Pages:
Author

Topic: ‘Selfie Trend’ Officially Declared a 'mental disorder' - page 3. (Read 4159 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thank god its finally confirmed, i never understood the need to make 999 selfies where ever you go. I get the feeling that people are not even enjoying the
moments they live, its much more important for them to document it and share with others, instead of living their life for thir own enjoyment.
Tech created a lot of dumb people , thats for sure.

cheers

excactly, they are basically NSA zombie slaves
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
Thank god its finally confirmed, i never understood the need to make 999 selfies where ever you go. I get the feeling that people are not even enjoying the
moments they live, its much more important for them to document it and share with others, instead of living their life for thir own enjoyment.
Tech created a lot of dumb people , thats for sure.

cheers
Activity: 31
Origins:   On 31 March 2014, the Adobo Chronicles published an article positing that the American Psychiatric Association had classified the taking of 'selfies' (i.e., self-portrait photographs shared via social media) as a mental disorder:
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has officially confirmed what many people thought all along: taking 'selfies' is a mental disorder.

The APA made this classification during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago. The disorder is called selfitis, and is defined as the obsessive compulsive desire to take photos of one's self and post them on social media as a way to make up for the lack of self-esteem and to fill a gap in intimacy.
Soon afterwards links and excerpts referencing that article were being circulated via social media, with many of those who encountered the item mistaking it for a genuine news report. However, the article was just a fictional spoof from the Adobo Chronicles ("Your source of up-to-date unbelievable news"), a Philippine-based web site whose "About" page notes that the nature of their content is creative writing, not news:
THE ADOBO CHRONICLES is your source of up-to-date, unbelievable news. Everything you read on this site is based on fact, except for the lies.

We abide by the highest standards of creative writing and intend to make this site as respectable as possible to the extent allowed by our fertile mind.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/selfies.asp
Activity: 182
Merit: 123
"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"
In 1960s a culture where people are obsessed of taking pictures of themselves would have sound like dystopian science fiction....

remember once the soul and the spirit are corrupted the last thing to show of is the body...

I love how most girls in the west love big muscles... I love it, if those youngs have the time to develop their muscles (not for war, otherwise it's the full xp) but for show... don't have the time to develop their brains... push up doesn't improve mental capabilities (in a war, survival is an art).
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has confirmed today that taking selfies is not just a ‘new trend’ but a mental disorder.

Officially known as ‘selefits', the mental disease is defined as a ‘compulsive urge to take one’s self and get social approval by posting them on social sites.’

The APA made the baffling discovery during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago today. According to doctors, taking selfies is one way to boost self-esteem and fill in emotional gaps.

APA further explained three different levels of the mental disorder as following

Borderline selfitis: capturing self-images at least thrice a day but refraining from posting them on social media. Judging from the bombardment of selfies on our social media walls, it means 75% female and 50% male population are demented.
Acute selfitis: The symptoms for this level includes taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
Chronic selfitis:  Overpowering urge to take photos of one’s self  constantly and  sharing them social media more than six times a day
According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

How many off you has this Disorder?
If you have this disorder please try to avoid it.

Thanks

Edit: Source: http://www.brandsynario.com/selfie-trend-officially-declared-a-mental-disorder

Activity: 56
In 1960s a culture where people are obsessed of taking pictures of themselves would have sound like dystopian science fiction....
With nearly 400 (and growing) to chose from, NOT having a mental disorder nowadays is abnormal.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/according-to-tptb-youre-either-an-extremist-or-mentally-ill-or-both-932419

their plan next is to impose multiple disorder, so they can feed you more pills (with more side effects, to feed you again more pills) forget... all to the KL.

for me the most painfull to watch is those mothers (those just good to spread their legs in hope of some do) that start to believe those "doc" like they were what ever... it's so tragic, and so young kids (or even babies) are already on medication... fucked up... (but don't forget for girls they just want to fuck, they don't care if you have a brain or not).
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
With nearly 400 (and growing) to chose from, NOT having a mental disorder nowadays is abnormal.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/according-to-tptb-youre-either-an-extremist-or-mentally-ill-or-both-932419

I stand by my record of never having taken a selfie although i have got caught up in 1 or 2 others.  Seems like a legit mental disorder though good work American Psychiatric Association!

Imagine your self working in a profession that his the official and unofficial sole enemy of Wall Street? that's called the American Psychiatric Association! gambling an illness... my goodness. If you knew what's awaits them, you would have pity (or prepare pop corn depending of your orientation toward buying and selling).
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has confirmed today that taking selfies is not just a ‘new trend’ but a mental disorder.

Officially known as ‘selefits', the mental disease is defined as a ‘compulsive urge to take one’s self and get social approval by posting them on social sites.’

The APA made the baffling discovery during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago today. According to doctors, taking selfies is one way to boost self-esteem and fill in emotional gaps.

APA further explained three different levels of the mental disorder as following

Borderline selfitis: capturing self-images at least thrice a day but refraining from posting them on social media. Judging from the bombardment of selfies on our social media walls, it means 75% female and 50% male population are demented.
Acute selfitis: The symptoms for this level includes taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
Chronic selfitis:  Overpowering urge to take photos of one’s self  constantly and  sharing them social media more than six times a day
According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

Thanks

Edit: Source: http://www.brandsynario.com/selfie-trend-officially-declared-a-mental-disorder

Wow!

legendary
Activity: 1316

I stand by my record of never having taken a selfie although i have got caught up in 1 or 2 others.  Seems like a legit mental disorder though good work American Psychiatric Association!
Activity: 742
Merit: 526

Thanks

It feels more like the American Psychiatric Association found a new Klondike. Selfitis sounds as scary as syphilis, they seem to be really great at marketing their shit.
Can you please post a news source properly? I'm getting tired of having to remind topic posters about this, especially if you're talking about this kind of stupid bullshit and EVERYTHING young people do is a mental disorder according to fucking old people, it happened with gaming too and I can guarantee you that it's going to happen with cryptocurrencies.

Posted above in the main post.

But its true i read it on many site and my teacher also said about this.  Just good it about selfie disorder you will find many links
You can also google it. i think you have this disorder lol  Grin

Because school teachers are always reliable source of information Smiley also, no I don't fucking selfie lol

LOL im not talking about school teacher, im in university, and my teacher is a PROFESSOR. I think you know who is a professor?
Professor has the latest information and these are authentic i think.

Oh c'mon, he was being sarcastic for sure.
by this news, 4/3 peoples in the earth having this mental disorder..
Probably i'm not having disorder.....

That looks about right. Smiley

My cat suffers from selfie disorder.

Cats are weird, man...

but they kill without doubt or sacrificed themselves when the lives of their offspring is threatened, all claws out. that's the core they aimed for thousand of years to destroy... make you accept the suffering of those bads... useless.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Can you please post a news source properly? I'm getting tired of having to remind topic posters about this, especially if you're talking about this kind of stupid bullshit and EVERYTHING young people do is a mental disorder according to fucking old people, it happened with gaming too and I can guarantee you that it's going to happen with cryptocurrencies.

But its true i read it on many site and my teacher also said about this.  Just good it about selfie disorder you will find many links

Because school teachers are always reliable source of information Smiley also, no I don't fucking selfie lol

LOL im not talking about school teacher, im in university, and my teacher is a PROFESSOR. I think you know who is a professor?

Oh fuck me that's even worse.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

My cat suffers from selfie disorder.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

Merit: 100
That makes more than half the world suffering with a mental disorder. Does sound awkward.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: