Pages:
Author

Topic: Save you Bitcoin for your (grand) child / children? - page 2. (Read 36315 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Why not if we can do it why shouldn't we it is just like helping them for their future expenses so why shouldn't we do it if we could save some.
I work very hard for my Bitcoins, why should I save my Bitcoins for other people to use when I could use them myself?
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
Oh Im 17 years old  only I dont have a grand child but I wait it takes for sure 30 years before I have grandchildren. Bitcoin is for longterm and I dont know if the price after decades will become stable , increasing , decreasing , dead. No one knows what happen bitcoin in the future so I can save only few bitcoin for them So if the bitcoin price increase high and my grandchildren dont have money they have money because they will convert bitcoin to cash.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
No, I make money to live a good life, I dont make money for my grandchildren Cheesy And the other thing is that you can't know what will happen with the bitcoin at every moment.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I am not averse to saving a part of my coins for my children and grandchildren, if someone can give me a solid guarantee that Bitcoins will not be worthless by 2050 or 2060.

There is a possibility that after a few years it may become worthless. Therefore, their children should leave gold.
Activity: 44
I would like to save a few bitcoins for children. I think that this is a very good idea. If the price is really much higher, then I will make my children or grandchildren very rich
Activity: 81
:)
Save bitcoin for children, because good invest.
Activity: 37
I am not averse to saving a part of my coins for my children and grandchildren, if someone can give me a solid guarantee that Bitcoins will not be worthless by 2050 or 2060.

We can't say really if is worth in 2050 or 2060. I think the best move will be to save enough until the next halving in about 3 years and so where our bitcoin will take from there.

Yes, it will be insulting if by 2050 bitcoin depreciates.
I do not want to postpone the bitcoins to my grandchildren. Nobody helped me. Let them learn to make money themselves)
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

We can't say really if is worth in 2050 or 2060. I think the best move will be to save enough until the next halving in about 3 years and so where our bitcoin will take from there.
Activity: 457
Merit: 262
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
I have engraved private keys onto titanium plates for exactly this purpose. They are kept in a box with the other valuables, like a hoard of POGs, various tamagochi, Princess Di beanie baby, and some very rare and powerful Magic: The Gathering cards. Dang kids are gonna be floored when they find this box next to my partially decomposed earthly remains.

lol, full bullet proof . I b t it won't get stolen. Congratulations for having such a brilliant idea and future for generations after you.
The question is very interesting and it can be interpreted in two ways. Or from children to save bitcoin, or for children. But if children today with a computer on you, then hiding the crypto currency will be difficult.
I would gladly leave a good inheritance for my children and it does not matter whether Bitcoin or simple real money is anyway useful to them but I will try to teach them how to work with Bitcoin and I hope that they will be able to make good money themselves.
Activity: 18
I have engraved private keys onto titanium plates for exactly this purpose. They are kept in a box with the other valuables, like a hoard of POGs, various tamagochi, Princess Di beanie baby, and some very rare and powerful Magic: The Gathering cards. Dang kids are gonna be floored when they find this box next to my partially decomposed earthly remains.

lol, full bullet proof . I b t it won't get stolen. Congratulations for having such a brilliant idea and future for generations after you.
The question is very interesting and it can be interpreted in two ways. Or from children to save bitcoin, or for children. But if children today with a computer on you, then hiding the crypto currency will be difficult.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253

Activity: 756
Merit: 253
Why not if we can do it why shouldn't we it is just like helping them for their future expenses so why shouldn't we do it if we could save some.

Sure that's why I have some saved for my future and the generations after me. Bitcoin is headed for the moon and we will sure be a part of the success story.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
No doubts. It could be a good idea to set aside a small amount for grandchildren.
I hope that the development of humanity will step into the future for as many fast that the grandchildren or great-grandchildren will not need anything. While agree that bitcoin savings in the future will give a very huge profits for our descendants.

Well its debatable if bitcoin will rise or fall in near or far future. But it wont hurt to save some for future. But how much is better question. Because if you save small sum for grand children maybe it will be too small amount, I dont think that bitcoin will rise that much so that you can for few bitcoin become rich in future.
Thus still profitable to keep bitcoin until a certain time, namely for the high prices, but already there to be seen, who would get the coin. The main thing that prospects were good.

I believe that Bitcoin will be much more expensive in the future. and it's a good idea to take care of their grandchildren and keep them some Bitcoins.
but so far I have no way to do it. I do not have grandchildren yet

It is same with me, i mean i don't have grandchildren yet. But i do think that it is good idea to leave some bitcoin for future. I know bitcoin is too unstable now, but who knows what will happen in future. Maybe it will worth small fortune or maybe it will die in about 5 years or so. It is too unpredictable for now, but i will save some even if it goes to waste.
You do not have grandchildren, but only so far. More time has not come. But when there will be, then you will be pleased with him, that at some point planned to save and leave the bitcoin for future generations of his family.
Well hope to ling long and see for my self, other than that i can't do anything else for now. As i said at the end of my post, I will leave some small amount for future, because who knows what will happen, and how much bitcoin will be worth. But as far as i heard there is too much going on with mining bitcoin at the moment, and who knows how will it end. We shell see Cheesy .
Activity: 503
Activity: 322
Good question. If I would have kids I would invest create a paper wallet and put some small amount of Bitcoin in it and will put the paper wallet keys into a trezor. When the kids turn 18 I will hand them over. Depending on the price development til then they are rich or they hold a peace of history in its hands  Cheesy Or perhaps both.
Activity: 25
I don't save bitcoins for my children...
instead a wide range of small altcoins, that have some potential imo.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD
Bitcoin is far too volatile to just hold it and hope it will appreciate in value like a savings bond.

If there is a situation in the future where the network is being hacked out of existence.. you need to sell while you can.

Always be on guard for the need to sell imo
Activity: 23
This exactly what I have in mind when I bought cloud mining contract since it is lifetime so my child might be able to get the benefit, as long as the price keep on rising and the contract not terminated by the company. But now from what I read in this forum, it seems like I bought the contract from non-reliable company and my contract might get terminated after a few months..so..I might need to think or invest in something else after this.

Luckily I only bought a small contract though..
Activity: 36
I have no children yet. But I will postpone for my children bitkoins, gold and paper money.
Pages:
Jump to: