Pages:
Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 32. (Read 495667 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
feels a little unsteady still, the page loaded after 3 reloads in the browser.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Today for some reason everything is down. Kind of like what happened last week with the entire internet being down with the DNS attacks. Today I think it has to do with the ZCASH launch. Bitcointalk was down earlier today also.
Yep, seems like a DNS issue - probelms on bitcoin talk, yobit, SD and others - there is obviously some effort buy criminals to buy or dump some coins without anybody else being able to report it or access the exchanges.
theymos explained the BitcoinTalk problem...

I think that it was/is some sort of upstream networking failure. I'm still seeing an above-normal level of packet loss, but it seems usable now at least. I'll keep an eye on it.

Lets hope the connectivity issues are solved now, things on bitcointalk seem much better today. [Fingers Crossed] =)
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
Today for some reason everything is down. Kind of like what happened last week with the entire internet being down with the DNS attacks. Today I think it has to do with the ZCASH launch. Bitcointalk was down earlier today also.
Yep, seems like a DNS issue - probelms on bitcoin talk, yobit, SD and others - there is obviously some effort buy criminals to buy or dump some coins without anybody else being able to report it or access the exchanges.
theymos explained the BitcoinTalk problem...

I think that it was/is some sort of upstream networking failure. I'm still seeing an above-normal level of packet loss, but it seems usable now at least. I'll keep an eye on it.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

I have no idea why they are doing it. I don't think they benefit anyway by hacking Bitcointalk. And there is also alot of liquidity right now to sell Bitcoin. However it looks like it might go back to yearly highs.

There must be some logic behind the attacks - Maybe they are trying to stop people from creating more liquidity before they pump - or planning to dump whilst people can't access all exchanges - or working with arbitrage on sites which are DNS blocked. Either way, the I've noticed that the number of people posting on here has dropped a bit since the attacks.

Yes especially the Gamblin topics are much less active. Most likely people try accessing the website and its very slow to load and they just give up and move on to some other forum. However I don't see how anyone would benefit from doing this.

hard to see any logic or anyone benefiting from this
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

I have no idea why they are doing it. I don't think they benefit anyway by hacking Bitcointalk. And there is also alot of liquidity right now to sell Bitcoin. However it looks like it might go back to yearly highs.

There must be some logic behind the attacks - Maybe they are trying to stop people from creating more liquidity before they pump - or planning to dump whilst people can't access all exchanges - or working with arbitrage on sites which are DNS blocked. Either way, the I've noticed that the number of people posting on here has dropped a bit since the attacks.

Yes especially the Gamblin topics are much less active. Most likely people try accessing the website and its very slow to load and they just give up and move on to some other forum. However I don't see how anyone would benefit from doing this.
legendary

legendary

legendary
legendary
Activity: 178
It's working now.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
The API is still fully functional. It seems only the front-end server is down.
SatoshiDice, any comments? ETA?
Api is down too, i tried accessing it(https://www.satoshidice.com/api/) it just shows up '502 bad gateway'. i hope the problem gets fixed soon.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
The API is still fully functional. It seems only the front-end server is down.
SatoshiDice, any comments? ETA?
Activity: 290
Merit: 262
Is maith liom bitcoin
down for me too as well, same 502 bad gateway error
legendary
It works for me.

EDIT: it only works if you are already logged in. APIs work. Likely DDoS again.

Yeah, I'm getting the bad gateway error from NGINX - has all the hallmarks of a DDoS attack. Cryptoland feels like the wild west right now...
Activity: 178
It works for me.

EDIT: it only works if you are already logged in. APIs work. Likely DDoS again.
legendary
How can you see the withdrawal history there?
I made a withdrawal the other day, im fairly certain I saw it pending but I cant find it now.
Could it have been unconfirmed/ failed/ double spent or something?

found it, unconfirmed 2 days now.
https://blockchain.info/tx/17d19276271e77b430443dab764f30424cd65f8ef437678c1ca92983a9b23bb4

It's confirmed now Smiley
Good to hear - I think there is a lot of stress on the blockchain at the minute which is slowing down the transactions as lots of people are transferring their alts into BTC as the price is rising.
How can you see the withdrawal history there?
I made a withdrawal the other day, im fairly certain I saw it pending but I cant find it now.
Could it have been unconfirmed/ failed/ double spent or something?

found it, unconfirmed 2 days now.
https://blockchain.info/tx/17d19276271e77b430443dab764f30424cd65f8ef437678c1ca92983a9b23bb4

It's confirmed now Smiley
SatoshiDice should consider increasing their fee. 0.0001 can be quite low. They should consider dynamic fees or a fixed fee of 0.0002.

Yeah Bitcoin is under an epidemic right now with the amount of record UNCONFIRMED transactions, yesterday I think there was 50,000 unconfirmed transaction. Right now you need to pay at least 100 Sats per bytes, which can get very expensive.

Assuming SatoshiDice uses the core Bitcoin client, they can enable "floating fees".
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Sending

Users can decide to pay a predefined fee rate by setting `-paytxfee=` (or `settxfee ` rpc during runtime). A value of `n=0` signals Bitcoin Core to use floating fees. By default, Bitcoin Core will use floating fees.

Based on past transaction data, floating fees approximate the fees required to get into the `m`th block from now. This is configurable with `-txconfirmtarget=` (default: `2`).

-txconfirmtarget=3 would be enough in my opinion. Keeps the fee low and it arrives in under an hour.

@SD please consider ^
Pages:
Jump to: