Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammers have stolen my money - page 2. (Read 4315 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
August 09, 2017, 11:51:32 AM
This is aca really good post and people can learn alot from your mistakes. Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry this happened to you but hopefully when people like you share these things then others will not be scammed.  Perhaps if more people did this for one another you may not have been scammed to begin with.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 870
August 08, 2017, 06:14:20 PM
Sorry for hearing that. Yeah, you should not have to believe in vague videos or words, especially if it offers you so much money. Well, I think it's very difficult to get your money back.
Why you say very difficult Grin? This amount BTC will never comeback unless hacker refund him, let's look at this as a lesson worthy for him and for the future use Bitcoin, it helps him know keep his private key or phrase words very important.
Everyone knows that hacker won't refund money (sounds funny). Seems you are very new here and that's why you have to ask or read important things. It's bitcoin's nature: sent money never returnes back. It's not paypal and as you see, mistakes can cause lost of money.
See this also: https://bitcoin.org/en/faq
Activity: 497
Merit: 251
August 08, 2017, 05:53:36 PM
Getting money stolen by scammers sucks... Mentioning ETH, shit happens: I was struck by a hack of an Ethereum smart contract as well, not fun at all
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 08, 2017, 05:29:31 PM
That sucks, just make a lesson out of it. Sorry for your loss..
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
August 08, 2017, 05:21:37 PM
Your case looks like the same as this one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scammed-16-coins-taken-2072545
It seems people have lost too many BTC due to not having complete information about how to get their BCH. Those "tenants" of BCH should have taken preventive measures to stop all this from happening which they didn't, now who will help out poor members who lost their BTC because of some unknown deeds?  Angry
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
August 08, 2017, 05:16:24 PM
I want to change my Backup phrase, but blockchain's support don't help me almost 3 days, very bad support

You can't change it, make a new backup seed and send everything there.
Activity: 41
August 08, 2017, 04:28:03 PM
I want to change my Backup phrase, but blockchain's support don't help me almost 3 days, very bad support
legendary
August 08, 2017, 03:36:32 PM
Check the Bcash block explorer

http://blockdozer.com/insight/

If your Bcash is there then you might be able to save it at least. Seems they are only stealing BTC.

Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
August 08, 2017, 01:40:59 PM
I'm sad about your loss. Actually you can't really undo things in the blockchain. Lesson learned  for you. You should never ever send any private details about your wallet infoes into someone. I believe that you can still recover from that! Never believe on what you see on videos bro!

Cheers!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
August 08, 2017, 12:54:43 PM
Hi
My ID in blockchain  368ac49b-9f06-440f-b4ef-58343905e5bc
Yesterday I want get BTH on my blockchain wallet and finded video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZHTt_lwBA&t=1s. I make step by steps by this video and as result all my money was stolen.
As I understand today thieves can do this after know my Backup phrase of 12 words and sent my money to 1Be7Ej9WA8ioDuqrRKCaGcCBM6Uu3Mci53. I don't know all this nuances, please help me return my money.
Thanks

Unfortunately the video is no longer there and I wanted to see what is it. As I can see from replies in this thread scammers have stolen a lot of money from different people.
Its a good thing that account/video was taken down as more people who have fallen prey to this kind of scam

Can someone please post a link to a similar video? Of course I'm not going to follow their instructions, it's just interesting to see to avoid such scammers.
Putting a similar video wouldn't be a good idea because others might want to try their method and lose out, best we do not even know about it!

Not knowing about something potentially harmful is not the best way to deal with things imo. Of course I wasn't going to follow the instructions in the video, I only wanted maybe to study it to warn my friends.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 08, 2017, 11:44:56 AM
Hi
Yesterday I want get BTH on my blockchain wallet and finded video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZHTt_lwBA&t=1s. I make step by steps by this video and as result all my money was stolen.
As I understand today thieves can do this after know my Backup phrase of 12 words and sent my money to 1Be7Ej9WA8ioDuqrRKCaGcCBM6Uu3Mci53. I don't know all this nuances, please help me return my money.
Thanks

Damnit. Fuck these scammers!

I think you have to say good bye to your money now. It will be gone forever.

Next time, be very very extra careful in dealing with youtube videos and elsewhere. Scammer are always waiting for you to commit a wrong move. And you're done.
I am really feeling sorry for him but it is almost impossible to recover is lost money. With the advance in technology and development of digital currencies, the percentage of scammers has also been tremendously increased. All the crypto traders need to be extra careful when they are looking for methods of earning more Bitcoins in a short time. Indeed, he needs to be very cautious next time.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
August 08, 2017, 08:59:16 AM
This really sucks. Thanks for the heads up. There are always phishing sites hoping to get info or money off people. Hopefully you will find some way to recover the coins somehow, however unlikely it is.
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
August 08, 2017, 06:34:13 AM
Hi
Thanks

Damnit. Fuck these scammers!

I think you have to say good bye to your money now. It will be gone forever.

Next time, be very very extra careful in dealing with youtube videos and elsewhere. Scammer are always waiting for you to commit a wrong move. And you're done.
Activity: 3
August 08, 2017, 05:24:15 AM
So sorry man. sometimes we learn in the hard way. I am pretty certain that you are going to be super careful from now going forward before you make any move on the internet. Always think through and triple check before taking action
legendary
August 08, 2017, 05:09:52 AM
According to that address, it seems they are only stealing BTC. They are leaving alone Bcash, according to the BCash block explorer.

So go and send your BCash somewhere safe at least.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
August 08, 2017, 05:02:40 AM
Uh, oh. I feel bad for you. That's why you shouldn't trust something easily, and moreover, a video that may lead to scam.
It's removed already so i don't know what's there, but make this as learning. Don't ever repeat the same mistake twice.
Make sure you check everything before doing something related to your money. And i think you just need to let it go, because nothing can be done to gain your money back.
Activity: 41
August 08, 2017, 04:57:17 AM
Sorry to hear man, your not the only one. I did the same thing. I lost 16 bitcoins to the pieces of s****. Was trying to claim bch and fell directly into their trap. I know now that i am a complete idiot for giving them my recovery phrase. I had saved those coins for 5 years, never freakin touched them. I should have gotten more informed before putting $50,000 at risk. It seriously sucks, hopefully the hardest lesson I will ever learn

It's very pity, let it be a lesson for us not to be so trusting and not to commit more of these mistakes. Perhaps we will return this money someday.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
August 08, 2017, 04:53:35 AM
It is already a basic thing to make sure before you trust someone. You should do checking if the details that he give to you is legit or if the company that he is proposing to you is a good one because in this kind of scenario where bitcoin price is already high, the criminals and scammers are everywhere because they see easy money here.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
August 08, 2017, 02:30:39 AM
Hi
Thanks

im sorry for your lost. Its so hard to trust other person about your wallet so its better not to give information of your account to anyone. Sad to say but in your situation like that its too hard to get your bitcoins back to your wallet because it is not irreversible like other wallet
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043
αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa
August 08, 2017, 01:48:17 AM
Nowadays people will do or make everything just to earn money even if it is illegal. But for some reasons we should be careful and keep our private personal files in secure mode or in a place where nobody else has any access or you can share it to your trustworthy partner in just case. We do not know what people might be thinking nowadays. Its just be better to be safe than sorry so please be careful.
Pages:
Jump to: