Pages:
Author

Topic: Saving for a House! - page 11. (Read 2354 times)

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
November 12, 2019, 10:10:59 PM
Cryptocurrency markets are big but risky, you can lose your money because the market plummets or hackers attack. Never invest too much what you are willing to lose.
If you still decide to invest in this market, I think you should split your investments and buy USDT.
buy USDT for what? It's value seem unchange in the crypto market.
Better you should buy ETH or BTC than buy others, this will decrease the risk to your investment.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
November 12, 2019, 09:31:38 PM
If you want just to save your money in crypto, it's the best choice to store it in stable coin. But if you want some profit, you can choose one of the top 5 coins in coinmarketcap. But i won't recommend you to save all of your money in cryptocurrency. it has a high risk, you may have some loss because its fluctuations.
Yes. Invest in crypto with the amount you can afford to lose and not totally all your savings amount. You can still put some of your money in a bank because it would be totally safe in there. Investing in crypto might give you good profits but the time is still indefinite and due to price fluctuations, it will add more risks in your investment.
It is very risky.
As he said, he only wanted to grow his money for over the next 6 months. Having a timeframe will only make his situation worse, we all know that there is no guarantee that his money may grow or decrease after that. He should have to risk the money he can take to lose.
A bank is a good option to put the funds to safety, rather than investing it in crypto with only limited time.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
November 12, 2019, 09:24:02 PM
If you want just to save your money in crypto, it's the best choice to store it in stable coin. But if you want some profit, you can choose one of the top 5 coins in coinmarketcap. But i won't recommend you to save all of your money in cryptocurrency. it has a high risk, you may have some loss because its fluctuations.

That's quite possible but from the fluctuation that we can experience, we cannot already consider our investment as a loss since the moment we sell our coins, that will be the start of loss. As we hold our funds with us, with a private key (and much safer with hardware wallet) we are still on track and the same way that determines loss will determine our profit and that is the market volatility/fluctuation. You can save your funds but make sure you are willing to wait whenever the market of your chosen crypto falls.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
November 12, 2019, 07:47:08 PM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
I am doing the same thing, saving any cryptocurrency that I earn in signature campaigns and air drops, but I save it in a wallet not in an exchange site. If you are afraid that a bank can take your money anytime, so does an exchange site. Imagine those accounts in Bittrex that was placed on hold without notifying the account owners that includes me. Thats why I am not that confident in saving my earned cryptos in an exchange site. Its a big NO.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Live with peace and enjoy life!
November 12, 2019, 07:41:21 PM
Yes. Invest in crypto with the amount you can afford to lose and not totally all your savings amount. You can still put some of your money in a bank because it would be totally safe in there. Investing in crypto might give you good profits but the time is still indefinite and due to price fluctuations, it will add more risks in your investment.
Activity: 652
Merit: 103
November 12, 2019, 06:13:40 PM
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
November 12, 2019, 05:30:20 PM
To me, this is very risky and it will be better for you to keep the money in fiat currency. Even you invested it in Bitcoin, it is still not 100% safe because this is crypto and they are highly volatile. None of us known what could happen tomorrow, therefore keeping the money that you want to use to buy house in an unregulated asset class is not a wise decision.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
November 12, 2019, 03:14:48 PM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?

Why not. Cryptocurrency has a great potential for growth, especially in the next two years, and if you want to increase money and make a big purchase, then this is a great option. However, you must understand that cryptocurrencies are highly risky and the last word is always yours. On the other hand, it is difficult to imagine an asset that could give a good profit. Definitely only cryptocurrency.
Activity: 906
Merit: 263
November 12, 2019, 02:52:18 PM
That's risky. If you fail it will end badly. This isn't really money you can afford to lose. Why don't you invest the money into a company or idea you have or some sort of business?
I would recommend you do that over risking it for crypto. Only risk crypto investments if you already have crypto from the start or if you have some extra money you can use to invest that won't shake your whole world if you end up losing it in the end. Something like a house is too much of a risk to be playing games with.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 12, 2019, 02:09:23 PM
I think it is a good choice, but I would rather not invest all your people in stable coins, it's good to invest some of it in top coins to get profit if you hold it within 6-12 months. And I think that will be more profitable than just investing in stable coins.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
November 12, 2019, 01:18:26 PM
Stable coins cannot make maximum profits, it is because the value of their token prices only follows the backed up currencies. But, if you want to invest in crypto by taking a big profits you can look at the Top 20 crypto currencies based on CMC or Coingecko. Do your research and analyze their development for your portfolio growth for the next 6 months. Goodluck!

Maybe it cannot maximize OP's profits but he preferred stable coins for himself because it might be the easiest way for him to secure his capital while earning profits even though it is not as big as when you invested it on coins that have higher volatility. Stable coins is a half savings and a half investment, so it is not that bad as a start for OP, assuming that he is a beginner or in the middle.
Stable coins are definitely not going to work. He needs to ponder p on his strategy. How is it possible to make profits from some asset that does not change its value? Stable coins are more of a saving as compare to an investment. For making big, a big time volatile crypto currency is required. The best is to invest in bitcoin as it produces the most profits. Ethereum is a bit slow one but can be trusted with reliability.
Activity: 661
November 11, 2019, 01:18:30 PM

The keyword here is "saving" for a house, so i will suggest putting your money in usdt/usdc/pax, then store in your private offline wallet (ledger or trezor). Please do not store in any exchange buy if you must, coinbase is good. Moreso, if you choose to invest the money, then my safest bet is on bitcoin
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
November 11, 2019, 12:56:21 PM
There are a lot of money worth thinking about investing instead of leaving your house in the bank. Choose the currencies that are highly appreciated by experts. Please do well.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
November 11, 2019, 12:45:57 PM
Stable coins cannot make maximum profits, it is because the value of their token prices only follows the backed up currencies. But, if you want to invest in crypto by taking a big profits you can look at the Top 20 crypto currencies based on CMC or Coingecko. Do your research and analyze their development for your portfolio growth for the next 6 months. Goodluck!

Maybe it cannot maximize OP's profits but he preferred stable coins for himself because it might be the easiest way for him to secure his capital while earning profits even though it is not as big as when you invested it on coins that have higher volatility. Stable coins is a half savings and a half investment, so it is not that bad as a start for OP, assuming that he is a beginner or in the middle.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
November 11, 2019, 10:15:09 AM
stable coin? Nah, that means you will be getting back your 40k after the 6 months without any interest. You can possibly invest it on currencies like btc,eth etc but can't predict the market turnout in the next six months
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
November 11, 2019, 10:02:16 AM
For the long term investing, buying the top altcoins and BTC can bring a good profit after a few years. Compound interest can be used for increasing the stack of holding cryptocurrencies, you need to make good research for choosing the potentially better projects. You can join the IEOs after taking your profits from the profitable altcoin trades or buy the promising altcoins for strong crypto portfolio, as you can see there are alternative choices depending on your experience, risk management.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 11, 2019, 09:43:47 AM
You can actually just save at home without the need to save in a bank. However, if you really want to use crypto services, it's better that you exchange your fiat money for stable coins. Because the money you have is clear what you want to use it for. So it's rather risky if you exchange it for other crypto coins.
Yes, if OP decided to exchange it to crypto such as bitcoin then it would be risky especially for an inexperienced investor. It is best to keep his funds or go for a stable coin, it either of them. Investment should be done only with the investment you can risk to lose, and not the reserved fund where will be using in an important investment such as paying a house.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
November 11, 2019, 09:24:19 AM
if lives in indonesia might be with interest as our projects of the label set with thename of DOGEM to attracts investors interest as migth to helps us on funding as completing tasks as preparing projects to deliver as expecting the lauching of service by the following year of 2020

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
November 11, 2019, 08:57:32 AM
In your case absolutely not. If you save up paper money you will need to deal with the inflation, but if you saving up money for example in a bank where it carries interest it just keeps the money's worth. but If you are still curious about cryptocurrencies I highly recommend you to invest somewhere from 10–20 percent of your savings. I think throwing all your eggs in one basket can indeed yield high returns if that market sees a boom. However, when a bust comes, and they always do, you could lose everything, EVEN a stable con is theoretical stable and there is no guarantee it remains stable.

Imagine that you had asked the question in December 2017 at peak Bitcoin and you put all in Bitcoin already. Your $40,000 would now be worth something around $20,000 after being as low as $9,000. If you can’t stomach losing 50 percent of your investment, you shouldn’t be investing it all in cryptocurrency. so never throw all your eggs in one basket. $10,000 in stocks, $10,000 in crypto, $10,000 in bank and etc. That way, if one market crashes, you didn't just lose your all savings.
Activity: 1120
November 11, 2019, 08:46:15 AM
You can actually just save at home without the need to save in a bank. However, if you really want to use crypto services, it's better that you exchange your fiat money for stable coins. Because the money you have is clear what you want to use it for. So it's rather risky if you exchange it for other crypto coins.
Pages:
Jump to: