Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi should give away a good chunk of the 1.000.000 btc he has - page 4. (Read 5516 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In Hashrate We Trust!
Having 1 million btc is a complete obscenity.

He should start giving them away somehow.

He is not the 1% but the 0.000001% Warren Buffet is broke compared to satoshi (talking about wealth percentage)

What do you think?
I agree, he is the invisible oligarch of bitcoin and this is a problem.
We could either abandon bitcoin for a better alt-coin, or inflate away the oligarchs holdings by increasing the bitcoin money supply by 1000 to max 21 billion coins so his coin only will be worth 1/1000 of today.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

He is not the 1% but the 0.000001% Warren Buffet is broke compared to satoshi (talking about wealth percentage)

What do you think?

+1
But I don't think it will happen
Just read his early posts on mailing list - he knew/ was hoping what will happen from the very beggining that's why he decided to hold
I just hope he'll use his some of his BTC for good causes
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

What do you think?

would you give it all away if you had it?

I would probably donate a good chunk of it, or setup a foundation ( Bitcoin or charity). US$10,000,000 is more than enough to live a comfortable life, living off of interest.

I'd like to think not everyone on earth is a greedy pig.

On another note, if none of Satoshi's Bitcoins have been spent already, then the keys are probably lost and will never be spent.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Which is probably the point. If I had a million coins, there's no way in hell I would just give them away and neither would you, but it's bad for the supposedly decentralized Bitcoin in general, when one person/entity holds almost 10% of the entire supply and thus has the power to kill it for years.

If I'm doing my math right, miners will mine what Satoshi allegedly holds in 278 days.  His share drops from 10% to 9%.  His power to "kill" bitcoin will degrade over time.

Activity: 87

What do you think?

A million btc is not worth what you think.   If a million BTC were to be sold or given away in a short period, it would crash the market -- devaluing bitcoin in general, and devaluing your own coins.  

Which is probably the point. If I had a million coins, there's no way in hell I would just give them away and neither would you, but it's bad for the supposedly decentralized Bitcoin in general, when one person/entity holds almost 10% of the entire supply and thus has the power to kill it for years.
The creator(s) of bitcoin will let it grow and develop for years only to suddenly and anonymously "kill" (not what would actually happen) it years later?

Seems likely.

Completely missed the point. I don't know what is he gonna do and neither do you. The problem is that he CAN do it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

What do you think?

A million btc is not worth what you think.   If a million BTC were to be sold or given away in a short period, it would crash the market -- devaluing bitcoin in general, and devaluing your own coins.  

The creator(s) of bitcoin will let it grow and develop for years only to suddenly and anonymously "kill" (not what would actually happen) it years later?

Seems likely.
Activity: 87

What do you think?

A million btc is not worth what you think.   If a million BTC were to be sold or given away in a short period, it would crash the market -- devaluing bitcoin in general, and devaluing your own coins.   

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

What do you think?

would you give it all away if you had it?

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

What do you think?

He earned it like everyother person, he never cheated the system like the govt did to print bill/ bitcoins. Bitcoin is a system where you have to work for it before you can have, so prolly he computer was at work during the founding process and we joined too, so its up to him to give out and moreover billgate has lots of cah will you ask him to give them out because he has so much?
Activity: 112

What do you think?

A million btc is not worth what you think.   If a million BTC were to be sold or given away in a short period, it would crash the market -- devaluing bitcoin in general, and devaluing your own coins.   That would be an obscenity.   

If Satoshi is not into criminal money laundering or tax evasion, then his fiat capital gains will be taxed when they are converted into fiat in accordance with his local government's taxing authority and will be redistributed then.
Activity: 748
Merit: 500

What do you think?

No he shouldn't...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
he should do nothing and just throw away the private keys (if he hasn't done yet). He should, in my own interest. But he has the right to do everything with his coins. Don't you think he earned it? (or they, I am pretty sure, Satoshi is a group of people)
will it always remain a mystery whether Satoshi is He or They and BTW why not She :p ..? Or someday someone will crack this mystery ..?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097
What do you think?

None of your business. If you don't like it, just don't use it. Bitcoin is not a legal tender, you have the freedom to use it or not
Activity: 770
he donated them to all of us by never using them.
Activity: 546
hm
he should do nothing and just throw away the private keys (if he hasn't done yet). He should, in my own interest. But he has the right to do everything with his coins. Don't you think he earned it? (or they, I am pretty sure, Satoshi is a group of people)
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: