Pages:
Author

Topic: Say goodbye to cheap water? - page 2. (Read 1213 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
July 14, 2015, 01:23:30 PM
Since water get more expensive, try to save water as much as you can because not all people as lucky as us. Just look on Africa land mostly for example. They are lack of water for drinking and sanitation. But people can help each other to transport clean water to isolated area as long as our goverment also help us
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
July 14, 2015, 12:53:27 PM
Yeah, I agree, but now technology are more advanced, so I guess water can still be easily retrieved from seawater through desalination or other methods, and I guess the real problem is the transport of water for countries that do not have such technologies, and unable to have their own water sources, at the same time a poor country, then yes, its a serious problem.

Oil will soon run out, and there must be a replacement, or a new way to create more oil if possible, but still, this wont happen any time sooner, so its still safe to relax a bit for now, ultimately, it all comes down to the country's economy.

No actually making drinkwater from seawater through desalination is extremely expensive because of the power needed to run the devices.

In the future it might get cheaper but right now it is very expensive.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 14, 2015, 10:41:52 AM
Drink Beer, Save Water.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
July 14, 2015, 10:22:05 AM
Say goodbye for cheap air?
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
July 14, 2015, 10:08:28 AM
Yeah, I agree, but now technology are more advanced, so I guess water can still be easily retrieved from seawater through desalination or other methods, and I guess the real problem is the transport of water for countries that do not have such technologies, and unable to have their own water sources, at the same time a poor country, then yes, its a serious problem.

Oil will soon run out, and there must be a replacement, or a new way to create more oil if possible, but still, this wont happen any time sooner, so its still safe to relax a bit for now, ultimately, it all comes down to the country's economy.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 14, 2015, 10:00:13 AM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-new-water-barons-wall-street-mega-banks-are-buying-up-the-worlds-water/5383274

Apparently over the last few years billionaires and mega banks have been buying land over aquafers, lakes, water tech companies...saying water will be bigger than oil was in the last 100 years.  Honestly, it's scary to think of what might come of this...skyrocketing prices for a necessity like water...but with everything going on right now, it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Pages:
Jump to: