Pages:
Author

Topic: Segwit2x is dead, long live Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 4519 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2017, 11:44:47 AM
What to think of this?

https://bitcoin2x.org/
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 10, 2017, 11:41:22 AM
There will be further attempts, too much money and a lot of egos involved. Regardless, this was an interesting and educational series of events. Good show, Bitcoin.
Which is why we should never forget who the leaders of these takeovers were and never forget to call them out for them.

And now Bitcoin price drops significantly  Huh
Your point being? Stop being an uneducated bamboozled baboon and start doing some research, learning and start thinking for yourself.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
And now Bitcoin price drops significantly  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
November 09, 2017, 12:36:15 PM
There will be further attempts, too much money and a lot of egos involved. Regardless, this was an interesting and educational series of events. Good show, Bitcoin.
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
November 09, 2017, 10:51:05 AM
Really good news. Hope this is the end of the big blockers attacks, but sadly they always come back with a new scheme to take over bitcoin.

legendary
Terminated.
November 09, 2017, 09:22:23 AM
I think the decision is absolutely correct and that would be a big mistake if they continued on with their plan.
Their agenda remains malicious. They only did this in order to save face, not because of the reasons listed in that statement. Also, insider trading.

I've added a small list of attempted takeovers and the people that were involved in them. I'm missing out quite a number of names and dates. Therefore, if anyone has any suggestions you can post here or PM me and I'll update it.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
November 09, 2017, 05:28:34 AM
I'm glad that they decided to stop hard fork and show a little common sense after all.I think the decision is absolutely correct and that would be a big mistake if they continued on with their plan.What BTC needs now is united community,every serious action should have the overwhelming support of developers and users.

what the hell has been going on the past hours! i saw $7700 price before i went to sleep and now (in the morning) it seems like all hell broke lose over night Cheesy
did they pump the price to release this news and short bitcoin?

it is funny to watch though. specially the next one saying we are going ahead with the fork and all the rest of the weird news that has been going around on the media because of it...

Price is almost 7800$ before this news,and after news is drop to 7100$ but quickly recovered above 7300$.I think it is positively thing we have remained above 7000$ level,now we can test and see if this price increase is only related to hard fork and free coins or a positive trend will continue despite the cancellation of Segwit2x.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
November 09, 2017, 12:35:27 AM
what the hell has been going on the past hours! i saw $7700 price before i went to sleep and now (in the morning) it seems like all hell broke lose over night Cheesy
did they pump the price to release this news and short bitcoin?

it is funny to watch though. specially the next one saying we are going ahead with the fork and all the rest of the weird news that has been going around on the media because of it...
Activity: 28
Merit: 10
November 09, 2017, 12:26:04 AM
I do not understand. why sewgit failed. bitcoin pump. when people keep bitcoin. because bitcoin changes btg. now. prices are higher. the whale's trick. Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
November 09, 2017, 12:18:04 AM
good news still remain bitcoin continue to increase price value i can't imagine how much the pirce value of bitcoin before the end of this year, if the correction hard fork segwit2x is dead and bitcoiner's happy for the long live of bitcoin especially continues huge increasing the value.
Activity: 280
November 09, 2017, 12:07:15 AM
yes now bitcoin and all ath [Suspicious link removed]d news , they all pump pump ,
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
November 08, 2017, 11:53:03 PM
Yet again we have a proof that Satoshi's economic consensus design is able to withstand many attacks. SegWit2x has been called off not because NYA signatories are good guys who want to have united community, so they conceded because of lack of support from users. No, they have cancelled it because without user support it would be economic suicide - miners would waste their power on cheap altcoin, businesses would stuck on an altcoin chain with little to no users, and there's no way people would abandon Bitcoin just because fees on other chain is lower and blocks are bigger - if that's what people wanted, they'd do it with any other alts years ago.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 11:34:44 PM
Good to see that Bitcoin has managed to cross this obstacle, it's a great sign for the future if governments and other entities start throwing it under the bus. The team behind 2x was very irresponsible throughout the entire thing.. Even canceling it just a few days before it actually happened was shady as heck.

Now we wait and hope we get some scaling solutions in the very near future, with consensus.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 11:13:08 PM
This should further strengthen Bitcoin position. Not a long time before it hits 10k mark.
Have read though they are shelving it for the mean time and wait the opportune time for the community to turn around.

All is well in Bitcoin land then for the mean time.
Time to go and buy some alts.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
November 08, 2017, 11:08:56 PM
Just another failed attack on anti-fragile Bitcoin, furthering it's resilience and robustness.

Segwit2x is dead, long live Bitcoin!

I do not know why everyone is saying is dead, they said the cancelled the hardfork, does that mean is dead.  According to what I had been reading and what they have said is they cancelled due to a consensus in the bitcoin community.  Also we do not know if this was a manipulation event as well, there are alot of factors and I think people looking at this one sided is quite funny.  At least now we know that bitcoin will be able to get upgraded to the lighting network much sooner thanks to segwit.
Segwit2x team says,
"While this fork won’t happen, SegWit is here to stay. So let’s see if companies and developers are going to take advantage of SegWit in the coming months."

Proposals for on-chain scaling aren't dead per say, just this one. A block size increase is after all still on the roadmap for if and when it gains widespread consensus. I like Pieter Wuille's Bip 103 (https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0103.mediawiki)  of the 5 remaining open drafts.   

Thing is, until Segwit is fully utilized and https://bitcoincore.org/en/2017/03/23/schnorr-signature-aggregation/  along with LN are implemented, a hard fork isn't likely to gain the widespread consensus needed.

SegWit proposal did helped surge BTC over last 2 months.

Some news now is spreading that Segwit 2x will continue.. continue or not i'm eyeing on major miners who have influence in this matter try following them in twitter and be updated in their sentiments i did earn on alts before they pump but i short it fast after i hit the target because their something fishy in this news for my opinion only...
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
November 08, 2017, 10:43:39 PM

I am happy that SegWit2X is canceled because I am a Bitcoin investor. I think they knew they were going to fail a long time ago, and they made a lot of speculation without making an early announcement. Again Bitc:)in win .
Activity: 98
November 08, 2017, 09:44:23 PM
Just another failed attack on anti-fragile Bitcoin, furthering it's resilience and robustness.

I do not know why everyone is saying is dead, they said the cancelled the hardfork, does that mean is dead.  According to what I had been reading and what they have said is they cancelled due to a consensus in the bitcoin community.  Also we do not know if this was a manipulation event as well, there are alot of factors and I think people looking at this one sided is quite funny.  At least now we know that bitcoin will be able to get upgraded to the lighting network much sooner thanks to segwit.
Segwit2x team says,
"While this fork won’t happen, SegWit is here to stay. So let’s see if companies and developers are going to take advantage of SegWit in the coming months."

Proposals for on-chain scaling aren't dead per say, just this one. A block size increase is after all still on the roadmap for if and when it gains widespread consensus. I like Pieter Wuille's Bip 103 (https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0103.mediawiki)  of the 5 remaining open drafts.   

Thing is, until Segwit is fully utilized and https://bitcoincore.org/en/2017/03/23/schnorr-signature-aggregation/  along with LN are implemented, a hard fork isn't likely to gain the widespread consensus needed.

SegWit proposal did helped surge BTC over last 2 months.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
November 08, 2017, 07:14:03 PM

Segwit2x team says,

Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Telegram: @worldofcoinss
November 08, 2017, 06:55:58 PM

Segwit2x team says,
legendary
Terminated.
November 08, 2017, 06:51:42 PM
BCH is not a takeover attempt. BCH is an altcoin that is no longer related to Bitcoin in any way or form (other than keeping the same UTXO set at the time of the fork). Don't attempt to spread BCH propaganda in this thread as: a) It is off topic. b) BCH is a shitcoin. c) This is a self-moderated thread.

I'll update OP with the attacks mentioned by theymos and lay out everyone who was involved in them and attempted to take over Bitcoin. #NeverForget
Pages:
Jump to: