Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam: OnionWallet - page 2. (Read 14510 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 11, 2013, 01:11:03 PM
Ranlo,

Do you have any suggestions on Trusted, Anonymous Wallets? 

Yes, very easy.

1. Get Address and private key from www.bitaddress.org
2. Print your keys
3. Send BTC to that address.
4. keep private key away from the computer.

EASY!

bitadress is a scam

Is Bitaddress truly a scam as well?
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
June 11, 2013, 08:42:36 AM
Ranlo,

Yes, very easy.

2. Print your keys

EASY!

bitadress is a scam
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
June 11, 2013, 08:08:59 AM
I feel sorry for you, there's so much scam out there... Watch out, everyone!!

You are correct!!!!

I came here for help, have been called stupid, an idiot, douche, etc. and as soon as I got a little bit of nothing, they swooped in. HA! They are fucking up Crypto Currency, and the reputation of the countries where they are scamming from. The $US dollar is the only way to fly, I am sticking to dealing only with USA citizens, and FTW! If you need to be anonymous, you are a crook!

The Illuminati is on it.

-Branzig.

Oh, and if I have offended anyone, I am sorry, and by the way, fuck you!

Thank you for your positive contribution to the community.
Activity: 316
@WizardOfOre
June 11, 2013, 08:05:34 AM
I feel sorry for you, there's so much scam out there... Watch out, everyone!!

You are correct!!!!

I came here for help, have been called stupid, an idiot, douche, etc. and as soon as I got a little bit of nothing, they swooped in. HA! They are fucking up Crypto Currency, and the reputation of the countries where they are scamming from. The $US dollar is the only way to fly, I am sticking to dealing only with USA citizens, and FTW! If you need to be anonymous, you are a crook!

The Illuminati is on it.

-Branzig.

Oh, and if I have offended anyone, I am sorry, and by the way, fuck you!
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
June 11, 2013, 07:59:12 AM
Why are people using so many new online wallet services? It's quite obvious that they are unsafe.
Activity: 316
@WizardOfOre
June 11, 2013, 07:58:27 AM
      You need to report this to the Bitcoin.org media people, send an email to each media person, include your information, include your block address link, also report this to Blockchain as well, You will get no response from Bitcoin Forum and don't trust any of the assholes here, they are all scammers, the same thing happened to me at bitcoinwallet.in

Report this to everyone you can, my BTC was sent to the same address and it is there, BlockChain is investigating it, and YOU need to report the right away to every media person on the list at bitcoin.org, this includes the CEO of Bitpay, a reporter for The Gaurdian, Washington post, Financial market reportes, etc...

TRUST no one on Bitcoin Forum, it is safe to assume that anything they tell you is a lie. When you mention a scam in a scam thread the cockroaches come out of the walls.

FTW!!!! I am glad I killed all those people. Semper Fi til I die!
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
June 11, 2013, 07:48:54 AM
Use only wallet sites you trust. don't send people your money for free.
legendary
June 11, 2013, 05:20:24 AM
I made a prank bet here to prove once and for all that "trustworthiness" doesn't count (and got exactly what I deserved: see my title). The community is a bit more suspicious of anonymous and even public services these days, but they still fawn over flashy money tossers too easily (the "boy's club" of bitcoin) and think that anyone who mimics their libertarian philosophies must be a saint.  Roll Eyes

With the rise of bitcoin prices, the biggest scams have yet to even happen I'm sure.

Lol, I never even saw that title. But who can NOT trust a guy with cool dogs as his avatar?

Why, cats of course.  Cheesy

Sir, it would appear you never met...

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 11, 2013, 05:13:35 AM
I made a prank bet here to prove once and for all that "trustworthiness" doesn't count (and got exactly what I deserved: see my title). The community is a bit more suspicious of anonymous and even public services these days, but they still fawn over flashy money tossers too easily (the "boy's club" of bitcoin) and think that anyone who mimics their libertarian philosophies must be a saint.  Roll Eyes

With the rise of bitcoin prices, the biggest scams have yet to even happen I'm sure.

Lol, I never even saw that title. But who can NOT trust a guy with cool dogs as his avatar?

Why, cats of course.  Cheesy
legendary
June 11, 2013, 05:11:14 AM

June 11, 2013, 05:08:58 AM
Ranlo,

It does suck that I had to be the first to report this but if you look at http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH it looks like this guy has been at it for a while.

I just wish I could find out who the scammer was...anyway, at least I still have 2.5 BTC left.  I was "smart enough"...if that can be said when scammed...not to send but a small amount of my total Sad

The closest thing to a trusted anonymous wallet is the trusted wallet you run on your own computing device. It is actually hard to get more anonymous than running a local wallet.

Most tor hosted mixers and wallet services you simply have to assume are scams until demonstrated otherwise.

In practice, an anonymous wallet or mixer that has demonstrated they are not a scam, are merely long cons (mybitcoin.com) or sleeping trojans.

You lost me with that link. It forwards to bitcoin.org...?

I can't explain why that is, but here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MyBitcoin (it may have been before your time).

TL;DR? They stole 51% of everyone's money, tracing them showed an anonymous registration in a country known for anonymous shell companies .

This is definitely before my time (only been around a few weeks). And wow... based on the article they seemed to be pretty trustworthy.

legendary
June 11, 2013, 05:07:06 AM
Ranlo,

It does suck that I had to be the first to report this but if you look at http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH it looks like this guy has been at it for a while.

I just wish I could find out who the scammer was...anyway, at least I still have 2.5 BTC left.  I was "smart enough"...if that can be said when scammed...not to send but a small amount of my total Sad

The closest thing to a trusted anonymous wallet is the trusted wallet you run on your own computing device. It is actually hard to get more anonymous than running a local wallet.

Most tor hosted mixers and wallet services you simply have to assume are scams until demonstrated otherwise.

In practice, an anonymous wallet or mixer that has demonstrated they are not a scam, are merely long cons (mybitcoin.com) or sleeping trojans.

I can't explain why that is, but here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MyBitcoin (it may have been before your time).

TL;DR? They stole 51% of everyone's money, tracing them showed an anonymous registration in a country known for anonymous shell companies .

This is definitely before my time (only been around a few weeks). And wow... based on the article they seemed to be pretty trustworthy.
June 11, 2013, 05:04:49 AM

Then if they turn out to be long cons, then they haven't properly demonstrated that they aren't scams.

That's true in theory, but in practice, it's impossible to "prove" something isn't a scam. MtGox could be a scam just waiting for enough money to sit there before taking off for all we know, that doesn't mean they haven't given properly demonstrated that they aren't a scam. That's why anything anonymous should be boycotted from the start. It's hard enough keeping a public business honest, doing business with an anonymous private one is basically gambling with your money.
Activity: 700
June 11, 2013, 05:02:16 AM

Then if they turn out to be long cons, then they haven't properly demonstrated that they aren't scams.
June 11, 2013, 05:01:43 AM
Ranlo,

legendary
June 11, 2013, 05:00:12 AM
Ranlo,

June 11, 2013, 04:58:20 AM
Ranlo,

Activity: 700
June 11, 2013, 04:57:19 AM
Ranlo,

I just wish I could find out who the scammer was...anyway, at least I still have 2.5 BTC left.  I was "smart enough"...if that can be said when scammed...not to send but a small amount of my total Sad

legendary
June 11, 2013, 03:47:34 AM
Ranlo,

Yes, very easy.

2. Print your keys

EASY!

I took his question as meaning an online wallet though, like one where he just logs in and has access to his balance to spend as he wants.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 11, 2013, 03:31:27 AM
Ranlo,

Yes, very easy.

2. Print your keys

EASY!
Pages:
Jump to: