Pages:
Author

Topic: [Science Fiction'n stuff] Why video games show that time travel is not possible - page 2. (Read 2039 times)

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
Observation -
"no multiplayer video game capable of convincingly simulating time travel"

Conclution -
"time travel is not possible"

Huh
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
There is a video game showing the effects of time travel thoughTongue

Well, which version of time travel would the game engine have to simulate anyway? Parallel timelines would probably be kinda pointless concerning player interaction. Consistent timelines cannot be simulated because they'd require real timetravel.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
I've just watched an other science fiction movie about time travel and it made me feel like writing this idea I have for some time:   video games are a proof that time travel is not possible.

As far as I know, there is currently no multiplayer video game that is capable of convincingly simulating time travel.   We're capable of simulating words where we can do pretty much everything we want, including violating the laws of physics.  And yet for some reason we seem to be unable to conceive a game engine where one player could go back in time in the game.  It would just not make sense at some point.   I suppose the very idea is logically non consistent or something.

Pages:
Jump to: