Pages:
Author

Topic: (SC) Sia Speculation - page 3. (Read 8486 times)

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
June 07, 2016, 12:36:38 AM
Have fees been paid to Sianote holders yet? How does that work?
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
June 07, 2016, 12:34:46 AM
Will  offical Siacoin wallet be released this June?

The plan is for 1.0 and a GUI wallet to release on June 28th or thereabouts
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
June 07, 2016, 12:30:49 AM
Will  offical Siacoin wallet be released this June?
legendary
June 07, 2016, 12:19:55 AM
I don't even...

#trading on the Sia slack is just as confused, with 1.0 being delayed speculation was for a small drop not a sudden rise. It's madness in there.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
June 06, 2016, 11:49:44 PM
Holy wow.  87 satoshi and still going.....  Shocked 

In fact this pattern looks a lot like a larger fractal of the previous pattern.  Could we see a massive volume green candle in the next few days? 

Activity: 445
Merit: 255
June 06, 2016, 03:45:21 AM

Oh ye of little faith  Tongue

Even though you missed the boat, it's been great to see your threads and have your support. The votes of confidence that we get from key players in the cryptocurrency space keep us motivated.  We're glad to have gotten so much working already, and excited for what's coming in the next month.

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched (and it won't be an "experimental" launch; that is all part of 0.6.x development and testing).

I would say now is a good time to re-enter Sia. It is down that 53-54 sats and seems to have hit a resistance level there. I doubt it will go much lower.

Good luck on whatever path you choose!

I did some soul searching and realized that I needed to diversify a little out of Monero into a couple of other worthwhile projects.  So I swallowed my pride and rebought Sia for 56 satoshi just now.  I expect it could drop to as little as 40 satoshi, but I'm willing to ride that ride.  Smooth is right - the Chinese tech fans can be voracious when they catch wind of a new fascination, and there are a lot of good things (honest good things, not empty hype like some of these recent ICOs) on the horizon for SC. 

So I'm back in for approximately 20 million Sia.  It's a shame I didn't just hold what I had back a couple of months ago, but I won't make that mistake again.  I've seen how many commits you guys have made to the project and I feel like there are good things to come.  Good luck to you for the upcoming June milestone!
I mine and bought sia since almost the begining. But I sold most of my stack around the 20-70 sat, I was convinced sia will go back to 15-20 at least once, especially with the btc rise. It seems I was wrong! Surprising to see it is able to not only remain in the 50-70 range  but to break out to new range with the current btc rise.

legendary
June 06, 2016, 03:29:59 AM
http://forum.sia.tech/topic/185/1-0-update-june-28th-release-with-graphical-ui

1.0 release was delayed.

Taek  ADMINS 3 days ago

We've decided as a team to delay the 1.0 release until June 28th, for two primary reasons.

We want the 1.0 release to have a GUI.
We want the 1.0 release to have a wallet that unlocks instantly instead of taking 5+ minutes.
For this reason, 1.0 is being delayed, but will be released with both of those features in place. In addition, we should be able to get a number of wallet recovery and consolidation features polished which currently only have weak support.

For developers waiting for a stable API, we plan on having a stable API sooner than June 28th, perhaps as early as June 14th. We appreciate your patience as we take the time to make sure things are done correctly.

v0.6.1 is almost complete, there is a bug that needs to be fixed before we can create the RC, but the first release candidate should be available early next week. The primary feature in v0.6.1 is renter renewing, however we've also fixed a few bugs, fixed a security vulnerability, and made a small number of user experience improvements.

As for speculation. I think we can touch 100 sat this month if the UI works out in a user friendly manner with the 1.0 hype.
June 06, 2016, 01:39:03 AM
Wow, amazing trading day.  Could we see 100 satoshi this month?  Go go YUNBI power friends!
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
May 28, 2016, 01:29:10 AM
I actually sold it all for a few satoshi profit and flipped back into Monero back in April.  I made half a bitcoin profit at most.   Cry 
If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched ...
Based on that I'd guess "what will happen" (with respect to price) will depend more on what large Chinese exchanges do than on what versions are launched.

If this was a typically vanilla altcoin, I would agree. But there is a significant difference between SC and a "payments" coin. SC will not compete with other coins to become yet another payments protocol. Rather, siacoin serves the purpose of mediating payments for file storage. So, I do think that the 1.0 launch, with an consumer oriented UI and API for 3rd party developers, will boost the utilized storage volume, and therefore also Siacoin price (since renting storage on the network requires the uploader to pay with Siacoin).
May 27, 2016, 08:53:38 PM

Even though you missed the boat, it's been great to see your threads and have your support. The votes of confidence that we get from key players in the cryptocurrency space keep us motivated.  We're glad to have gotten so much working already, and excited for what's coming in the next month.

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched (and it won't be an "experimental" launch; that is all part of 0.6.x development and testing).

I would say now is a good time to re-enter Sia. It is down that 53-54 sats and seems to have hit a resistance level there. I doubt it will go much lower.

I did some soul searching and realized that I needed to diversify a little out of Monero into a couple of other worthwhile projects.  So I swallowed my pride and rebought Sia for 56 satoshi just now.  I expect it could drop to as little as 40 satoshi, but I'm willing to ride that ride.  Smooth is right - the Chinese tech fans can be voracious when they catch wind of a new fascination, and there are a lot of good things (honest good things, not empty hype like some of these recent ICOs) on the horizon for SC. 

So I'm back in for approximately 20 million Sia.  It's a shame I didn't just hold what I had back a couple of months ago, but I won't make that mistake again.  I've seen how many commits you guys have made to the project and I feel like there are good things to come.  Good luck to you for the upcoming June milestone!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
May 27, 2016, 08:47:06 PM
I actually sold it all for a few satoshi profit and flipped back into Monero back in April.  I made half a bitcoin profit at most.   Cry 

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched ...

Based on that I'd guess "what will happen" (with respect to price) will depend more on what large Chinese exchanges do than on what versions are launched.

EDIT: To be clear this is not meant to demean the work that I'm sure is going into 1.0, just a reflection on how the things that move markets are not always the things we think "should" move markets.
May 27, 2016, 06:29:49 PM

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
May 25, 2016, 11:34:54 PM
I speculate that AP has made a huge profit on Siacoin so far. Nice pick dude.

It's my loss for not having conviction in my holdings; I need to stay diversified and not keep all my eggs in one basket.  I may look for a new entry if Siacoin consolidates in coming weeks from its recent exuberance.  Despite me missing the boat however, I am thrilled at the thought that others may have profited from Sia - good stuff.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
May 25, 2016, 11:16:56 AM
what can we expect from here of Sia?
May 24, 2016, 03:08:31 AM

It's my loss for not having conviction in my holdings; I need to stay diversified and not keep all my eggs in one basket.  I may look for a new entry if Siacoin consolidates in coming weeks from its recent exuberance.  Despite me missing the boat however, I am thrilled at the thought that others may have profited from Sia - good stuff.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
May 24, 2016, 02:56:02 AM
May 24, 2016, 02:40:46 AM
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
March 27, 2016, 11:36:00 PM
Go long on Siacoin. SC has formed a Saucer bottom. It's My opinion that it's only a matter of time before SC will explode straight up.
March 27, 2016, 05:13:02 PM
according to the calculations of blocks and checking with other data, the approximate total number of coins 300000 unit can reach 45-50 bill coins, but after 300k block is the number, i.e. its gain will decrease to the reward of 30,000 coins per block, i.e. the total number of coins in 5-7 years can reach about 55-60 bill coins, let me remind you that this data is not accurate

After block 270,000 the reward will be 30'000 coins per block. That should make it's inflation rate very low at that point in time. Too lazy to do exact calculation at this point.

Some graphs here:
http://siapulse.com/page/market
Pages:
Jump to: