement or do pretty much anything you want.
I'd like to think that the money will be used to make the world better place.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
What do you think?

None of your business. If you don't like it, just don't use it. Bitcoin is not a legal tender, you have the freedom to use it or not
+1..... oops i meant +1million

actually last post was only 3 weeks away from 2011...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3
Activity: 364
Pages:
Jump to: