Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Report: Projects - page 3. (Read 25696 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
June 30, 2014, 03:40:11 PM
I returned from vacation yesterday to receive a nice surprise. A concrete, positive development in the case.
I'll be touching base with the respective law official and asking a few questions in the next few days - what data can I share without jeopardizing the case, etc.

For now I'll just say I am extremely optimistic that David Williamson will be held legally accountable for his actions.

Nice work. Please keep us all updated with information that will not make things worse.

Good idea to keep it general as you did in your last post.  Smiley
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x
June 30, 2014, 02:21:43 PM
I returned from vacation yesterday to receive a nice surprise. A concrete, positive development in the case.
I'll be touching base with the respective law official and asking a few questions in the next few days - what data can I share without jeopardizing the case, etc.

For now I'll just say I am extremely optimistic that David Williamson will be held legally accountable for his actions.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 30, 2014, 07:36:29 AM
information ?
his dox was release a while ago wasnt it.
their was even an article in some UK paper from the guy here who went to cops..

but yeah, any updates Huh?
seems like the guy turned/was/is a junkie

I think his information should be release publicly
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
June 29, 2014, 06:00:17 PM
I was contacted by the police a couple of days ago. I need to file a report. So things are still happening. I guess we'll find out when they've collected all the information they can.
legendary
Activity: 1274
June 28, 2014, 08:05:29 PM
Any updates on this guys?
legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 14, 2014, 10:31:18 AM
saw your letter to the paper, good job on that.
knee cappings now need to take place,  i reko with publicity and donations you lawyer probs get you off.
edit this wasnt to say violence is is the anser but its getting beyond a joke and it beyond a joke stage a loooong time ago.
i guess everyone is happy with the current state of affais :/                 
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
June 14, 2014, 04:27:27 AM
Chainsaw any updates on this?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
March 28, 2014, 08:36:24 AM
EDIT: So far, 4 have contacted me. I've gotten them the contact information for the law enforcement agency(ies). I know at least 10, maybe 15? people were affected.  This has been a rapid, good start. Let's make sure everyone that needs to hear this message, does.
You might want to shoot a quick PM to everyone in this thread to speed up the process.
March 27, 2014, 06:23:09 PM
Thanks Chainsaw - I'm just about to compose my email to them Smiley

Cheers
x
March 27, 2014, 09:10:55 AM
It's time!!!

I've been working with a couple agencies on this case, lining up data, dotting i's, crossing t's.
The case is now ready to get additional claims added on.

Send me a PM with an email address. I'll get you the contact information for the guy putting the case together.
I also ask that you give anyone else you know that might have been scammed by Projects a heads up.

At this point, the work should, hopefully, be easy for others adding on to the claim.
Roughly speaking, you'll have to gather up evidence you have of the transaction and send it.
The person you work with will guide you in all of this.

As a first step, he is just looking to get initial contact - so he can get a rough head count of the number of people involved. So, no need to wait until all your data is organized before proceeding.

TL;DR: PM me with an email address to get you more info, if you've been scammed by Projects (David Williamson). Let others know to do so as well. Try to do this in the next few days if possible.

Thanks!

EDIT: So far, 4 have contacted me. I've gotten them the contact information for the law enforcement agency(ies). I know at least 10, maybe 15? people were affected.  This has been a rapid, good start. Let's make sure everyone that needs to hear this message, does.
x
March 04, 2014, 11:24:00 AM
Another positive advancement in the case today.
Things are looking more optimistic than I'd allowed myself to get.

I know an update this vague isn't terribly helpful; mostly I wanted those still following to know things are moving forward.

I'd also remind anyone still on the fence, I'd suggest you file sooner rather than later.

cshelswell - shoot me a PM. I should get you in contact with an investigator. So far he is only aware of myself and an individual from Portugal.
I can get you a name.

I'm hoping to be able to be more explicit and public with updates within a month or so.

Unrelated...such a heavy topic needs a bit of levity.
A good friend of mine just released a rather cathartic song about Mt. Gox's failings, Mt Gox Erupting. (lyrics posted on thread, along with link to song).

When you get hit with so much bad news at once, sometimes all you can do is try to sit back and enjoy the show  Grin

Activity: 742
Circle gets the Square
March 03, 2014, 07:25:00 PM
Wow!

Just seen this thread... Very sad. Sold many coins to David in the past and never once had a single problem. My friend was out a lot of money for awhile but it eventually arrived.

Sorry to hear this for whoever has lost out.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 25, 2014, 12:27:45 PM
It's a shame people can change so much...

I sold some BTC to projects a while back (a long time back, actually), and everything was fine.

*sigh*. It's a shame noone can be 100% trusted in this world.

I hope David gets what he deserves (that's the bank name he used, so I'm using it).

Liam
February 15, 2014, 12:53:22 AM
Filed my report. Hopefully it helps. Would be great to sort this guy out.

Thanks for the hard work Chainsaw
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
February 14, 2014, 09:13:28 PM
What would be required to get in on this case?

Read Chainsaw's posts in this thread.  He did a good job of explaining what needs to be done in his previous posts in this thread.  He also provided a link to the website where you need to file a report with law enforcement in Britain.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
February 14, 2014, 08:28:02 PM
What would be required to get in on this case?
x
February 14, 2014, 07:12:38 PM
Being intentionally vague, things advanced nicely today.
It might be good to start pondering whether or not each of you intends to add yourself to the case. That way, when that time comes, you'll already know the answer and won't have to worry about time pressure being added on top.

I'm far more optimistic today than I was at the outset.

It may be up to a month before I have a next, concrete update.
Activity: 242
Merit: 110
February 09, 2014, 01:41:10 PM
I have not been online for a few weeks and have been trying to get hold of Projects. Only now have I seen this thread. I had done quite a few transactions with him throughout 2013 andf I always sent first with no problems to him sending after.

I lent him 5 btc in December which he was to repay in full in March!

What is the latest news with Projects? I cant believe he would turn out to be a scammer he had been very trustworthy in the past.
Activity: 366
Merit: 258
February 04, 2014, 07:08:25 PM
Ouch...

Thanks for being so forthright about the issue Jamie.

PM me and I'll send you one of our Titan Bitcoins as a consolation.  I hate to hear about people getting burned with anything related to physical bitcoins.

That's incredibly gracious of you - thanks so much!

No problem.

As for Projects...I hope you nail him to the wall.
x
February 04, 2014, 06:50:51 PM
Ouch...

Thanks for being so forthright about the issue Jamie.

PM me and I'll send you one of our Titan Bitcoins as a consolation.  I hate to hear about people getting burned with anything related to physical bitcoins.

That's incredibly gracious of you - thanks so much!
Pages:
Jump to: