Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 266. (Read 495694 times)

mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
Your wallet has a default address used for sending
Absolutely not

Default  Static address, each wallet has a static address assigned to it that your transactions will be sent from.

No still wrong.  It doesn't.  Every tx is simply sending a prior tx output.  There isn't a static address that all tx come from.  If you have 5,000 different addressses with unspent outputs then your future tx (in aggregate) will be coming from those 5,000 outputs.

Period.  Default, static, pre-set = all wrong.  All tx inputs are prior tx output.  Period.  They will be from any address you received funds at.

Do you think you could possibly explain this in plain English Tongue ?

Ive done some research and I think I get it.
Any address attached to your wallet that has received coins can be selected (automatically by the bitcoin client) as a "From" address for the same wallet.
So any funds sent from a real wallet can be refunded (or bets paid) by sending N btc back to the "From" address.

Most online wallets MTGOX, walletbit etc do not assign a wallet per account, your funds are held in a DB.
The deposit addresses provided are for their own wallet, their software monitors the incoming transactions to each address and if its matched to a pending deposit the funds are assigned to the account.  
When Sending funds from an online wallet again the funds are deducted from your account then sent from their wallet, any transfers sent back to the From address used are checked for a pending deposit, none are found so the site takes it as a "donation".

edited: grammar, punctuation, flow and spelling. (noticed how bad my sentence was when Stephen quoted it )
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Absolutely not

Default  Static address, each wallet has a static address assigned to it that your transactions will be sent from.

No still wrong.  It doesn't.  Every tx is simply sending a prior tx output.  There isn't a static address that all tx come from.  If you have 5,000 different addressses with unspent outputs then your future tx (in aggregate) will be coming from those 5,000 outputs.

Period.  Default, static, pre-set = all wrong.  All tx inputs are prior tx output.  Period.  They will be from any address you received funds at.
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
Hi Stephen, does this mean it is possible to change the address sent from ?

Not with the Bitcoin.org client.  There is a patched version that can be build used to manually choose the coins.

My Wallet from Blockchain.info allows this:
 - http://Blockchain.info/wallet

Cool, I had the right idea just just the wrong terminology.

Cross-posting this from another thread:

Ya, so how about a new record, 25% higher than the previous record a few days ago.

18,555 transactions in 24 hours.

- http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

We know the culprit, Satoshi Dice!

Good good stuff, just think off all that extra miner reward from the transactions.
Imho we need more games like this.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Cross-posting this from another thread:

Ya, so how about a new record, 25% higher than the previous record a few days ago.

18,555 transactions in 24 hours.

- http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

We know the culprit, Satoshi Dice!
legendary

Not with the Bitcoin.org client.  There is a patched version that can be build used to manually choose the coins.

My Wallet from Blockchain.info allows this:
 - http://Blockchain.info/wallet
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
absolutely yes, it is the default sending address which you cannot change - unless someone cares to enlighten me.

The bitcoin.org client has no concept of a default sending address.  You can use the same address for receiving as many times as you wish, but the client doesn't send coins from it unless it has funds and the algorithm happened to choose it based on certain criteria.

legendary
absolutely yes, it is the default sending address which you cannot change - unless someone cares to enlighten me.

The bitcoin.org client has no concept of a default sending address.  You can use the same address for receiving as many times as you wish, but the client doesn't send coins from it unless it has funds and the algorithm happened to choose it based on certain criteria.
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
Absolutely not

Default  Static address, each wallet has a static address assigned to it that your transactions will be sent from.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
donator
Gerald Davis
I played for 4-5 times & got some pay.
But all the payment came to 2 of my addresses which i already set for deepbit & slush.

I still don't understand how to send from a particular address in my address book, as bitcoin software never shows/asks to select from which address i want to send. It just sends & what happens under is not shown.

You already asked and it was answered above.

Simple version: You can't but it doesn't matter.  You "control" all the addresses in your wallet so which address is used is irrelevant.  The satoshi client doesn't support a "pay from address x" feature.   The issue is a shared wallet (like MtGox) where funds may be sent (and thus returned) to an address you don't control. 
legendary
I played for 4-5 times & got some pay.
But all the payment came to 2 of my addresses which i already set for deepbit & slush.

I still don't understand how to send from a particular address in my address book, as bitcoin software never shows/asks to select from which address i want to send. It just sends & what happens under is not shown.
donator
Gerald Davis
Your wallet has a default address used for sending, you can generate many more for whatever reasons you need.
Easiest way to find out your wallets send address is to watch a transfer on blockexplorer or just send to yourself Wink

No the wallet doesn't have a"default" address for spending.   It sends inputs that are prior TX outputs and thus may be any address you previously received funds from.  There is no way to change the address being used in the satoshi client.

Still with an offline wallet you "own" all the addresses so it doesn't matter WHICH address it sends it from as you will still control those address(es) when the profits are sent back.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Absolutely not
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
I don't understand this warning

"WARNING: Only use wallets that allow you to receive Bitcoin from the same address you sent from. If you're not sure, test with .001 Bitcoins. If you get nothing back, then your wallet is not compatible."

I use the default bitcoin wallet & software from www.bitcoin.org
version 0.6.0.6 beta.

When sending bitcoins, we can only select receiving address.
But how to select sending address, so as per warning we receive it in same address?

Your wallet has a default address used for sending, you can generate many more for whatever reasons you need.
Easiest way to find out your wallets send address is to watch a transfer on blockexplorer or just send to yourself Wink
legendary
1davout
Some Most online wallets are not compatible. Yours is.
FTFY
legendary
1davout

"WARNING: Only use wallets that allow you to receive Bitcoin from the same address you sent from. If you're not sure, test with .001 Bitcoins. If you get nothing back, then your wallet is not compatible."

version 0.6.0.6 beta.

But how to select sending address, so as per warning we receive it in same address?
You're fine.
Shared wallets (like Instawallet) aren't compatible, that's by design.
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
Some online wallets are not compatible. Yours is.
legendary

version 0.6.0.6 beta.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Maybe they should use ZipConf.com to speed up their remissions.
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
the past few days I have gotten (and seen) my bets within seconds, maybe a min or two tops - since last night it is taking more like 30-60 min between bets now. My last bet was sent 54 minutes ago and has 6 confirmations already...

Is this just because the site is so busy? Or will this speed up again in the future? It's agonizing waiting in the mean time (especially with larger 10-20BTC bets)!!

Anyways, I love the site! I'm hooked! Just wish it were a bit faster is all Wink

Yep, it's seems really slow now Tongue

Seems fairly slow here as well, had the same slowdown last night before it picked up.

Perhaps the site uses send many to cut down on transaction spam ?

I really like the site, it generates shit loads of transactions for the btc network and I assume/hope all the players are paying transaction fee's.
Jump to: