Pages:
Author

Topic: Saudi Arabian employer accused of chopping off Indian maid’s hand - page 2. (Read 1267 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Why some people are so intollerant to moderate Saudi Arabia?
This dude have made a mistake to not bring this case on Shariat Court and made DIY?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Upper class Saudi Arabians still have the slave owner mentality. They get poor somalian/indian/filipino maids all the time and it is de facto slave ownership.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
Everything has its own adversity known to mankind .Now,they way media puts it : Chopping maid's hand for robbery is a crime but robbery itself is a crime .Maybe the maid actually tried to rob something ? I have seen videos of Indian maid miss treating the kids or beating the old folks if no one's at the workplace .Maybe she has actually did something wrong that she deserved such punishment but the other side of the story is never told.Not like I support this but we cant come to a conclusion without knowing the facts .
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I wouldn't support the Sri Lankan practice either.
If going to Saudi Arabia is akin to slavery, then don't go.
Poverty might be bad, but there is no point in subjecting yourself to a worse fate.

That depends upon the individual perception. If someone thinks that getting raped is better, when compared to starving to death, then I won't blame that person. But then there are also reports that some of the maids are never paid for their work. I have heard of instances where maids being kept as sex-slaves being denied any wages at all for more than 10 years.

Now Saudi Arabia is going to head the United Nations Human Rights Council. Perhaps, things will change.
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
I hate to say this. But more than 90% of the women working as maids in Saudi Arabia suffer rape and other forms of sexual violence, sometimes in full view of the female Arabs. It doesn't matter whether the woman is 15-years old or 70-years old. That is why in Sri Lanka, they sterilize the young women, before shipping them to Saudi Arabia.

I wouldn't support the Sri Lankan practice either.
If going to Saudi Arabia is akin to slavery, then don't go.
Poverty might be bad, but there is no point in subjecting yourself to a worse fate.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I hate to say this. But more than 90% of the women working as maids in Saudi Arabia suffer rape and other forms of sexual violence, sometimes in full view of the female Arabs. It doesn't matter whether the woman is 15-years old or 70-years old. That is why in Sri Lanka, they sterilize the young women, before shipping them to Saudi Arabia.
Activity: 518
Saudis abuse, torture, rape and even murder domestic helpers in Saudi Arabia for many years now. If you defend yourself then you go to jail.
Activity: 675
Saudi Arabian employer accused of chopping off Indian maid’s hand

Is your employer displeased with your work? He might just decide to chop off your hand!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/09/saudi-arabian-employer-accused-chopping-off-indian-maids-hand-kashturi-munirathinam
Pages:
Jump to: