Pages:
Author

Topic: Saving for a House! - page 12. (Read 2354 times)

Activity: 535
Merit: 33
here we go
November 11, 2019, 08:38:22 AM
Yeah, stable coin are the best choice, like USDT (Tether) or USDC. And make sure you always follow the news about coin you choose, just in case.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 711
Telegram @tokensfund
November 11, 2019, 08:18:55 AM
I appreciate your thinking but it's too risky to invest your saving money for your own purpose, I know that the banking system is boring but you have to find a good place where your money kept safe and generate more money. if you really want to invest in this blockchain system then there is only one coin that's Bitcoin, I think if you hold Bitcoin for a couple of months then certainly it will bring to you a good amount of profit, but you have to take a high risk, here you have another option is Ethereum, which is also almost as same as Bitcoin, Ethereum price is also comparable to the Bitcoin's price because the trend is same so either Bitcoin or Ethereum could be the choice for you.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
November 11, 2019, 08:05:13 AM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?

No, never risk the money that is intended for your house as there is no guarantee you'll succeed in investing.

Stable coin is good but the risk of your money getting hack in an exchange is high compared to your money put in the bank, why? because bank do have an insurance policy to cover your deposits, most exchange does not have any.

To take a high risk makes a very miserable in the end so better to assure everything first by having an alternative solutions. Each of us have our own way to take a risk in which it may a good for all and for many but to think about our way of living might be affected just like the house. I hope you may think it all over again before the final decision you've made.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
November 11, 2019, 06:07:17 AM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?

No, never risk the money that is intended for your house as there is no guarantee you'll succeed in investing.

Stable coin is good but the risk of your money getting hack in an exchange is high compared to your money put in the bank, why? because bank do have an insurance policy to cover your deposits, most exchange does not have any.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
November 11, 2019, 01:44:19 AM
That kind of money is not playing, everyone will be tempted by these numbers and want to get it. this is my suggestion, if it happens to me. 70% of my assets are stored on reliable, stable coins. the reason is to keep from losing assets, and keep in mind, buy them at a low price, like Tether came down to $0.90. and 30% as capital for investment or even trading crypto coins or local shares, although this is a bit of a risk but it can be as capital to process your finances.
Activity: 896
Merit: 305
www.thegeomadao.com
November 11, 2019, 01:25:23 AM
stable coins don't give us a big advantage compared to other coins or altcoins, but they can still provide benefits. the risk of stable coins is also not too big, I suggest doing it 50:50 on bitcoin and stable coins (usdt) from the change of both will still generate profits.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 11, 2019, 01:08:03 AM
in my opinion, investing in bitcoin today will be profitable than investing in some altcoin because of the incoming halving next year
but always remember investing in crypto is risky
to make sure that you will not lose your money just hold it in your own pocket
To be honest, altcoin has a bigger room for profitability compare to bitcoin because altcoin do have a lot of options in the market while in terms of bitcoin, you will be sticking to bitcoin only. There are hundreds of altcoin that have potential and can give you hundreds of return in just a few weeks or months and they are just waiting for you to be discovered.
Activity: 962
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
November 11, 2019, 01:05:37 AM
in my opinion, investing in bitcoin today will be profitable than investing in some altcoin because of the incoming halving next year
but always remember investing in crypto is risky
to make sure that you will not lose your money just hold it in your own pocket
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
November 11, 2019, 12:51:32 AM

I don't think this is a good idea. Stay away from risky investments when it comes to money allocated to anything of importance. The safest thing you can do is investing it on secured bonds, deposits and other sort of investments. These investments won't generate big income but it is safe and secured.

I also fucked up when in 2018 I poured thousands of dollars in crypto believing I could earn profit so I can buy a more expensive property. The money in the end cannot even afford the cheapest property on my list of choices.

Investing in crypto is just like gambling because the price is so speculative and when we think we'll get much profits but what happened is the opposite. And when we think we will get loss, we'll gain much profits. So, cryptocurrency is so undpredictable and the best way to invest is having a concept of nothing to lose, so we are not worrying about our investment
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
November 11, 2019, 12:32:28 AM

I don't think this is a good idea. Stay away from risky investments when it comes to money allocated to anything of importance. The safest thing you can do is investing it on secured bonds, deposits and other sort of investments. These investments won't generate big income but it is safe and secured.

I also fucked up when in 2018 I poured thousands of dollars in crypto believing I could earn profit so I can buy a more expensive property. The money in the end cannot even afford the cheapest property on my list of choices.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
November 10, 2019, 11:51:22 PM
If you are investing it for you to grow what you have now, investing in stable coin will not be a good option. But, investing in other altcoins or even bitcoin might put your funds at risk. We don't know what might happen in the next 6 months and that is a huge amount of money. If you are a risk taker and you trust that the market will be good 6 months from now, take the risk and invest it in bitcoin. But make sure not to leave it in any exchange and secure it somewhere safe like a hard ware wallet.

We should also take note that either Bitcoin or altcoins have no assurance and guarantee that you will earn a can make a house for a year, it still depends on the situation, if you are making it long term, possible but always double check the updates and news for any tokens/coins that you are holding at. As per me, I don't invest with the coins I am not sure of, I am just holding Ethereum and Bitcoin at the moment, and some of my profits, I am saving for my dream house. 
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
November 10, 2019, 11:34:45 PM
Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
No, but you can store it in stablecoins but your money will not grow. However if you are willing to invest and sacrifice your savings then buy Bitcoin but it will not guarantee you a profit in 6 months period setting it long term will give you higher chance. If your practical you could somehow invest your money in small business to roll your money and make descent profit.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
November 10, 2019, 10:56:21 PM
If you are investing it for you to grow what you have now, investing in stable coin will not be a good option. But, investing in other altcoins or even bitcoin might put your funds at risk. We don't know what might happen in the next 6 months and that is a huge amount of money. If you are a risk taker and you trust that the market will be good 6 months from now, take the risk and invest it in bitcoin. But make sure not to leave it in any exchange and secure it somewhere safe like a hard ware wallet.
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
November 10, 2019, 10:42:45 PM
Stable coins can be an option because the value of voting follows the USD 1: 1 Currency. This will be very safe for you to save money without the need for deductions. But do not save in altcoin, because it is very risky. If you want to invest in bitcoin it's also good, but it's better for longterm and must know the movements of the bitcoin market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
November 10, 2019, 10:05:40 PM
Basically from the concept of the white paper developed by Satoshi, you can be your own bank. In this idea, what you need to understand and figure out is how you can store your crypto to a place where you are the only can access it. And the best option to do it is for you to have your own bank which is a hardware wallet. Many of the users here are suggesting that you can use a stable coin such as USDT.

And USDT is the current best stablecoin

Incorporate USDT in your hardware wallets such as ledger nano or trezor, and through that, you can secure your funds like your own personal bank.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
November 10, 2019, 09:39:03 PM

If the aim is to invest or speculate, stable coins are not the right choice. Stable coins will not provide any benefit in the long or short time because the price is pegged with dollars. In my opinion, if you want to invest safely for the short or long term, Bitcoin can be a good choice
40k is such a huge amount and it would be very risky if you put it all in crypto. Maybe a half of it you can invest it into bitcoin because it will surely make profits and the other half of it place it in a bank or maybe other investments aside from crypto. Don't put all your money in just a single investment especially crypto because its price is very volatile that it could go up or down any time.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
November 10, 2019, 09:03:13 PM

If the aim is to invest or speculate, stable coins are not the right choice. Stable coins will not provide any benefit in the long or short time because the price is pegged with dollars. In my opinion, if you want to invest safely for the short or long term, Bitcoin can be a good choice
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
November 10, 2019, 07:16:04 PM
I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time
Does anyone deposit money in the bank? Instead of losing my money because of this decision, I prefer to be stolen by someone. lol. Or finding something that can keep its value, as you say.

Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
I do not trust stablecoins personally, but it might be a good option for you.

Or why do not you keep your money in any safe place? What about depositing to forex brokers like Oanda or LCG? Do not trade, just leave it there.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 10, 2019, 01:52:12 PM
Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?

If you're really keen to store your money in crypto specifically on a stable coin then my answer is yes because the risk of losing your money is very minimal since stable coin price don't fluctuate that much like other coins but you should know that you won't get good returns either so it is safer to keep the money yourself  if you don't trust the banks.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
November 10, 2019, 01:20:57 PM

That is a lot of money for me I think, if you are really planning to put it all in crypto please bear in mind that your money could end up worst thant what you are fearing when putting it on a bank, it could be gone in an instant. Aside from alts, you better leave for btc i guess, that is a wise thing to do I think.
I also think that using such money to invest in a crypto is best to choose the most low-risk strategy and Bitcoin is the most reliable currency for such an investment
Pages:
Jump to: