Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer tag: Nefario. - page 3. (Read 17462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 19, 2012, 11:06:09 AM
Nefario did not shut down GLBSE...

https://glbse.com/
GLBSE is closed
Please login to get your bitcoin and assets.

You are dense as fuck. Ever thought of changing your username from Goat to Donkey?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
October 19, 2012, 10:07:48 AM
I also do not understand why when I ask them to explain why I only get insulted

Because I did explain, almost two weeks ago. Like I said, I'm not going to explain myself over and over just because you don't like the answer, and not doing so doesn't make me wrong, just means I find repeating myself annoying. At some point we just have to agree to disagree. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1258773

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
October 19, 2012, 09:20:09 AM
You know its going to be a good day when Goat, and two Moderators are arguing amongst themselves, making them look like jackasses. Moderator calling out other Moderators, and Goat being involved? (Well I guess the Goat thing is normal) but Badbear, you should really be ashamed of yourself...

Protecting your reputation as a "scammer investigator" Roll Eyes. You once tried to threaten someone with a scammer tag for saying he slept with Pirate's sister as a joke. I'm glad theymos doesn't trust you enough to apply tags yourself, that looks to have been a good call on his part.  

Yeah that sure is the attitude that makes someone want to use the forums, mods bashing other mods... Feel free to have different opinions, but I believe you two should probably have some sort of professional relationship? You are representing BTC-Talk, and its looking more and more like a shit hole every day because of these long drawn out drama threads.

WHEN THERE IS A SCAM INVESTIGATION, AND THE PERSON GETS THE TAG, LOCK THE THREAD! Do we really need to discuss it for the upcoming few years?

It would be nice to know why some one got a tag...

aren't you just upset that he didn't get the tag for delisting your assets, but instead for shutting down a major exchange with no warning, leaving investors in the black, with asset holders and listers scrambling for a way to fix this, but instead of providing any info at all, or any form of solution, just not responding at all?

If you are genuinely interested in Nefario's scammer tag for reasons other than what I said, then I apologize.

*Edit*  ^ Apologize to Goat, not Badbear for looking like an ass.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
October 19, 2012, 09:11:53 AM
You know its going to be a good day when Goat, and two Moderators are arguing amongst themselves, making them look like jackasses. Moderator calling out other Moderators, and Goat being involved? (Well I guess the Goat thing is normal) but Badbear, you should really be ashamed of yourself...

Protecting your reputation as a "scammer investigator" Roll Eyes. You once tried to threaten someone with a scammer tag for saying he slept with Pirate's sister as a joke. I'm glad theymos doesn't trust you enough to apply tags yourself, that looks to have been a good call on his part.  

Yeah that sure is the attitude that makes someone want to use the forums, mods bashing other mods... Feel free to have different opinions, but I believe you two should probably have some sort of professional relationship? You are representing BTC-Talk, and its looking more and more like a shit hole every day because of these long drawn out drama threads.

WHEN THERE IS A SCAM INVESTIGATION, AND THE PERSON GETS THE TAG, LOCK THE THREAD! Do we really need to discuss it for the upcoming few years?
legendary
October 19, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
If I am wrong then you will have no problem explaining why you gave Nefario a scammers tag. If you will not explain then we will have to assume I am right or you can not defend your actions because you did wrong.

GLBSE is still operating, all Nefario has done is delist even more assets. You did not give him a scammers tag for delisting my assets, why did you do it for delisting the other 90%?

I would like to understand this if I am wrong cuz many people have lost a lot of trust in you, theymos and the forum over this...

That's fine, I have nothing to hide. I said I was undecided on that particular issue, and I need to be sure before applying the tag. I know you aren't really interested in facts or what I actually said though, so I won't bother  Wink. For the readers, I would advise you to take Goat's posts with a pinch pound of salt.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
October 19, 2012, 08:35:23 AM
Protip: Its really hard to tell massive incompetence from scamming.
legendary
October 19, 2012, 08:34:09 AM
Goat, I agree completely. You guys haven't seen this, but I've been very vocal about this behind-the-scenes ever since the tag was applied, with almost the same arguments. I was hoping that BadBear would listen, but at this point I need to start protecting my reputation by letting you guys know my position.

Are you sure you agree with Goat? As far as you've said you think Nefario doesn't deserve a scammer tag at all. Goat thinks he does, just not for the same reasons I do, which is fine. There may be other reasons for Nefario to have a scammer tag but since he already has one it's largely academic at this point.

Also, are you sure you have no conflict of interest here? I'm beginning to wish I hadn't been so quick to dismiss claims of you conspiring with Nefario earlier. Given things I have found out about others, I'm beginning to wonder if there's things about you we don't know. I do get the feeling that you're trying to protect something, but I don't think it's your reputation. You ruined your own reputation when you tried to force goat to take illegal actions in order to avoid getting a scammer tag (so Nefario wouldn't get it). Coercing someone to take illegal actions in order to protect Nefario is pretty scummy, and I'm glad others called you out on it before I had to step in, and also threatening to ban Goat for lying (when you didn't even know if he was). Then after you bowed out, you tried to secretly insert yourself back into the process for the sole and only purpose of denying the tag. Not even to give it out, just to deny it. And I turned you down saying it would look fishy, and it looks fishy that you even tried.   

Honestly I think you and Theymos are up for a scammers investigation for the misuse of the scammer tag.... Doing what is right for the wrong reasons is BS... You said Nefario had the right to delist any asset he wanted to and all he did was exactly what you said he could (delist all assets)! Why did he get the tag again?? What a fucking joke...

That's fine, I have nothing to hide. I said I was undecided on that particular issue, and I need to be sure before applying the tag. I know you aren't really interested in facts or what I actually said though, so I won't bother  Wink. For the readers, I would advise you to take Goat's posts with a pinch pound of salt.
legendary
October 19, 2012, 08:10:22 AM
Goat, I agree completely. You guys haven't seen this, but I've been very vocal about this behind-the-scenes ever since the tag was applied, with almost the same arguments. I was hoping that BadBear would listen, but at this point I need to start protecting my reputation by letting you guys know my position.

Are you sure you agree with Goat? As far as you've said you think Nefario doesn't deserve a scammer tag at all. Goat thinks he does, just not for the same reasons I do, which is fine. There may be other reasons for Nefario to have a scammer tag but since he already has one it's largely academic at this point.

Also, are you sure you have no conflict of interest here? I'm beginning to wish I hadn't been so quick to dismiss claims of you conspiring with Nefario earlier. Given things I have found out about others, I'm beginning to wonder if there's things about you we don't know. I do get the feeling that you're trying to protect something by trying to pressure me into removing the tag, but I don't think it's your reputation. You ruined your own reputation when you tried to force goat to take illegal actions in order to avoid getting a scammer tag (so Nefario wouldn't get it). Coercing someone to take illegal actions in order to protect Nefario is pretty scummy, and I'm glad others called you out on it before I had to step in, and also threatening to ban Goat for lying (when you didn't even know if he was). Then after you bowed out, you tried to secretly insert yourself back into the process for the sole and only purpose of denying the tag. Not even to give it out, just to deny it. And I turned you down saying it would look fishy, and it looks fishy that you even tried.  

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 19, 2012, 03:39:02 AM
If the securities on glbse are illegal it follows that glbse itself is illegal because Nefario issued securities for bitcoinglobal.

You are right!
Activity: 532
October 19, 2012, 02:36:05 AM
What's the position of the shareholders posting here regarding the overpayment fuck up?  If Nefario can't recover all of the overpayments, will BG's own remaining funds be used to top up the short-fall in preference to being used to pay Nefario's salary?

Customers should come before any wages/salary imo. It would be highly unethical to pay Nefario out of users funds.

Are you going to fire him now as CEO and let someone more qualified to handle the claims?

He should have been fired months ago.

I hope this gets the other partners to vote him out at least.
Wat
October 19, 2012, 02:31:08 AM
What's the position of the shareholders posting here regarding the overpayment fuck up?  If Nefario can't recover all of the overpayments, will BG's own remaining funds be used to top up the short-fall in preference to being used to pay Nefario's salary?

Customers should come before any wages/salary imo. It would be highly unethical to pay Nefario out of users funds.

Are you going to fire him now as CEO and let someone more qualified to handle the claims?

He should have been fired months ago.
October 19, 2012, 02:29:58 AM

Wat
October 19, 2012, 01:43:51 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2012, 01:40:42 AM
Activity: 496
October 19, 2012, 12:35:48 AM

So you don't think that Nefario's actions toward BitcoinGlobal shareholders were worthy of the scam tag?
Activity: 98
October 18, 2012, 10:27:08 PM
If the securities on glbse are illegal it follows that glbse itself is illegal because Nefario issued securities for bitcoinglobal.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
October 18, 2012, 09:52:04 PM
Hmm, if Nefario did shut it down without having a vote that does seem to violate the contract. However, is GLBSE really "shut down" as it is still operating? 

It seems to me that GLBSE has not been shut down but is now operating in a different way. GLBSE clearly has not been shut down so giving the tag for that is not just. You would have to show that in operating in this current way then Nefario is a scammer. However I don't think the by laws will support this. The whole point of a CEO is to take action when it is needed.  Since Nefario won the vote clearly he is supported and his actions are supported (why I have no idea).

The scammer tag for this was rushed and not well thought out. It more or less hurt the value of the scammer tag and the trust in the "judges" on the forum.

I strongly think Nefario is a scammer and maybe even a criminal but he has been given the tag in a way that is not just and done so for reasons that were not just.

The tag should be removed and reapplied in a just way.
Activity: 70
October 18, 2012, 01:38:45 PM
Keep in mind everyone was like oh yeah Nefario can delist any asset at anytime when he delsited mine... Now he just did the other 90% and people are like scammer, oh lol why?

Its okay to delist me but no one else? Lulz...

Seems to me like the scammer tag does nothing other than placate the masses into doing nothing about the scam.
October 16, 2012, 10:37:16 PM
BadBear decided to give Nefario the scammer tag for defrauding BitcoinGlobal shareholders, not GLBSE users.

Yeah, That is my point.

But he "defrauded" you by delisting all assets. Something that badbear said he had the right to do.

I just do not see what the issue here is...

GLBSE is clearly still operating and doing so in a way badbear said he could...

Seems highly hypocritical.

It is funny that bitcoin.me told them to give him a scammer tag yet they won't.  This is because if they do then all the partners of BitcoinGlobal deserve a scammer tag.
Activity: 496
October 16, 2012, 12:08:42 PM
He did not have the right, as CEO appointed by shareholders, to shut down GLBSE without shareholder consent. In doing so, he defrauded shareholders.

No, GLBSE is not operating. It is not collecting money from users for the service of listing and exchanging assets.
Pages:
Jump to: