Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Report: Projects - page 10. (Read 25696 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 05, 2014, 05:30:58 AM
When he offered the miners to me he said knc wouldn't change the post address which I found difficult to believe. He also sounded far too desperate despite saying knc could refund him in full a few days later. I nearly called him out on it but instead decided it was a due diligence fail, just said no, and left it at that.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 05, 2014, 03:48:08 AM
In case this needs to be added to anyone's report.

I am so fortunate to have avoided this.
 Sad

EDIT:
Who is spearheading the legal proceedings? 
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 05, 2014, 01:28:31 AM
lol was projects the guy who for the last 12+ months took out loans, then more loans to keep paying back the loans, and more loans etc etc..
like literally every 2 weeks he'd have a new loan to pay back the old one.  was funny to see in the lending section a while ago.

if its the same dude... jeeez didn't see this coming... cough..cough..
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
January 05, 2014, 01:24:46 AM
@BCB didn't we have a conversation about Projects via PM on your other site earlier last year? He seemed kinda shady back then but seemed to be paying back his loans...

Don't remember.  Let me check.

Don't think so.

epiks went rogue back in 2012. Similar story. 
January 04, 2014, 10:56:06 PM
If anyone requires the PMs that Projects sent me, let me know and I will release them to you.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
January 04, 2014, 10:47:40 PM
@BCB didn't we have a conversation about Projects via PM on your other site earlier last year? He seemed kinda shady back then but seemed to be paying back his loans...
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 04, 2014, 10:01:52 PM
Salty, I don't suppose you are able to give out his IP address, are you?

Administrators are the only ones with access to IPs. IPs aren't normally given out, even when we think they should be, because it can cause legal trouble for us and fundamentally we are big on privacy, however if someone files a police report against Projects, I'm sure Theymos would be happy to oblige.
January 04, 2014, 09:57:04 PM
I should add that in Projects' PMs to me, he stated he was in the EU.

Told me he was in the UK.

I'm quite sure that Project is in the UK (Scotland) I shipped a few high value Silver/Gold packages to him, and I'd imagine he would use his real address and phone number, for when customs called and told him he had to come in and pay VAT before he could pick up the package. I had sent this information to Chainsaw already, and would be happy to give it to anyone who was scammed.

I've got a Cellphone number and address.

Salty, I don't suppose you are able to give out his IP address, are you?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 04, 2014, 09:47:42 PM

I'm quite sure that Project is in the UK (Scotland) I shipped a few high value Silver/Gold packages to him, and I'd imagine he would use his real address and phone number, for when customs called and told him he had to come in and pay VAT before he could pick up the package. I had sent this information to Chainsaw already, and would be happy to give it to anyone who was scammed.

I've got a Cellphone number and address.
legendary
Activity: 1274
January 04, 2014, 09:36:08 PM
His MO in dealing with me calling him out was exactly like in this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/resolved-266672

In which he apologized for the problem, and was doing everything he could to right the situation. What makes a good member go bad? I mean, this is really really bad.
BCB
vip
BCJ
January 04, 2014, 09:29:51 PM

legendary
January 04, 2014, 09:12:12 PM
Yeah, Not sure what happened here. He claimed to have KNCMiner Jupiters for sale. I Send him 25BTC, he gave me a tracking number for a packed shipped from UK to a different state, Funny thing is he RETURNED 15BTC to try and get me to not leave him a bad trust rating! Weirdest scammer ever!

Total Amount scammed out of: 10BTC

I would like that deal. David, could you send me 60% back too? Better than zero ..

Damned right. I'll take whatever right now. Then sue him for the rest.

Id offer not to sue. And I keep my word.

If only - it's worth a try - you never know.

If anyone wants or needs PMs or other info, feel free to ask. If you want anything posted here i'm game also.

Here's the tracking he gave me for the Jupiters Tracking RJ315893682GB

He is sure good at stretching out his scamming that's for sure. Played hard on his 100% positive trust.

Activity: 111
January 04, 2014, 08:59:04 PM
Yeah, Not sure what happened here. He claimed to have KNCMiner Jupiters for sale. I Send him 25BTC, he gave me a tracking number for a packed shipped from UK to a different state, Funny thing is he RETURNED 15BTC to try and get me to not leave him a bad trust rating! Weirdest scammer ever!

I would like that deal. David, could you send me 60% back too? Better than zero ..

If only - it's worth a try - you never know.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
January 04, 2014, 08:57:42 PM

Activity: 111
January 04, 2014, 08:56:15 PM

legendary
January 04, 2014, 08:54:44 PM

legendary
January 04, 2014, 08:46:06 PM

January 04, 2014, 08:27:10 PM
BCB
vip
BCJ
January 04, 2014, 03:49:34 PM
That is exactly what this scam form is for, as difficult and embarrassing as it may be to admit you've been scammed (it happens to everyone at some point).

Hopefully the action the victims are collectively taking will be worth the effort.

Just my 2c I don't think the most scammers don't think they won't get caught.  They just get into a desperate situation, caused by drugs or alcohol or financial desperation that causes them to cross the line.  They get in to a "buy now pay later" sort of mentality, sort of like a gambler on a massive loosing streak hoping that the next payout will be a jackpot and he'll be able to get back to break even.  And we all know how that usually turns out.

I recently watched a boring but somewhat interesting documentary called "Unraveled" about Marc Dreier who was convicted of investment fraud using a ponzi scheme to sell $700M USD in promissory notes.  In it Dreier is remarkably candid about what he did and why he did it.  It is an interesting character study.

I'm in no way defending Projects or other scammers.  Just curious as to what makes them do what they do.  I personally don't understand it.

legendary
January 04, 2014, 03:44:15 PM
Wow.

Did I dodge a bullet here, or what?  Was about to buy some upgrade modules off him & also use him for an escrow.
My gut didn't tell me not to do it, my wife suggested that I take a break from computers.

Saved me probably about $30,000... -shakes head-
Such a shame.

I'm glad you were saved from this.

Go do something nice for your wife Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: