Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam: OnionWallet - page 3. (Read 14510 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
June 11, 2013, 03:23:11 AM
Ranlo,

Do you have any suggestions on Trusted, Anonymous Wallets? 

It does suck that I had to be the first to report this but if you look at http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH it looks like this guy has been at it for a while.

I just wish I could find out who the scammer was...anyway, at least I still have 2.5 BTC left.  I was "smart enough"...if that can be said when scammed...not to send but a small amount of my total Sad

The only wallets I use are those that are in my own possession, so sorry, can't really help you there if you want one that's hosted.

I'd highly suggest just getting a wallet on your PC.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 11, 2013, 03:16:21 AM
Proving once again, anonymous + business = joke
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 11, 2013, 03:14:49 AM
I feel sorry for you, there's so much scam out there... Watch out, everyone!!
Activity: 4
June 11, 2013, 03:13:54 AM
Ranlo,

Do you have any suggestions on Trusted, Anonymous Wallets? 

It does suck that I had to be the first to report this but if you look at http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH it looks like this guy has been at it for a while.

I just wish I could find out who the scammer was...anyway, at least I still have 2.5 BTC left.  I was "smart enough"...if that can be said when scammed...not to send but a small amount of my total Sad

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
June 11, 2013, 03:09:56 AM
Onionwallet (Onion wallet) is a SCAM.  Prior to using the Onionwallet site, I could not find any reviews on the site.  Well, I was just robbed for about $165 from that site.  Here is how it went down...beware and don't make the same mistake I did.

1.  I deposited <1 BTC into 2 different accounts
2.  I received a message that my BTC transfer was being processed (correct amount shown)
3.  After 45 minutes, the BTC was simultaneously taken out of both accounts
4.  The BTC, according to blockchain, was placed into 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH       
        reference:  http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH
5.  I am no longer able to log in to either account, as the site is a scam itself.

What is the tell tale sign is that the OnionWallet site will allow me to create a new account and log into that account; however, I cannot log into the accounts that I deposited in.  After feeling something was fishy, I used blockchain.info to figure out exactly where the BTC went and that my accounts in OnionWallet are empty.  My password is abstract, and I take good care to maintain its confidentiality.

Are there many scam wallet sites out there like Onionwallet?  I researched OnionWallet before I deposited, but there was no one saying that it was a scam.  One look at the blockchain 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH let's me know that this guy has been scamming quite a bit.

Sad for sure....Anyone have any suggestions on a trustworthy, anonymous wallet site out there?

Sucks that this happened! I always do a lot of research and speak to people before I send anything, although I get that someone has to be "the first." Sad
Activity: 4
June 11, 2013, 03:06:33 AM
Onionwallet (Onion wallet) is a SCAM.  Prior to using the Onionwallet site, I could not find any reviews on the site.  Well, I was just robbed for about $165 from that site.  Here is how it went down...beware and don't make the same mistake I did.

1.  I deposited <1 BTC into 2 different accounts
2.  I received a message that my BTC transfer was being processed (correct amount shown)
3.  After 45 minutes, the BTC was simultaneously taken out of both accounts
4.  The BTC, according to blockchain, was placed into 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH       
        reference:  http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH
5.  I am no longer able to log in to either account, as the site is a scam itself.

What is the tell tale sign is that the OnionWallet site will allow me to create a new account and log into that account; however, I cannot log into the accounts that I deposited in.  After feeling something was fishy, I used blockchain.info to figure out exactly where the BTC went and that my accounts in OnionWallet are empty.  My password is abstract, and I take good care to maintain its confidentiality.

Are there many scam wallet sites out there like Onionwallet?  I researched OnionWallet before I deposited, but there was no one saying that it was a scam.  One look at the blockchain 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH let's me know that this guy has been scamming quite a bit.

Sad for sure....Anyone have any suggestions on a trustworthy, anonymous wallet site out there?
Pages:
Jump to: