Pages:
Author

Topic: Say NO to GMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - page 4. (Read 8932 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
For the sake of argument lets say there is no war like you say.... what about Fukushima? Almost half of the worlds oceans are devoid of life because of this, and 15 out of 15 tuna contain elevated levels of radiation, but nukes are great right!?

Er... care to provide a citation for that claim? Half of the world's oceans are most certainly not "devoid of life" and certainly not because of Fukushima.

dude, don't argue.

-> http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/mar/10/fukushima-operator-dump-contaminated-water-pacific
-> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2013/08/130807-fukushima-radioactive-water-leak/

we're fucked. Cheesy

Fukushima is something to be very concerned about.
The lack of updates in the U.S. media is also "interesting".
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Decades in a very short period.  Several civilizations have collapsed due to internal tensions - for example Western Europe regressed after the collapse of the Roman Empire and apparently the population of Rome itself fell over 80%. 

Certainly civilizations can and do fall all the time, but other civilizations continue. I agree that decades is a short period, but what historical record we have suggests that nuclear technology decreases the likelihood of warfare rather than increases it, due to the threat of mutually assured destruction, which is what kept the cold war, cold.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
For the sake of argument lets say there is no war like you say.... what about Fukushima? Almost half of the worlds oceans are devoid of life because of this, and 15 out of 15 tuna contain elevated levels of radiation, but nukes are great right!?

Er... care to provide a citation for that claim? Half of the world's oceans are most certainly not "devoid of life" and certainly not because of Fukushima.

dude, don't argue.

-> http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/mar/10/fukushima-operator-dump-contaminated-water-pacific
-> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2013/08/130807-fukushima-radioactive-water-leak/

like a cancer that will spread into the Earth's lungs (eg. oceans):

we're fucked. Cheesy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
My father has been talking about this GMO food, he calls it "trangenic-food" though.

Either way I look at it, we're screwed whenever corporate officials make lucrative decisions and have the wealth to manipulate the world into thinking its for the best, regardless of the outcome.
But hey, if it gets too bad they can always give us a "We're sorry" speech.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

conspiracy?
are you living on earth??

google eugenica bill gates  Shocked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyAJZVARPw

i think that you dont need google for nwo (nsa etc...)

w o w
Cheesy Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Some GMO is harmless, it's just a twist on evolution.
Other GMO is horrific, like crops with the pesticide "programmed" into the seeds.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
my brother's gf is obsessively against gmo foods, she only eats raw fruit and veg grown locally.
Activity: 354
What are GMOs?
GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria,
 viruses or other plants and animals. These experimental combinations of genes from different species cannot occur in nature
 or in traditional crossbreeding.
Virtually all commercial GMOs are engineered to withstand direct application of herbicide and/or to produce an insecticide.
 Despite biotech industry promises, none of the GMO traits currently on the market offer increased yield, drought tolerance,
 enhanced nutrition, or any other consumer benefit.
Meanwhile, a growing body of evidence connects GMOs with health problems, environmental damage and violation of farmers’ and consumers’ rights.

Among the many reasons 90% of what I eat is locally grown.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Technological progress will ''reset'' planet (A bomb, H bomb, AIDS, GMO, Chemtrails, etc.)

We've had the technological ability to destroy our own civilization for decades and have so far managed to refrain from doing so. In fact, since acquiring such technology, open warfare between major powers has become pretty much non-existent. AIDS isn't a technology but a disease... one that is now treatable (thanks to technology), and will soon be cured. "Chemtrails" are conspiracy theory nonsense, and GMOs are a boon to humankind.

Decades in a very short period.  Several civilizations have collapsed due to internal tensions - for example Western Europe regressed after the collapse of the Roman Empire and apparently the population of Rome itself fell over 80%. 
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Technological progress will ''reset'' planet (A bomb, H bomb, AIDS, GMO, Chemtrails, etc.)

We've had the technological ability to destroy our own civilization for decades and have so far managed to refrain from doing so. In fact, since acquiring such technology, open warfare between major powers has become pretty much non-existent. AIDS isn't a technology but a disease... one that is now treatable (thanks to technology), and will soon be cured. "Chemtrails" are conspiracy theory nonsense, and GMOs are a boon to humankind.
 No open warfare? LOL I think we have a prosock here.

For the sake of argument lets say there is no war like you say.... what about Fukushima? Almost half of the worlds oceans are devoid of life because of this, and 15 out of 15 tuna contain elevated levels of radiation, but nukes are great right!? This is just ONE PLANT. The State I live in has ELEVEN such MOX reactors. This disaster is just beginning to unfold.

GMO foods are one of the most destructive things ever created, and by the time people like you realize it it will be too late because the damage is done. If you disagree then go fix Fukushima for me and I will agree with whatever you want.

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
You can't win an arms race with evolution.
The 'pests' will win every time.

Who says? Technological progress can be a heck of a lot faster than natural evolution.

Who says? Technological progress can be a heck of a lot faster than natural evolution.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
can someone tell me: why are people against GMO? I can't find any medical literature which suggests its toxic for the body.
  Try reading the thread.
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
But the big companies only think 3 months head, if at all.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
can someone tell me: why are people against GMO? I can't find any medical literature which suggests its toxic for the body.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Showing a chart of past and projected population growth is not empirical data to support your claim. You have shown no evidence population growth has anything to do with GMO food, you simply put the two ideas next to each other and claim, based ON YOUR BELIEF that they are causally related. Additionally overpopulation was not the subject in question. Try again.
Activity: 294
GMOs are pretty much the only plausible way to feed the Earth's ever increasing population with the nutrients they need to live healthy lives. Opponents of GMOs that slow the deployment of GMO products in developing nations are letting their ill-founded "principles" get in the way of life-saving technologies that could be preventing hundreds of millions of people from suffering starvation, malnutrition, and disease.
 There is absolutely ZERO empirical data to back this statement up. I know the words make you feel all warm and fuzzy like you are helping people, but it is not. All the data I have looked into shows if anything GMO foods cause MORE STARVATION. How is this possible you ask? Well when you are in a poor country and your food crops are grown from "terminator" seeds that will not produce fertile seed stock, you are forced to buy expensive seeds EVERY YEAR. If you are already starving how do you afford this?  Additionally BT products are creating BT resistant super pests that are devastating crops because they have evolved a resistance to the BT poison. Just look at how many Indians have committed suicide because of the starvation brought on by GMO products, then tell me again how it is feeding the worlds starving any better than natural foods.

ZERO data? How about this data? You do realize the earth can only support so many people, and is not infinite is resources?

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
GMOs are pretty much the only plausible way to feed the Earth's ever increasing population with the nutrients they need to live healthy lives. Opponents of GMOs that slow the deployment of GMO products in developing nations are letting their ill-founded "principles" get in the way of life-saving technologies that could be preventing hundreds of millions of people from suffering starvation, malnutrition, and disease.
 There is absolutely ZERO empirical data to back this statement up. I know the words make you feel all warm and fuzzy like you are helping people, but it is not. All the data I have looked into shows if anything GMO foods cause MORE STARVATION. How is this possible you ask? Well when you are in a poor country and your food crops are grown from "terminator" seeds that will not produce fertile seed stock, you are forced to buy expensive seeds EVERY YEAR. If you are already starving how do you afford this?  Additionally BT products are creating BT resistant super pests that are devastating crops because they have evolved a resistance to the BT poison. Just look at how many Indians have committed suicide because of the starvation brought on by GMO products, then tell me again how it is feeding the worlds starving any better than natural foods.
Pages:
Jump to: