Pages:
Author

Topic: Segwit on Bitcoin has Failed , BTC Core has Lost , The Miners have Won - page 5. (Read 4495 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
But Bitcoin Core does not care. They will run this out till November, no issue. They see BTC as a 'store of value' not a currency. So they really don't care
if the block size increases or not. Thus it is more of an issue to the miners. The bitcoin core people could care less as long as it acts as a store of value
and they keep control and the more the value of BTC goes up, the more entrenched they are that they are correct. Thus bitcoin core wins.
They have no real reason to do anything to increase block size, if they don't seem to care about mining
nor bitcoin being used as a currency. They are fine imho, just keeping it as a digital gold store of value and as such, keep the power to themselves.

Set/Win Sad

Segwit & LN are the Power Grap, if that fails then BTC Core fails.
Core refuses to update, there is nothing stopping the miners from updating BTC code and releasing it and taking future development away from the core team completely.  Wink

Cool

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Do you realise that segwit has until Nov to activate ?  i think you are a little premature.   Undecided

And I think many of you can't do math.

8 MB Blocks                   7.5% =>   100%- 7.5% =  92.5%   SEGWIT FAIL
or
Bitcoin Unlimited          18.3% =>   100%-18.3% =  81.7%   SEGWIT FAIL

Combined                    25.8%  =>   100%-25.8% = 74.2%   SEGWIT FAIL

Segwit has failed, Game Over it will never reach 95%.

Cool

But Bitcoin Core does not care. They will run this out till November, no issue. They see BTC as a 'store of value' not a currency. So they really don't care
if the block size increases or not. Thus it is more of an issue to the miners. The bitcoin core people could care less as long as it acts as a store of value
and they keep control and the more the value of BTC goes up, the more entrenched they are that they are correct. Thus bitcoin core wins.
They have no real reason to do anything to increase block size, if they don't seem to care about mining
nor bitcoin being used as a currency. They are fine imho, just keeping it as a digital gold store of value and as such, keep the power to themselves.

Set/Win Sad

legendary
Do you realise that segwit has until Nov to activate ?  i think you are a little premature.   Undecided

And I think many of you can't do math.

8 MB Blocks                   7.5% =>   100%- 7.5% =  92.5%   SEGWIT FAIL
or
Bitcoin Unlimited          18.3% =>   100%-18.3% =  81.7%   SEGWIT FAIL

Combined                    25.8%  =>   100%-25.8% = 74.2%   SEGWIT FAIL

Segwit has failed, Game Over it will never reach 95%.

Cool
Merit: 520
legendary
Segwit needs 95% to activate.

Current Numbers
https://coin.dance/blocks

Explicit Mining Pool Support by Proposal
SegWit                        24.6%
Bitcoin Unlimited          18.3%
8 MB Blocks                   7.5%

If the current Voters for Bitcoin Unlimited and 8 MB Blocks do not change their votes, (either alone is enough to block segwit)
Segwit will NEVER ATTAIN the 95% needed.

Segwit is DEAD!

Suggest BTC core start working on a blocksize increase solution ASAP, because no matter what else happens Segwit is Dead on Arrival.  Wink

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: