Pages:
Author

Topic: Scrypt Bitcoin Threads NOT Allowed - page 8. (Read 12691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2013, 05:55:22 PM
As long as it's labelled properly as an Altcoin I don't really see why it needs to be 'removed' from the forum, while I personally take issue with any devs that laughably call their coin 'Gold', 'Real', 'Stable' ( I could go on but just glance at the alt currency forum and you'll see what I mean ) censorship of any kind no matter how people try to justify it is wrong. You guys have hardly ever outright banned well known scammers and frauds even I have heard of, I actually applauded you for that because it showed you weren't doing favouritism to certain people etc. and allowing people to intelligently make up their own minds about others but I think the only reason that you've taken out this particular coin is because it happens to have the same name as the forum. I think I'll be double checking my chat room now and see about re-uploading it so it all works properly because I'm getting pretty concerned about the way some of the forum staff are acting sometimes.

If you don't want it to damage other users do what you did with the scammers, inform people that the alt. currency has nothing to do with the original development of Bitcoin and it shouldn't be mistaken for it, job done, anything beyond that is peoples own stupidity and personal choice.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
September 11, 2013, 05:34:46 PM
GOOD
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
September 11, 2013, 04:08:36 PM
So there has been a lot of uproar about the new Scrypt "Bitcoin". I have discussed it with the other Staff members, and we feel it is in the forum user's best interest to not allow topics about the Scrypt Bitcoin on Bitcointalk.

Now before people get all upset about the censorship, let me explain our position,

First off, it is incredibly confusing to the Bitcointalk members, and even more so to new members. Those that stay out of the Altcoin scene in general are at a high risk of being caught in some level of fraud facilitated by the Scrypt Bitcoin, due to its name.

Second, users stand the risk of financial loss. Improper downloading of the Scrypt Bitcoin can cause damage to your real Bitcoin wallet. This is a similar stance that the forums holds to Malware. Even if the Scrypt Bitcoin did not intend to do damage, the possibility for damage is great, especially to those who don't understand the risks.

This is not a crackdown on all things Scrypt Bitcoin, we are not going to ban members for mentioning it in passing or anything insane like that, however we do request that you do not create new threads about it, or any download links or service discussion threads about it. I will be talking to the people who have existing threads regarding the Scrypt Bitcoin and figuring out what to do about those. New threads will be moved to the trashcan.

There are no hard feelings toward the coin, or Dev, however like mentioned before, its just too confusing and risky to actively allow a coin which could harm the forum users as a whole. Should the Developer of the Scrypt Bitcoin decide to change the name of it, it is welcomed back here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask,

SaltySpitoon
Pages:
Jump to: