Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 262. (Read 495692 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Awesome! I accidentally sent 1btc when I meant to send .1 and won 2.7btc!

What luck  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
That seems impossible to me. I don't see how people could possibly cheat.

A few approaches discussed here:

- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.882919
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
dude I'm telling you people are cheating, you can raise your edge to 50% and it wouldn't matter, you are only donating your btc to the cheaters.

by seeing into the future and/or by cracking sha256 somehow.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
dude I'm telling you people are cheating, you can raise your edge to 50% and it wouldn't matter, you are only donating your btc to the cheaters.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
Activity: 257
Not trusting third parties with my private keys
lol i shipped out like 7 5btc bets as fast as i could to the 2.7x address.  the limit was 6.7 so i figured it would be fine and then 2 of them won, 2 lost, and 4 say over limit.  Suprised the limit can get adjusted that much that fast.  Guess i have to bet less in the future to avoid this.  Can you please make the results happen faster though?  Its really annoying to wait more than a minute.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I've made 2 bets with blockchain.info web interface but nothing returned to my wallet. The transaction ids are:

c3e9dfafc943772dc9dbe92de481c30d1bf50e9a042b11816356cbe85bdabb63

e1c796224599d6a42476123eab5d9eccd8bc90f3a78307d061bceddfae85a438

Blockchain.info is really incompatible with this site?

Edit: Two bets have won and returned to my wallet after a few hours.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Huh. I never thought of a martingale from the house's point of view before. Nice one, Joel.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
Quick update:  Since our house run of luck has been terrible (though we still believe, within the bounds of statistical possibility without cheating), we are increasing the house edge just slightly, up to 1% from .818%. We may bring the edge back down in the near future. We need to do this as the house pool is not large enough to enable people to be placing the size of bets they'd like so this should help with that aspect.
It's probably due to people using a progressive betting strategy. This doesn't reduce your edge, but it does change the flow. What will happen is that instead of having a small trickle of profit, you will have a small trickle of loss with the occasional spike of huge profit. You will need to increase your reserve, but you should be quite happy to do that.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Somebody needs to kick it again I think Wink. Just playing around with it but it appears stuck.

Yeah, it's stuck now for more than a day... Please, kick it :-)
Activity: 93
We at. (Just not right now.)

Also, I gather that's your 503 page, but that = myBrainIsFullOfFuck.jpg. If that's the intent, then well done I suppose Smiley. Good luck with the project, very interesting to see a single concept jack up the transaction rate like that. Brilliant idea all around.

Activity: 93
Somebody needs to kick it again I think Wink. Just playing around with it but it appears stuck.
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
I'm still waiting for a payout from 36 hours ago.  Undecided

I trust the site operators and everything, I'm just getting impatient!

Im waiting on txid f720f4c4eeddbd88d90b171cddf12741e756dfb4d540803fbe536f4d6068f674 Tongue
but in the 4 times Ive seen satoshi's dice fall over it always comes back online and pays the bets.

jg
I'm still waiting for a payout from 36 hours ago.  Undecided

I trust the site operators and everything, I'm just getting impatient!
Activity: 695
Merit: 502
PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38
been playing a little over the past few days,  sometimes the response is within seconds, other times it takes ~15min.
jg
Is there an ETA on the backlogged transactions being paid?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
the site takes quite a long time to reload, and one of my bids from last night have yet to be paid (like many other tx)

Ya, the recent bets now instead of truncating at 200 rows is now showing 2,185 rows of bets.
Activity: 420
the site takes quite a long time to reload, and one of my bids from last night have yet to be paid (like many other tx)
Activity: 294
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
Quote from: SatoshiDICE.com
We at. (Just not right now.)

Does this mean the site is down just temporarily?
Jump to: