Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer tag: Nefario. - page 6. (Read 17462 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
October 06, 2012, 11:51:23 AM
Well, competition in scammertag requests in an interesting application of the free market.

Also, as if nefario was ever going to come to 'merica after the refused him entry before, I'm sure he's not coming here after this.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
October 06, 2012, 11:47:19 AM
I think if nefario return all the bitcoins and the issuer-shareholder relationship database to GLBSE users, there will not be likely anyone suing Nefario and other GLBSE Global partners.. I don't think SEC will sue or after GLBSE persistently. SEC will just force GLBSE shut down by giving a warning. GLBSE is a very small business, SEC has something bigger to deal with its limited budget.

SEC will want to identify everyone involved to follow all the money flows to get to the big fish. For cooperation they might waive criminal charges, but I doubt they will let off GLBSE easily.

Any way I want

- my money back
 - compensation for loss of value while I couldn't dispose of my assets as I wished to.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 06, 2012, 04:00:58 AM
I thought bitcoin was just a very expensive version of Second Life.

lol so did I. Theres a stock market in second life  Cheesy

Every bitcoin venture should use a TOS similar to Second Life.
Activity: 686
Wat
October 06, 2012, 03:45:14 AM

lol so did I. Theres a stock market in second life  Cheesy

Activity: 532
October 06, 2012, 03:43:20 AM
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 06, 2012, 03:32:52 AM
I think if nefario return all the bitcoins and the issuer-shareholder relationship database to GLBSE users, there will not be likely anyone suing Nefario and other GLBSE Global partners.. I don't think SEC will sue or after GLBSE persistently. SEC will just force GLBSE shut down by giving a warning. GLBSE is a very small business, SEC has something bigger to deal with its limited budget.

Nobody knows at this point what legal issue has brought about the sudden closure of GLBSE because Nefario has so far refused to reveal that information.  While the catalyst may well have been the SEC's investigation into pirate, it could be the UK's FSA which has delivered the smack down.  While it's true that regulators rarely pursue criminal charges against small operators, that doesn't mean that they don't issue administrative penalties against small operators.  Regulators also decide to blitz specific types of illegal activity from time to time and they generally throw the book at anyone who gets caught during such blitzes.

That GLBSE was offering unregistered securities to the public is only one legal issue.  It also played a role in facilitating pirate's scam and that may create a bigger legal problem for the owners than simply operating an unregulated exchange.
Wat
October 06, 2012, 12:55:09 AM
Nefario is the operator and makes the day to day decisions. Theymos is the treasurer.

Anyone who knows anything about  associations or unions or even non profit orgs can tell you how that works.

It works that way if they're legally incorporated as such.  If they're not, the business has no separate legal status from the individuals who comprise it - all of the individuals.  Even if it was incorporated, the office-holders are legally liable and the treasurer is an office-bearer.

You cant sue people for obeying the law. Which is basically what Nefario is doing, and you cant force the shareholders to do something illegal. If it goes well people will get their coins back, it sucks that AMl is involved but you gotta do what you gotta do.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2012, 12:51:37 AM

Activity: 868
October 06, 2012, 12:44:23 AM
Nefario is the operator and makes the day to day decisions. Theymos is the treasurer.

Anyone who knows anything about  associations or unions or even non profit orgs can tell you how that works.

It works that way if they're legally incorporated as such.  If they're not, the business has no separate legal status from the individuals who comprise it - all of the individuals.  Even if it was incorporated, the office-holders are legally liable and the treasurer is an office-bearer.
Wat
October 06, 2012, 12:38:02 AM
Well considering that Theymos is part owner GLBSE, and the scams listed were perpetrated by GLBSE in an official capacity, shouldn't Theymos get a scammer tag too?

No, simply because nefario clearly was not involving the board. He did not follow their orders, he did not communicate with them, and now no one knows why the site is down.

I don't blame Theymos for selling his share in GLBSE, its a sinking ship.

Pfft. We now see the mods defending each other.
Part owner gets ripped off and that excuses the part owner from responsibility for customers getting ripped.
Why am i not surprised?

The company GLBSE took our assets.  The liability belongs to the company.  As for which individuals within the company the blame lies with, that's a matter for the company to sort out internally.

GLBSE isnt a company. According to the government only Nefario is responsible and anyone else associated with it is invisible. Which is why he wont be able to explain where all the money went.

Theymos has 600-800 btc of gblse assets. How can one say nefario is the only one responsible is hilarious.
Gblse are trying to get off a sinking ship without any crap hitting them as they jump.
Nefario is a perfect scapegoat.

Anyone who knows anything about  associations or unions or even non profit orgs can tell you how that works.

legendary
Activity: 2072
October 06, 2012, 12:26:36 AM
Well considering that Theymos is part owner GLBSE, and the scams listed were perpetrated by GLBSE in an official capacity, shouldn't Theymos get a scammer tag too?

No, simply because nefario clearly was not involving the board. He did not follow their orders, he did not communicate with them, and now no one knows why the site is down.

Part owner gets ripped off and that excuses the part owner from responsibility for customers getting ripped.
Why am i not surprised?

The company GLBSE took our assets.  The liability belongs to the company.  As for which individuals within the company the blame lies with, that's a matter for the company to sort out internally.

GLBSE isnt a company. According to the government only Nefario is responsible and anyone else associated with it is invisible. Which is why he wont be able to explain where all the money went.

Theymos has 600-800 btc of gblse assets. How can one say nefario is the only one responsible is hilarious.
Gblse are trying to get off a sinking ship without any crap hitting them as they jump.
Nefario is a perfect scapegoat.
Wat
October 05, 2012, 11:43:23 PM

Why am i not surprised?

legendary
Activity: 966
October 05, 2012, 11:35:08 PM

Why am i not surprised?

legendary
Activity: 2072
October 05, 2012, 10:47:56 PM

Why am i not surprised?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 05, 2012, 10:40:31 PM
Ownership is part and parcel to responsibility.
legendary
Activity: 1162
DiabloMiner author
October 05, 2012, 10:04:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 05, 2012, 09:57:05 PM

I don't see what Theymos did under his own actions/will that was scammer material.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 05, 2012, 09:42:08 PM
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 05, 2012, 09:02:17 PM
Can we finally get a move on this please?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 05, 2012, 08:30:49 PM

I don't understand where GLBSE thinks they get the authority to issue these codes without negotiating a delisting procedure with you. And by failing to even try to do that, they've seriously betrayed their customers who now have a worthless code, with no known redemption scheme, instead of an ownership interest in an asset.

Perhaps another exchange could accept these codes? Perhaps OP and Goat could work this out together?
Pages:
Jump to: