Pages:
Author

Topic: save seed phrase in song. - page 3. (Read 281 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
April 25, 2023, 03:12:46 PM
Firstly if you aren’t the children legal teacher or someone employed by the parent to handle those children I would say you exploiting the children to your own benefit which if I am the parent I would definitely not be cool with it.

Children are good are repetition and cramming song to an extent that’s true but they aren’t good in keeping secrets and definitely would tell their family when asked and a weird song that no one has had of would raise suspicion and the range of words can trigger someone who into crypto (which is now widely spread) to understand that it could be a seed phrase.
If you are putting you recollecting you seed phrase in the hands of kids by giving them a poem that also contains other words, what are your chances of knowing which words are actually your seed phrase?

Regardless it’s wrong using children that way especially when they aren’t yours.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
April 25, 2023, 03:03:36 PM
No offense, but that's an awful idea.

You shouldn't trust your own memory to remember a seed phrase; you definitely shouldn't trust the memory of a child. Easy for them to mix up a few words and then you've lost access. Also, what will you do when the children stop visiting?

Secondly, you have no idea just how many people will hear them repeat the song. They might go around singing it in public, on a bus, on the street, etc. Simply hoping that no one realizes it is a seed phrase is a recipe for disaster.

You should write them down and find three different secure places to hide them. Even if you hide all three together, this will still be significantly more secure than teaching your seed phrases to a bunch of children.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
April 25, 2023, 02:55:29 PM
I had written down and saved my seed phrase before now. But after I asked questions about SegWit wallet and knew its importance. I decided to practice it. Little Mouse and o_e_l_e_o guided me. Although I didn't do it excellently but I'll get it well when I'm with both of my devices.

But after setting up electrum on both my devices, including the trust wallet phrase I had already,  I now have 3 different key phrases to safely guide. It is now a burden to me to write the three down and keep all in the same place. What if there is a problem with one, all would also be affected.

Then, I came up with this weird idea of teaching kids around me a song that they will sing. I am a friend to many kids. They come around and read their poems for me and lots more.
How about if I form a song with my seed phrase and teach them to learn it and sing always. That could solve my problem.

The kids surely don't know about seed phrases
And the people around wouldn't have a clue of what is happening.
This could be a good way to save my seed phrase since it is not advisable to memorise it. Besides, all the kids memories cannot fail simultaneously.

Example of seed phrase:
Empty Damage Second Fault
Vibrant Find Food Joy
Ocean Name Nature Noodles

Example of Seed phrase song. With the seed phrase words repeated twice x2 in the song to emphasis them.

An empty brain will damage your thinking faculty in a second.   Fault no man, be vibrant and find good food. Your joy will flow like the ocean and your  name will sound like nature when you eat noodles .

Happy read and how is the idea, weird I think??

Pages:
Jump to: