Pages:
Author

Topic: Scamcoin Special Episode - Let's Talk Bitcoin! show - page 3. (Read 1740 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
The alt-coins that I'm currently holding a lot of aren't scam coins.
The alt-coins that I don't hold any of are scam coins.

There, just saved you a lot of trouble.
Ta Da!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The alt-coins that I'm currently holding a lot of aren't scam coins.
The alt-coins that I don't hold any of are scam coins.

There, just saved you a lot of trouble.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
TO the community using an alt coin there is no benefit to them when a chain is premined. Simple as that.

What?

You know Satoshi mined a quarter million Bitcoins, right? Bitcoin is the original premined coin.

And it's the only case where it was acceptable, because he was the first adopter of decentralized cryptocurrency and it's got to start somewhere to create the network.

The problem is, that's no longer the case.  There is already a functional standard, many in fact.  So why create a new coin that offers nothing but an easy thing for miners to produce lots of in the hopes that it catches that 1/1,000,000th chance of blowing up.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
TO the community using an alt coin there is no benefit to them when a chain is premined. Simple as that.

What?

You know Satoshi mined a quarter million Bitcoins, right? Bitcoin is the original premined coin.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Any person premining a chain then releasing is only hoping to get rich quick. IT is bullshit essentially.

Just my two crypto cents.  Cheesy
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Hi everybody,
So we've been seeing quite a few new alt-chains release which is totally great!  Only problem is, it seems like instead of doing innovative things or adding improvements, instead they're just coins that are easy to mine but which don't actually have any advantages besides being new. 

This means they basically have no chance of succeeding, and instead of "IPO" coins where they are pre-mined, then released on one small exchange so "suckers" will buy them hoping to be buying early, but in fact they're buying late.

The miners sell, and this continues until people figure out that the coin doesn't actually have a chance in hell, at which point it collapses and the miners move on to a new coin.

I'm looking for suggestions of what you would consider a "Scam Coin" - What the benefit is of pre-mining, what alt-coins are NOT scamcoins.  Looking for people both for and against various coins, we want to represent a variety of perspectives.

This show will run middle of next month, we'll be recording interviews over skype with stakeholders in the next two weeks.  Please post your interest here, email me at [email protected], or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Adam B. Levine
Editor-in-Chief
Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Pages:
Jump to: