Pages:
Author

Topic: Saying hello, and have a few questions - page 2. (Read 45067 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 09:10:28 AM
As soon as Bitcoin appeared, very many were able to earn on time to buy it for a smaller amount.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 4195
diamond-handed zealot
February 25, 2018, 02:46:34 PM
actually, he is at it again...on lightning network this time

this guy sure likes his expensive pizzas  Grin

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2018-February/001044.html
Activity: 70
February 25, 2018, 01:57:28 PM
I spent it all on pizza long ago:  https://blockchain.info/address/1XPTgDRhN8RFnzniWCddobD9iKZatrvH4

3-4 years ago there were less than 100 people frequenting this forum, and I was pretty happy to trade 10,000 coins for pizza.  I mean people can say I'm stupid, but it was a great deal at the time.  I don't think anyone could have known it would take off like this. Smiley

Laszlo

So you are the crazy guy. By the way, are you having some change in your pockets? Meaning, a few millions? If you heard of Bitcoin of that long, you should still be doing great with money now. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
February 25, 2018, 12:58:34 PM
Laszlo, you're a legend in the Coinosphere and today just confirmed it Wink
Activity: 79
February 17, 2018, 10:54:01 AM
 I am a new bitcoin user and I am starting to generate some of my own coins. And I mean people can say I am stupid, but it was great deal at the time.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
February 03, 2018, 03:45:30 AM
1 BTC sent your way you Bitcoin legend  Grin

Wow thanks, I do still have access to it.  You should never delete a wallet, even if you've spent what was 'in' it.
I appreciate the donations, but nobody owes me anything.. I generated my share and I spent it, it was just at a time when the value was lower, but so was the generation difficulty, and the block reward was 50.

Laszlo

If only more people here from your time were as humble with their opinion as you are lol About that pizza thing.. have you still got the number of the guy you paid those 10k coins to?? lol

Do not forget that he contributed to the project in other tangible ways.

The guy did write the first ever GPU miner ffs.

If it were not for the pizzas, the faucets, and all the alpaca socks there is no way in hell we would be where we are today.

We would be. perhaps a bit more late and maybe would have thanked another Laszlo.

....a mythological character everybody in the community will keep talking about generation after generation.

Bruh! that's deep, are you from Tibet or something?
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
January 29, 2018, 01:40:07 PM
Do not forget that he contributed to the project in other tangible ways.

The guy did write the first ever GPU miner ffs.

If it were not for the pizzas, the faucets, and all the alpaca socks there is no way in hell we would be where we are today.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 10:47:50 AM
Yes, I think that Laszlo will receive donations on that wallet for the rest of the life of Bitcoin, just like people do donations in the memory of the saints. Don't get me wrong: Laszlo has absolutely no merits. Nor guilt for having spent all his Bitcoins when they had no value. Merit and guilt are all just in our imagination. But Laszlo happened to be the focus of one of the first narratives in Bitcoin's history, and this made him an archetype, a mythological character everybody in the community will keep talking about generation after generation.
Not too bad anyway - huh?
Activity: 15
January 29, 2018, 10:13:46 AM
Wealth is not everything at the end of the day. Becoming Muslim is the best thing which can happen to a person.
I wish you happiness and contentment in life.
---> Wishes of a king never come true however the basic needs of a common person can be fulfilled easily.
Activity: 4
September 22, 2017, 04:17:00 AM
I ended up getting 2 AMD Radeon 5970s with the bitcoins I was exploiting, but at the time, the OpenCL libraries from AMD and nvidia were all really buggy and I could never work properly with Many GPUs. I also did work at the time and so I never finished it. I ended up leaving only a bitcoin on the record drive for a few years, then it exploded and people started asking me about the merchandise trades. I am a Bitcoin millionaire, I can tell everyone the same thing, to make myself a little interesting hacking target
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2017, 05:45:05 AM
Bitcoin is not exactly $4000 at the moment but it is predicted it will reach this amount by the end of this year.

4210 USD today :-)

Ente
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
August 14, 2017, 04:42:00 AM
It's kind of funny to read these old posts and see how people threw bitcoins at eachother. lol Smiley

If you google OP's address there are several addresses with 100btc that have remained untouched since 2011.

most likely lost

Ouch. This was like one of the first old posts address I followed and already so much btc lost. I wonder how much of the 12 mil that are out there now are still in circulation and accessible.

As Satoshi said it himself..... lost coins are like donated coins..... to EVERYONE. So i dont mind lost coins at all.... i wish half of that 12 millions are lost.... Cheesy

Imagine in the future if btc would hit 100.000$, people are gonna start teaming up to hunt these lost address down and try to access them.

Actually, why haven't they already started?

But bitcoin so far was 3200$ almost, its too far in reality to 100K$ before it happens I think it will take decades before it reach that amount.
I guess there's a miracle happen were bitcoin becomes 100,000$ so that many of the bitcoin enthusiast instantly become a millionaires for sures.
Bitcoin is now $4000+. We all agree with this point that the prices are going to boost up in future but what will be the highest price that Bitcoins will be able to touch, is something that I think is unknown to everyone at the moment. Let’s wait and watch. I do not want to give the wrong idea but bitcoin holders will be the rich people of future also.
Bitcoin is not exactly $4000 at the moment but it is predicted it will reach this amount by the end of this year. Do correct me if I am wrong! I will highly appreciate it. I agree with this point that no person can predict the highest target it is going to achieve. Also, you are not pushing false ideas into anyone about the new generation of rich people. We all are aware of this fact already.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
August 13, 2017, 10:29:18 AM

Bitcoin is now $4000+. We all agree with this point that the prices are going to boost up in future but what will be the highest price that Bitcoins will be able to touch, is something that I think is unknown to everyone at the moment. Let’s wait and watch. I do not want to give the wrong idea but bitcoin holders will be the rich people of future also.

From here on out the "price" of bitcoin as measured in central banker confetti is kind of meaningless. 

They can create ANY amount of fiat currency.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
August 13, 2017, 03:53:41 AM
It's kind of funny to read these old posts and see how people threw bitcoins at eachother. lol Smiley

If you google OP's address there are several addresses with 100btc that have remained untouched since 2011.

most likely lost

Ouch. This was like one of the first old posts address I followed and already so much btc lost. I wonder how much of the 12 mil that are out there now are still in circulation and accessible.

As Satoshi said it himself..... lost coins are like donated coins..... to EVERYONE. So i dont mind lost coins at all.... i wish half of that 12 millions are lost.... Cheesy

Imagine in the future if btc would hit 100.000$, people are gonna start teaming up to hunt these lost address down and try to access them.

But bitcoin so far was 3200$ almost, its too far in reality to 100K$ before it happens I think it will take decades before it reach that amount.
I guess there's a miracle happen were bitcoin becomes 100,000$ so that many of the bitcoin enthusiast instantly become a millionaires for sures.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
August 10, 2017, 09:54:04 AM

most likely lost

this post was on 2010, this show that how people in the past tackled about the price of coin but it is not only 100$ we want it to 100000$ and wait the time for it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
August 10, 2017, 12:34:47 AM

most likely lost

Activity: 100
August 09, 2017, 12:33:25 PM
I spent it all on pizza long ago:  https://blockchain.info/address/1XPTgDRhN8RFnzniWCddobD9iKZatrvH4

3-4 years ago there were less than 100 people frequenting this forum, and I was pretty happy to trade 10,000 coins for pizza.  I mean people can say I'm stupid, but it was a great deal at the time.  I don't think anyone could have known it would take off like this. Smiley

Laszlo

Don't know if you're still coming here, just thought I'd let you know i was explaining bitcoin pizza day to someone who has no idea about bitcoin the other day, in other words.... you are as much a part of the bitcoin story as, dare I say it, Satoshi. Thanks for giving BTC a value.
Activity: 56
August 09, 2017, 11:39:44 AM
10k bitcoins 31m for pizza Sad
WHYYYYYYYY!!!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
error
August 06, 2015, 05:14:05 AM
Pics are still in the same location for anyone interested.  I didn't trade bitcoins for the child - she's my daughter, Amy.  Only the pizza was traded.

http://eclipse.heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/pizza/

I would pay 10000 BTC (if i had them) TODAY for this pizza!!! It looks so delicious  Smiley

LASZLO is a F*CKING legend in Bitcoin history. It is for people like him that bitcoin became so huge. Thank you mate
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

Laszlo

wouldn't u be a hero member by now?

doesnt have to be, as bitcoin was not so much "a thing" back then, and alot of people went in and out on bitcoin.
but that pizza story truly is epic and shows how much patience sometimes pays off.
personaly i woudnt want to be that guy, but then again , we may also be the funny guys in history, selling for under 1k; one never knows
cheers
IIRC the guy who bought pizza for 10k coins said in his OP (or maybe in the thread where he made his offer) that he had mining hardware that could easily generate 10k+ coins per month and he actually did it a couple of times. Assuming he did not completely cash out, he likely has a good amount of coins in his possession. It may not be millions of dollars worth, but certainly a good amount by most people's standards.
Pages:
Jump to: