Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 26. (Read 1289617 times)

Activity: 746
Merit: 500
December 12, 2016, 12:14:39 PM
Anyone else finding that there are very few connections on SDC network.

My node (up 24/7) has 6 connections. Same server running bitcoind (average form 100 to 125 connections), blackcoin (average from 90 to 125 connections).

I am not behind a NAT, direct public IP on the server.

Block explorer also showing only 22 connections: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!network

I am not saying that anything is wrong, I just find it strange that such a big market coin has so few nodes running.

If you are behind NAT you are limited to "outbound" peers only i.e. 16 MAX on Shadow/Blk and 8 MAX on Bitcoin (unless you are using upnp)
If you have public IP and correct firewall policy you will start to see "inbound" peers ... You can see from this explorer server that it is connected to over ~110 right now and can observe as much as ~200 daily ( http://explorer.shadow.cash/nodes/ )

Stopping the client, removing peers.dat and restarting should get you back into the game. Most of my nodes (and I run a dozen or so have over 70 peers).

Hi, tnx for the hint. I deleted the peers.dat, shortly after restarting the daemon I am up to 17 connections and climbing fast.

Strange thing though, I dont get it why that would happen. I am running shadowcash node for a year now, never had problems before.

Did the peers.dat get so crowded with dead nodes over time it stopped adding new ones?

Anyway, its fine now Smiley
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
December 12, 2016, 11:34:44 AM
inthewoods: @dadon I believe the encrypted chat doesn't work from mobile. people using mobile will just see scrambled text
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
December 12, 2016, 11:13:13 AM

My node (up 24/7) has 6 connections. Same server running bitcoind (average form 100 to 125 connections), blackcoin (average from 90 to 125 connections).

Block explorer also showing only 22 connections: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!network

I am not saying that anything is wrong, I just find it strange that such a big market coin has so few nodes running.

If you are behind NAT you are limited to "outbound" peers only i.e. 16 MAX on Shadow/Blk and 8 MAX on Bitcoin (unless you are using upnp)
If you have public IP and correct firewall policy you will start to see "inbound" peers ... You can see from this explorer server that it is connected to over ~110 right now and can observe as much as ~200 daily ( http://explorer.shadow.cash/nodes/ )

Stopping the client, removing peers.dat and restarting should get you back into the game. Most of my nodes (and I run a dozen or so have over 70 peers).
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
December 12, 2016, 10:24:19 AM

16 here bro

16 is still not that much Smiley

Possible that there are plenty nodes running over tor?
yes there is a number of people  running tor and also i asked another holder he said he had around 34
December 12, 2016, 10:18:53 AM

16 here bro

16 is still not that much Smiley

Possible that there are plenty nodes running over tor?
legendary
December 12, 2016, 09:49:18 AM
Announcement!  Due to both bitcointalk's troll infestation and Slack's slackness to privacy! not to mention the fact the messages are only stored temporarily we are trying to migrate over to Riot.im  If you are interested in joining us over there for a more secure communication environment please sign up and post your username here even if you use the same name as you use here so we can add you, see you over there guys :slightly_smiling_face:  or you can also find our public address #shadowproject:matrix.org
legendary
December 12, 2016, 09:47:34 AM

16 here bro
December 12, 2016, 09:21:38 AM

December 12, 2016, 02:04:52 AM
dadon: L&S good too see you again old mate :slightly_smiling_face:
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
December 12, 2016, 12:33:26 AM
Any real reason why this thread is still being used to spam market trade excitement, unnecessary trade market shilling, and market trade updates?

It used to be really good to come and check on it and it wasn't 30 pages of market trade chat.

I encourage you all to restrain yourselves, return it to its previous culture, and remember that it was something that actually set this project apart from the rest of the junk out there.

Personally i've just spent over 3 hours going through the pages again and i just feel like there is a bunch of people who have no clue what they are even doing here.
The trade chat and enabling it is a direct counter to some of your goals. Those goals are apparently to lazily market the project. I believe this project is still far from needing any marketing or people justifying any kind of trade value.

Maybe someone could start explaining what umbra is in this thread and the current features and the amazing evolution of this project and its strong core supporters. Its a beautiful story actually and i would love to be articulate enough to share it with you all. I am not unfortunately, however, i'm sure one of you is.

The core community here are strong and dedicated, some have even had blind faith, given how transparent the dev team was and still is. A lot of people support and would support anything they worked on because they are good people.

I guess i'm just saying i would love to see some stories shared and some relevant conversation about the project and not its trade value.

P.S Dadon, im not referring to you Tongue
December 11, 2016, 02:33:14 AM
dadon: yep they sure do but umbra market will be a cut above..we are talking end to end encrypted messaging/group chat, one push button i2p tor set up's a market with a design that is visually stunning( just look at current client) we are also talking mobile wallets that contain everything the desktop clients do..staking, market,chat..this is big guys sdc's umbra platform is the killer app.
Activity: 481
Woking as a binman sucks.
December 11, 2016, 01:47:41 AM
Everyone needs to remember the SDC's decentralized market is something that has never been done before.

Either you have faith in the team, or you are running for cover. It is pointless to announce artificial deadlines, and I think most of us would rather wait until the code is up to the usual standard of excellence.

There is an extremely limited number of SDC available, so the current price is a fantastic bet if you believe long term success is coming.

If not, I'll be happy to buy more cheap coins...

I think bitbay has a decentralized market. Dont they?
LBX
Activity: 1025
Merit: 534
A
December 11, 2016, 01:46:17 AM
I have a question
What is the difference between
1- address  and pubic key ; normal
2-  Stealth  address   no pubic key  
3- how to use chat?

Please explain to me
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
December 10, 2016, 07:55:13 PM

Well I guess if you leave all the important stuff out, it might make Monero seem better. The fact that SDC is based on Bitcoin is actually a huge advantage, because any features developed and implemented in BTC can optionally be adopted by SDC. Monero is actually missing many important features. The article is intentionally biased, and leaves out most of the important facts that make SDC far superior in many ways.

I think the XMR fans are afraid of what's about to happen.  Grin

http://i65.tinypic.com/2iut2io.png

You are missing the point.... yes SDC have the features of the XMR and BTC, but have the flaws of both...
How do you cover the time analsys attack vector on annonimaty?
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
December 10, 2016, 06:54:53 PM
Anonymity aside, how does the SDC team think the market will compare to Syscoin? It would seem to me many of the challenges would be the same.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
December 10, 2016, 06:32:47 PM
Everyone needs to remember the SDC's decentralized market is something that has never been done before.

Either you have faith in the team, or you are running for cover. It is pointless to announce artificial deadlines, and I think most of us would rather wait until the code is up to the usual standard of excellence.

There is an extremely limited number of SDC available, so the current price is a fantastic bet if you believe long term success is coming.

If not, I'll be happy to buy more cheap coins...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 10, 2016, 05:15:53 PM
I saw this coin at 8,000 satoshi at the first.

The price of SDC is Amazing now.

There are maybe large people that needs annon market.

Roll Eyes

from wan.

totally.
anon market is needed not only for illegal stuff, but for privacy.

if you are doing a big transaction, especially if something related to a big company, you will not want people sniffing around.
Activity: 868
December 10, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
any news SDC ?
Activity: 676
December 10, 2016, 03:25:12 PM
whats happenıng to sdc.  why thıs dump

Fundamentals have not changed. Don't fret over the dips and peaks, profit!

Vice words. Just buy on the dips or just don´t care about the price. There is nothing to be worry about.

i have heard this few times before, not here

all i see is more and more dips..
Activity: 453
Merit: 255
December 10, 2016, 03:05:33 PM
whats happenıng to sdc.  why thıs dump

Fundamentals have not changed. Don't fret over the dips and peaks, profit!

Vice words. Just buy on the dips or just don´t care about the price. There is nothing to be worry about.
Pages:
Jump to: