Pages:
Author

Topic: ‘Selfie Trend’ Officially Declared a 'mental disorder' - page 2. (Read 4159 times)

staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4111
Crypto Swap Exchange
Can't help by post it here, in light of this thread's title  Tongue

Riga's mayor made a selfie with an American tank:
http://www.vz.ru/news/2015/3/9/733444.html

Perhaps he contracted the disease from Dmitry Medvedev (last russian president, now - prime minister).
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Can't help by post it here, in light of this thread's title  Tongue

Riga's mayor made a selfie with an American tank:
http://www.vz.ru/news/2015/3/9/733444.html

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
Do we think that any of this news will stop people from taking selfies in the most mundane and/or public places? We can only hope!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
Yes, it seems true as even I hate people making funny/crazy faces, or I must say faces like pigs by taking their lips a bit ahead...
Just stop this trend guys, it ain't worth anyone's attention while you make stupid faces and think people "like" them...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
If not mental disorder, it makes people more narcissist and less aware of everthing going on around them. They are there own sun and the world revolves around them. Needless to say, I dont do many selfies.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
by this news, 4/3 peoples in the earth having this mental disorder..
Probably i'm not having disorder.....

I agree. Many people have this disorder, especially younger population.

They all have to make perfect selfies for their profile pictures on social networks.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
I'm not interested in finding out who or what Jaden Smith is.

Psychologists have reasons for what they say, just like every professional field has reasons for what it says and does. As with any other profession that has been around for a long time, there are those in it who believe this way, and those who believe the opposite, and there are some things they all believe in. Politics is the same. Politics often brings us much truth. And it often brings us many lies and distorted views.

Human beings are mistake-making creatures, right from birth, and sometimes before. The fact that a few psychologists suggest that selfie-ism is a mental disorder doesn't mean that psychologists aren't, at heart, selfies as well. They simply are good at hiding what they are just like most other people. Selfies are simply more honest in some ways, even though their honesty in the selfie way may feed a potentially harmful hang-up.

The fact that politicians want to use anything that they can to make the free peoples of the world feel guilty about something, or the fact that they want to find another way to take away freedom by making it difficult just to freely live, is a well-understood truth.

Wake up, joker, and look at reality.

Smiley

Sounds like that Jaden Smith person is pretty smart.

Smiley
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Psychologists have reasons for what they say, just like every professional field has reasons for what it says and does. As with any other profession that has been around for a long time, there are those in it who believe this way, and those who believe the opposite, and there are some things they all believe in. Politics is the same. Politics often brings us much truth. And it often brings us many lies and distorted views.

Human beings are mistake-making creatures, right from birth, and sometimes before. The fact that a few psychologists suggest that selfie-ism is a mental disorder doesn't mean that psychologists aren't, at heart, selfies as well. They simply are good at hiding what they are just like most other people. Selfies are simply more honest in some ways, even though their honesty in the selfie way may feed a potentially harmful hang-up.

The fact that politicians want to use anything that they can to make the free peoples of the world feel guilty about something, or the fact that they want to find another way to take away freedom by making it difficult just to freely live, is a well-understood truth.

Smiley

http://crazyhyena.com/imagebank/g/stupid-quotes-by-Jaden-Smith.jpg
legendary
Internet hoaxes, always very amusing...

Usually, the smartest time in a person's life happens when he is an infant. Infants learn oodles of new things. Long before they speak their first words, they have already mastered the spoken language of the people around them.

Watch an infant. Infants, especially toddlers who can't speak yet, are some of the most vain people around. They ham it up, especial with other infants every chance they get. They don't care if they have clothes on or not, and usually prefer the "not."

Is this a mental disorder? If it is, it has only become the worst kind in the psychologists who suggest that being a selfie is a mental disorder. At best, they are simply jealous.

Personally, I would tend to think that politics in trying to mold the thinking of people by using some psychological thinking and attitude to make people paranoid about communicating, because it is communication between us all that helps us to understand the mental disorder of trying to rule the world through politics.

Smiley

Dude, you need to stop reading Jaden Smith's twitter feed.

Smiley
L
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Internet hoaxes, always very amusing...

Usually, the smartest time in a person's life happens when he is an infant. Infants learn oodles of new things. Long before they speak their first words, they have already mastered the spoken language of the people around them.

Watch an infant. Infants, especially toddlers who can't speak yet, are some of the most vain people around. They ham it up, especial with other infants every chance they get. They don't care if they have clothes on or not, and usually prefer the "not."

Is this a mental disorder? If it is, it has only become the worst kind in the psychologists who suggest that being a selfie is a mental disorder. At best, they are simply jealous.

Personally, I would tend to think that politics in trying to mold the thinking of people by using some psychological thinking and attitude to make people paranoid about communicating, because it is communication between us all that helps us to understand the mental disorder of trying to rule the world through politics.

Smiley

Dude, you need to stop reading Jaden Smith's twitter feed.
legendary

Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
When I was a kid the TV addiction was discovered. I remember my parents read about it somewhere and decided that since I'm watching TV while eating dinner I have to be sick. Somehow it didn't matter that they couldn't wake up in the morning without a cup of coffee and smoked at least 3 times a day. We are all addicts.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
A common symptom of selfitis is the deformation of lips and cheeks also known as duck face.
At first it was just annoying...

but it has reached pandemic proportions.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
This is a hoax.
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
i agree i always thought of people taking the same picture over and over again to post online to get likes as mentally retarded.  i guess mental disorder is on the was to retardation so i was partially correct.
legendary
Activity: 1512
I guess one of their buddies already started manufacturing the medicine... :/
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
A common symptom of selfitis is the deformation of lips and cheeks also known as duck face.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Selfitis? Sounds like syphillis to me. Grin Well apparently I don't have that disease, and for the record, I haven't taken any selfies intentionally, so that means I do not possess that kind of disorder. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I sat on a bus the other day next to a women who took about 40 selfies in about 10 minutes, she then looked through them all, posted a few, then looked through her old selfy posts.

It is at best extreme narcissism, and at worst a mental disorder. I do admit to having taken selfies before, but only so as to get a photo of me and my girlfriend somewhere, rather than asking someone to take a photo (and probably steal my phone). It still feels ridiculous but at least the lady is happy we have photos together.
legendary
Activity: 1143
I knew this, every time i saw a Girl on facebook with more than 10 selfies = someone who was seeking approval and has low self esteem. Thanks for the article.
Pages:
Jump to: