Pages:
Author

Topic: Secure wallet for altcoins - page 2. (Read 261 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102
January 28, 2018, 10:45:08 AM
I cannot store many altcoins with trezor or ledger nano s.what is the solution to store coins for long term that are not supported to trezor or ledger?
The most secure method to store ERC20 coins is paper print with your address and private key from MyEtherWallet. Also you need to backup wallet.dat file on different devices.
Activity: 504
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 10:38:47 AM
I also use  https://www.myetherwallet.com and I really like it. If something is not clear, I'm helped by YouTube. In addition, it is easy to withdraw funds from it - to the exchanger and after 5 minutes on the card. So, I recommend. The main thing is, do not give anyone your secret key and everything will be all right.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
January 28, 2018, 10:37:19 AM
I cannot store many altcoins with trezor or ledger nano s.what is the solution to store coins for long term that are not supported to trezor or ledger?

MyEtherWallet was the most popular altcoins wallet which is an ERC20 compatible to support all tokens. Use this wallet specially if there are more coming new coins and tokens from your new investments or campaigns but better you will use the wallet provided by your chosen exchanges so that you could do trading instantly reducing transaction fees which is required every time you need to transfer your coins from wallet to exchanges.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
January 28, 2018, 10:28:29 AM
Best way to store altcoin is Core wallet from Dev of their coin! But you must backup Wallet.dat file or Private key and need have a times to sync wallet before sent coin to exchange or other wallet!
Activity: 431
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 10:20:55 AM
Certainly it depends on which altcoins but i prefer if your coins ERC20 supported is Myetherwallet because its safe and very popular to anyone it is ethereum based and its functioning well. But dont share to others your private key to avoid hacking be aware always
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
January 28, 2018, 10:16:09 AM
Well if you're storing ERC20 tokens the best wallet would be Myetherwallet. Why? because all tokens in ERC20 are ethereum based and you can perfectly store them in that digital wallet. Just don't give your private keys away.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
January 28, 2018, 10:11:38 AM
I am using https://www.myetherwallet.com/ for all ERC20 tokens.

It is very safe and secure if you keep your private key safe. User friendly and easy to use.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
January 28, 2018, 10:11:04 AM
Coinomi is one of the best multi Support coins wallet which support many reputed cryotocurrency but can say what the altcoins to store then the people can suggest you the best wallet.
MEW is another option if your coins is based on ERC20 but you can't store litecoins or BCH in MEW,so you need to select the right wallet for your coin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
January 28, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
Hi. Depends on which altcoins.
I personally use MyEtherWallet which supports ERC20 tokens.
Use one address for your ERC20 tokens and ETH, backup your private key and addresses. Your money is only as safe as the steps you take to protect your digital wallets and the systems you access them through. 
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 09:43:25 AM
Pages:
Jump to: