Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammers on Spreadsheets - page 6. (Read 841 times)

copper member
Activity: 365
Merit: 1
November 10, 2018, 04:23:41 PM
That's not a big issue, all you need to do is to keep checking the spreadsheet regularly and when you site any form of scamming report to the bounty manager immediately, I'm sure they will work on it
Activity: 294
November 10, 2018, 04:15:39 PM
Regardless of the strict rule given on bounties, scammers are increasing the more. the one I discovered recently is that hunters who are not qualify for some good bounties now use other hunters details to submit their work. when I saw this on a spreadsheet yesterday I am so surprised to see my details submitted on the same spreadsheet twice. What is really happening? Is there a way to block these scammers out?
Hahaha. We use to complain about ICOs scamming bounty hunters. Now even the hunters are scamming hunters.  Grin . Where do we go from here??? You just can't block such scammers because your details are public in the bounty spreadsheets.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
November 10, 2018, 04:08:52 PM
Regardless of the strict rule given on bounties, scammers are increasing the more. the one I discovered recently is that hunters who are not qualify for some good bounties now use other hunters details to submit their work. when I saw this on a spreadsheet yesterday I am so surprised to see my details submitted on the same spreadsheet twice. What is really happening? Is there a way to block these scammers out?
This type of fraud on the part of the participants of this forum has been used for a long time. With such fraudsters easy to handle. First of all, in your profile you must specify the address of your wallet. Fraudsters use your profile information, but indicate your wallet address. In principle, it does not threaten you. If the bounty manager does not identify such an account double, you will receive your tokens anyway, and your double will receive the same amount, though without doing anything.
If you saw your double, you need to inform the bounty manager about this, most likely by writing him a personal message in profile. For him to identify fraudsters is very simple: a fraudster is always the one who is listed below in the table. To guarantee and need information in the profile about the address of the wallet, it is for him that the manager will be convinced of the authenticity of the account. Many managers temporarily set accounts in alphabetical order, and then duplicates line up under this account.
Activity: 280
November 10, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

In most cases, these scams can easily be identified and blocked from participation in the bounty. Including multiple inputs. As a last resort, KYC may be requested.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
November 10, 2018, 03:46:43 PM
yes and yeas, scamer everywhere.
cryptocurrency need a help to find out and kick scamers in here.
This is a pathetic situation for bounty hunters across all cryptocurrency forums.
This can be handle by the Bounty Managers by providing no room for any sort of change of ETH address after the end of Bounty program.
Whosoever found cheating should be tag or Ban for about 3Months.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
diceroll.xyz
November 10, 2018, 03:43:13 PM
Now, It's very common now. Even Bounty manger easily catch them. Just in the case of poor bounty management they get something. Except this case no loss for real bounty hunters. More we try to stop the scammers they make new more was to cheat lol. I don't think it's gonna end or someone stop. Just we need to take care of all the things.  Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
November 10, 2018, 03:36:36 PM
I think you just have to get used to the fact that scammers surround us absolutely everywhere. I already got used to all the actions, during participation in a bounty to photograph that then there were no excess problems
You are right it means where ever you go, what ever you are doing scammers are always IN, if they can see a good opportunity on it like if it involves money. We all kmow we cannot stop them but we can prevent to ride on it with our business and transaction because they will hit for them to gain, just like taking advantages to the poor one.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
November 10, 2018, 03:31:36 PM
Most of the popular bounty spreadsheet has this types of problems. You can't stop them to steal your information, but bounty manager can help you to remove the cheater entries. That's why you must be careful about your work. Many people only keep doing works, they don't look after the stakes or these things! And they fall into the scam!
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
November 10, 2018, 03:26:04 PM
that should get remove later or in the end of the campaign if their manager check these type of things, you can contact bounty manager for these type of stuff if you want it to be removed right away, some bounty managers dont check for plagiarize stuff they just dont care.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
November 10, 2018, 03:23:53 PM
All you need to do is create a topic in Scam Accusations or Reputation to report these scammers to DT member but don't forget to let bounty manager know about these scammer and disqualify them from bounty campaign which they're using your profile to cheat Smiley. It's very easy, right?
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
November 10, 2018, 03:22:12 PM

I can say so that good management teams see this and set it off. If you notice a similar activity, you can also help them with this. Well, a lot of scammers. I think they often manage to steal the rewards of others.
Activity: 168
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
November 10, 2018, 03:19:11 PM
You have to write to the manager who conducts the company and to point to the swindler. But if such situation took place to be, then it means that the manager badly performs the work. And as the company will keep the promises, too it isn't absolutely clear.
Activity: 350
November 10, 2018, 03:14:41 PM
There are so many frauds that we can not keep up with, so we often check and weigh before participating in the project and being careful all the time.
Activity: 428
Merit: 172
chenille!
November 10, 2018, 01:29:03 PM
The biggest abuse I see right now in media campaign, many scammers are plagiarizing other participants content and post it on a different site. Many entries on steemit, cryptocoin pravda or medium are just copied articles from other articipants. I hope always bounty managers will kick them, but it requires a lot of time to check.
Maybe introduce something like you need to be at least member to participate in it, many won't risk their account to be tagged red for cheating.

This would prevent many stakes for cheaters like the Merit system already did.

Activity: 896
Merit: 103
November 10, 2018, 01:14:38 PM
too much scam everywhere, managers need to create form for identity, sometime I find myself few times in spreadsheets
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
November 10, 2018, 01:07:56 PM
I have encountered this problem severally, a scammer would submit with your details, sometimes even resubmitting your own work to make it seem like you submitted twice, they only thing they change is ETH address.
Activity: 298
November 10, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
If this happens. Be sure to report to the bounty manager. A lot of such fraud. You can't avoid it. Those fraudsters are very abominable. We must report the fraudsters' tokens address.

copper member
Activity: 101
Merit: 2
November 10, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

It's normal situation. With a bot, cheaters can submit a ton of registrations in several minutes. They copy/paste all information except wallet addresses. To protect yourself by checking speardsheet weekly and reporting to BMs promptly.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
November 10, 2018, 12:40:21 PM
I think bounty managers need to be more vigilant, they can easily find out if someone is claiming someone elses work, obviously the work belongs to the one that have submitted it first, so it is not hard to find such culprits and ban them.
Activity: 284
The Exchange for EOS Community
November 10, 2018, 12:39:52 PM
it is just a simple remedy if the bounty manager is doing his job he will definitely notice if somebody is cheating or scamming. if there is no action by the BM, then report it
Pages:
Jump to: