Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAM ALERT: spendbitcoins.com / Jeremy West - page 2. (Read 9841 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 18, 2011, 02:53:31 AM

If ignorance is bliss, you must be happy as fuck...

How far does someone have to go on these forums until they get banned? Not only has poster been repeatedly obnoxious on these forums (via post history), but has also sent me abusive private messages that I am happy to turn over to moderators if they want to investigate further....

There's a link at the bottom right of the private message that lets you do exactly that. Just click it. Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 18, 2011, 02:50:06 AM

Lol, stop crying, If you try to hijack my account sale threads begging for donations like the pathetic looser you are, then expect to get called out on it.  nuff said.

What's a looser?

my bad; 'its luzer*

Whose luzer?

dammit, Lex Luther*
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
November 18, 2011, 02:42:46 AM

Lol, stop crying, If you try to hijack my account sale threads begging for donations like the pathetic looser you are, then expect to get called out on it.  nuff said.

What's a looser?

my bad; 'its luzer*

Whose luzer?
November 18, 2011, 02:36:08 AM

What's a looser?

my bad; 'its luzer*
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
November 18, 2011, 01:07:46 AM

What's a looser?
November 17, 2011, 07:46:12 AM

How far does someone have to go on these forums until they get banned? Not only has poster been repeatedly obnoxious on these forums (via post history), but has also sent me abusive private messages that I am happy to turn over to moderators if they want to investigate further....

Forward them to me
Activity: 173
November 17, 2011, 06:55:29 AM

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
November 17, 2011, 05:03:55 AM
I'm going to chime in here as I've done business with Jeremy West many times and found him to be one of the most honest traders in the community. There have been several times where I've made errors that would have allowed Jeremy to bilk me out of Bitcoins but, each time, he acted with the utmost professionalism and concern for customer service. It seems other here have had similar experiences with him.

This sounds like you're pissed off because something didn't go your way and you're wanting to blame someone other than yourself for that. As for me, I have done and will gladly continue to both do business with and recommend Jeremy's business with confidence.

Regards,
TMA
November 15, 2011, 05:45:32 PM
These are all facts.
You scammed yourself.

What was lost ? the respect of the forum members reading this for calling out a respected member of the community and looking like a cry baby in the process.

....get over it.

This.

I'll call you a waaaaaambulance.

Activity: 127
November 15, 2011, 04:42:09 PM
These are all facts.
You scammed yourself.

What was lost ? the respect of the forum members reading this for calling out a respected member of the community and looking like a cry baby in the process.

....get over it.

This.

I'll call you a waaaaaambulance.

Activity: 490
November 13, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
Can't comment on whether or not a scam or scammer is involved.  But I can confirm that the auction was edited and reopened after it ended. 

I was interested in bidding myself, but after talking to the old ball and chain, determined that we didn't have the date available...
Activity: 67
November 12, 2011, 07:13:16 AM

Got no issues with Jeremy, he's a good guy Smiley
Merit: 501
November 12, 2011, 01:22:02 AM
Hey, at least there is an Auction Subforum now that doesn't allow for deletes/edits.  At least SOMETHING good came out of this.

Great news!
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
November 12, 2011, 12:19:23 AM
Hey, at least there is an Auction Subforum now that doesn't allow for deletes/edits.  At least SOMETHING good came out of this.
November 11, 2011, 07:39:18 PM

First off I think you mean "had" not "made".  Secondly, specifying material losses shows where you're empty logic is headed.

Riddle me this, if I cock-slap your mother, what material losses will you have?  I Bet you still wouldn't appreciate it.

-Chief

What the fuck are you talking about?  Huh
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
November 11, 2011, 05:52:32 PM
These are all facts.
You scammed yourself.

....get over it.
Activity: 518
November 11, 2011, 05:50:09 PM
Life isn't fair.  so?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
November 11, 2011, 08:08:39 AM
Jeremy West is a very honest person, and I consider him a friend - that is all Smiley

November 11, 2011, 07:05:27 AM
Inaba what material losses have you made as a result of being "scammed"?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
November 11, 2011, 01:01:47 AM
The rules did not clarify that it wasn't an eBay-style auction, but no one else bid like it was an eBay-like auction.  In fact, I can't think of another time on this forum (or any forum that I frequent that allows auction threads) when the seller allowed an eBay-like bid.  That's why I'm so flabbergasted that Inaba is making such a big deal out of this.  It was assumed that it wouldn't be eBay-style bidding, because no one ever bids that way on a forum.

Are you intentionally being obtuse or do you really not understand the problem?

Chieffery is right, it's pointless to argue about it.  Jeremey lied and cheated and nothing is going to change that.

Here are the facts once more for you SgtSpike and anyone else reading, since you and other seems to be unable to grasp the simple logic that this entire farce revolves around:

1. Jeremy posted an auction with no reserve.  He specified a specific end time.
2. I made the last bid for +1 BTC higher than the highest bidder up to a maximum of 66 BTC.
3. Antares made a 35 BTC bid before my posted my 66 BTC maximum bid.
4. Antares edited his bid to reflect a higher price so that he would come out ahead.  I edited my bid to reflect the final price, which is the same price I originally bid.
5. Antares and I agree on what the original bid sequence was and who the highest bidder was.

These are all facts.  These are all undisputed.  Your argument seems to revolve around the fact that it wasn't an "ebay style auction," which I disagree with, but have ALREADY SAID on several occasions I will grant you that for the sake of your argument.  That being the case, my 66 BTC bid would stand as the maximum bid prior to the auction closing (or 100BTC if you want to take Antares misrepresentation of the facts, but in either case the actual BTC amount is functionally irrelevant since he agrees whatever it was was higher than his final bid). 

So the facts are, no matter what style the auction was, my highest bid was the last highest bid.... whether that bid was 36, 66 or 100 BTC - my bid was still the highest bid.  Jeremy felt that he did not get enough value for the auction, so decided to "extend it" with out consulting me as the highest bidder.  In fact, without contacting me AT ALL.  This is not the actions of an "honest" businessman.  An honest person would have made at least the attempt to contact the highest bidder and explain the situation before trying to squeeze more money out of people.  Instead he "extended" the auction and made it a "silent auction" even AFTER my maximum bid was made public knowledge, thereby putting me at a great disadvantage in bidding. 

The bottom line is, no matter how you want to say this auction was structured, my bid was the highest bid.  This is an agreed upon fact by both parties in dispute.  As such, Jeremy defaulted on the auction so that he could obtain a higher amount, instead of selling it for the agreed upon price.  He did not even try to work with me (and I am a very reasonable person if someone makes even minimal effort), but instead tried to suck as much BTC out of people as he possibly could.  He is, by any definition, a scammer.

Pages:
Jump to: