Pages:
Author

Topic: Selfkey (KEY), TheKey (TKY) or Civic (CVC), which one will be the winner? - page 2. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 4
TheKey seems like it focuses mostly on China or Asian countries. So there is a limited use case there already.

Selfkey is using self-soverign identity (SSI's) as the basis for creating a marketplace of services/partners. The idea itself is good but self-soverign ID's are difficult to implement successfully.

Civic probably has the best marketing strategy of the lot, but is lagging a bit on the technological innovation side.

There are 3 huge drawbacks for all of them:

1. The validation/verification part of KYC - it will still need manual user intervention. Either you will need to go to one of their designated partners or they will come to you (KYC.legal takes the latter route).
2. An assumption is - the party you interact with will need to be also enrolled on the platform. E.g.: if you have a SSI with Selfkey and you need to interact with party X - if party X itself does not have a Selfkey SSI then you are stuck.
3. A further assumption is that there will be widespread adoption....ain't ever going to happen. All fintech or companies requiring KYC or AML compliance - need to do independently - especially if they are operating under a strict jurisdiction /regulatory framework. Large fintechs would want participation and influence in the design of the algorithms and mechanisms. To make matters worse - smart contracts are still considered experimental so, which multi-billion corporate would leave their reputation to chance? Some ICOs might use these solutions, but I don't see any fintechs who would take the plunge.

Lastly - most of them use blockchain/DLT as a facade for some new cutting edge innovation. Rather, they can be achieved with "traditional" technology. The only difference is - you, as the end user will have to purchase their specific token to interact with the platform.

If you gave me $1,000 and ask me to invest on any of the 3 listed above - I'd give you $100 more and ask you to buy 2 ETH  Grin
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
CVC as per me will be the winner
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
I think KNY is more important than ever, so all coins/tokens with the goal to make identity verification easier should be welcome (especially in the area of ICO's)

Made a short research but couldn't determine the real winner:

Selfkey:
- based on ETH +
- huge team
- one advisor is founder of IOTA +
- working demo product +
- acting globally +
- medium market awarness (small telegram group in comparison to TKY) -
- favorable ICO price -> huge room to grow ++

TheKey:
- based on NEO (don't know if good or bad) +/-
- only focussed on chinese market but chinese people are not allowed in ICO?! -
- high market awarness +
- good team (Catherine Li) +
- political connections and patents +
- favorable ICO price -> huge room to grow ++

Civic:
- based on ETH +
- Vinny Lingham hype +
- longer on the market BUT imo not much "progress" -
- high market awarness but not much room to grow in the current state imo -

So KEY and TKY should be better IDV projects in my opinion and both will have an ICO this month. So which one is better in your opinion and why?

My bet would be going towards CIVIC + TheKey

Vinny Lingham is good but don't underestimate on Catherine Li, she seems to be one of the top 10 Influences in China
Next, it is to be compare on NEO vs ETH, personally i am more comfortable with ETH in this case
TheKey has one of the good advantage which i think they would likely to perform and scale better because they had access to patents and data in China based off what i've read

Both of them have the same marketcap, $100M+-
However if you are looking for real good profit, you might go for TheKey, it can explode to $1B marketcap easily as NEO focused on IDV
For me, i would pick on Civic as civic came off earlier so they SHOULD be surpass on TKY First.
But who knows, pick one of this 3 would result a good investment
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
I think civic is a proper project, with renowned team and popular owner, its products are already up and implemented by many other projects, so among these i think cvc will be the winner.
Activity: 420
Merit: 267
By and by I favor thekey as they have as of now a considerable measure of essential experience

Simply look at Selfkey and TheKey.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
The 3 projects I personally rate vey high, Civic and Selfkey have released a product but nothing so far from TheKey team.I will say Civic because the people behind it have done several projects that are successful before and I think they have the influence in the space to make CIvic work out very well.
Activity: 361
Merit: 137
Personally I wouldnt use any of them in my daily life. Not because I don't want to but because I have no use of them, I cant use them in any instituion to prove my identity.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
Thekey almost has the finished product. They are very popular in Eastern countries and have a large number of partners. I think it's a leader among all.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
I doubt that people will start using any of these apps unless some huge platforms start using them but I dont see that happenin either. The big players would rather make their own KYC thingy.
Activity: 617
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think selfkey will be the winner because their app is already about to launch for technical preview. Thekey is only concentrated on Chinese markets. Civic: I don't like it's over vinny lingham because he is very rude and talks bill shot always in Twitter.
Activity: 14
Neo is not looking good at the moment so I would choose the other 2 on eth.
Activity: 434
Merit: 175
I will choose civic if i need to choose one from those coin. Vinyl lingham has a good record on creating start up if im not mistaken he created gyft before. The price also good if you buy now its not too high as 3 month ago. If you want long term you need to conaider civic. Im not shilling just telling the truth.
Activity: 168
Selfkey is aimed at a broader market, desktop application can also be used as a wallet. It is also focused on Asian demographics. Civic is more focused on reusable KYC, and has a working phone app which will soon be used for reusable full kyc services.

Selfkey's idea behind Civic is that your identity can only be accessed through biometrics (face or fingerprint), this doesn’t happen with selfkey which you need a username and password to access
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
I chose TheKey (TKY). I think that out of these three, TKY has the most perspective and chances to grow seriously this year.
Activity: 65
Merit: 3
I was looking to invest myself today. However, I didn't think that civic was garbage, assumed they'd have first mover's advantage, so why is everybody downgrading them in such a manner??

Really undecided though, thought about splitting my position in both TheKey and SelfKEy (diversification, lower speculative risk...)
Activity: 154
Merit: 25
I think Selfkey is a better bet and team... but then again TheKey does have a lot of buzz. Hopefully good quality will speak through for KEY.
Activity: 47
I would like KEY gonna be. But TKY seems more active and probably will do their stuff earlier. Definitly not CVC Smiley
Activity: 8
We are very small compared to Civic but we offer actually distributed identity mining (not just some centralized company holding your private key)
https://nyx.insure/
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
I don't know why one of them only can win you see multiple of every other coin out there therefore I am gonna go against the grain and say all 3 will succeed because identities are important and they have one of the biggest if not the biggest use case in the world. I wish to see all 3 succeed because success for them means success for blockchain!

I agree the market is big enough to contain them all. but if I must vote, it would be for the one with the ability to extend its reach to solve other legal related issues to cater for copyrights integrity and genuine data exchange contracts.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
I‘m in selfkey invested and think its the most better token than thekey. I did the kyc of both tokens and selfkey did perform much better than thekey. Thekey was absolutely chaos and their tech seems not really faithful. In addition there was this topic about copied contents in the whitepaper. All in all selfkey seems to me the much better project.

Here are some of the differences between selfkey and the key which was posted from an selfkey telegram admin:

TheKey is focused on China ID, although Chinese were not eligible to participate in the sale.
Unlike TheKey, SelfKey has an ID/KYC working technology used by several fintech startups and token sales such as Airswap, Aditus and Polymath. SelfKey ID wallet, besides securely access ID documents, also supports ETH and any ERC-20 token.
Main advantage in my own opinion: The SelfKey marketplace!

You are doing no justice to the matter... TheKey actually has working product under CHinaGoverment in 2 cities, with many more about to be signed for... this brings nearly 250 million people already under TheKey product of ID stuff.

Thats huge, that is nearly the size of US population...
Pages:
Jump to: